Who Is The Next Recipiant Of The Rob Pettiti Award?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But that's not the criteria for the Pettiti award if I'm remembering correctly.

If that's it then I missed it he did say "whipping boy" so now I see what everyone is looking for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
On the board I was on at the time (FWST) don't recall Pettiti getting bashed much. Maybe that's why his dad showed up here to defend him. lol

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think another reason he received so much hate was because many FANS thought he was a lot better than what he was due to being named the starter on opening day. I know many on the board I was on at the time thought the Cowboys may have struck gold with Pettiti in the 6th round. Him being named the starter got everyone's expectations up and when he became the weak link on an already bad OL everyone pointed at him. The results with him that season were predictable and although he got thrown in way too soon the starting experience he gained as a rookie should have helped him develop into at least a solid backup in the league. The fact that he bounced around the league for 5 years and got very little playing time after he left the Cowboys indicates he was never a very good player.

He was named the starter because both guys in front of him crashed and burned. Only stupid fans would expect great results

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was named the starter because both guys in front of him crashed and burned. Only stupid fans would expect great results

Boards like these are full of stupid FANS which is why a rookie 6th round pick became a whipping here. It takes stupid FANS to put the blame on a rookie who had no business starting in the first place. It's ridiculous to point the finger at a late round rookie pick who was pushed into a starting job because 2 other players weren't getting it done. The board I was on at the time had a lot of realists and most of us expected a rough go for Pettiti on an already bad OL. How anyone could have expected him to add stability to that group was beyond me.

There were those on the FWST board who thought Parcells wouldn't start him if he wasn't ready so that raised a lot of expectations from a few. Apparently on this board many were expecting him to be the anchor on the OL for years to come. I could understand veteran players like WR Roy Williams and RW31 being whipping boys but not a rookie 6th round pick. All the hate was mostly due to FANS reading too much into him starting thinking he was some diamond in the rough the Cowboys may have struck gold with.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Boards like these are full of stupid FANS which is why a rookie 6th round pick became a whipping here. It takes stupid FANS to put the blame on a rookie who had no business starting in the first place. It's ridiculous to point the finger at a late round rookie pick who was pushed into a starting job because 2 other players weren't getting it done. The board I was on at the time had a lot of realists and most of us expected a rough go for Pettiti on an already bad OL. How anyone could have expected him to add stability to that group was beyond me.

There were those on the FWST board who thought Parcells wouldn't start him if he wasn't ready so that raised a lot of expectations from a few. Apparently on this board many were expecting him to be the anchor on the OL for years to come. I could understand veteran players like WR Roy Williams and RW31 being whipping boys but not a rookie 6th round pick. All the hate was mostly due to FANS reading too much into him starting thinking he was some diamond in the rough the Cowboys may have struck gold with.

Who else could we have started?

He beat out Torrin Tucker. What were we going to do? Go back to Tucker who BP knew was awful (and a bad influence on other ol?).

He was a total nightmare in the final game - but this board was in a frenzy well before

Wood

Reaction score
I can easily see McClain as whipping boy this year if he mentally starts to drift again.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who else could we have started?

He beat out Torrin Tucker. What were we going to do? Go back to Tucker who BP knew was awful (and a bad influence on other ol?).

He was a total nightmare in the final game - but this board was in a frenzy well before

That's what I'm saying we had no choice but some on the board I was on were under the impression Pettiti might be something special for Parcells to start him as a rookie. Parcells never came off like he had no choice starting Pettiti I clearly remember during a presser prior to the season opener in 05 Parcells saying he had full confidence in him. He appeared to be a Parcells type of guy and Parcells seemed to genuinely like him as a player.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/393652-new-lineman-could-be-parcells-pet

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think some people upped the hate due to the fact his father was posting here. For some reason they seemed to enjoy insulting Pettiti to his father.

Pettitti was slammed for the same reason that Proctor, McQuistan, Brewster, Costa, Rogers, Page, Arkin, Nagy, Kowalski or any others that performed poorly. Pittdawg got particularly frantic when Leonard Little destroyed Pettitti in the win-and-get-in 2005 finale disaster.

His son lays an egg of colossal proportions in the clutch and he comes on here and tells people to lay off. Of course that didn't end well.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I think some people upped the hate due to the fact his father was posting here. For some reason they seemed to enjoy insulting Pettiti to his father.
Anonymity always increases human depravity. It costs nothing to be kind and decent to your fellow human beings. This place could have given the iggles forum a run for its money during that time.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Pettitti was slammed for the same reason that Proctor, McQuistan, Brewster, Costa, Rogers, Page, Arkin, Nagy, Kowalski or any others that performed poorly. Pittdawg got particularly frantic when Leonard Little destroyed Pettitti in the win-and-get-in 2005 finale disaster.

His son lays an egg of colossal proportions in the clutch and he comes on here and tells people to lay off. Of course that didn't end well.

fwiw, that was not a win or go home game. Had we won, we would have been 10-6, but were swept by Washington and still would have missed the playoffs. The week 16 game against them was the nail in the coffin.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Easy choice.......and it's already started. Chaz Green. Played like a bum during rookie mini camp.....

Already hurt.....

needed surgury already.......

Wasted a 3rd round pick on the guy....when he clearly could have been had much later. Should have taken Darryl Williams instead....or Jay Ajayi

I think you picked the winner. A good choice indeed. :)

mitchell2254

Reaction score
kLhRkr6.png

MO deserves to be in a class all by himself.

I Nominate T-Will or Carr

Very good point.