Twitter: Who is WR4?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Where's the Dez fans? I COULD # some of you, but we all know the Dez coming back drama just wasn't going to happen. Thank goodness! :p
WE WILL HAVE ALL OF THE WIDE RECEIVERS!!!
The Egals took WR Jalen Reagor with the 21st pick. What's funny? Cowboys got Lamb four picks before the Eagles were on the clock. So much for the early BIRD catching the worm.
3xz184.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

12+88=7

Reaction score
The 4th and 5th WRs need to play special teams. Wilson was a punt returner when he was on the field. So I would give him a leg up on the competition.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I think Cedrick showed wel when he got the chance. Devin Smith I have no idea why Garrett stopped playing him. Maybe because he knew Garret was a terrible head coach.

should be:
Cedrick Wilson-4th
Noah Brown 5
Devin Smith-6

at some point we are going to see these guys get major time though. Amari is always nicked and Gallup was hurt last year as well.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'd like it to be Jarwin or Pollard out there preferably. If so, whoever has the best hands from the available guys.

Yeah, I would love to see when they give Zeke a rest for it to be the 3 WRs, Pollard, and Jarwin. You then have a line up that could be traditional or a 4 or 5 wideout offense. Whatever the defense put on the field on 1st down, you switch to the opposite offense and go hurry up not allowing them to sub to match up. You could get LBs trying to cover one of the WRs with just a little imagination.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Best ST player. Brown, maybe?
I think Bryant might make it as the 5th for that reason, but I think the #4 sitll has to be a WR first and foremost.

I'd really like if JVJ could be that guy, because as good as Lamb is, the speed element would be nice to add.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Bryant might make it as the 5th for that reason, but I think the #4 sitll has to be a WR first and foremost.

I'd really like if JVJ could be that guy, because as good as Lamb is, the speed element would be nice to add.

Yeah, WR4 and to be a guy you can plug in as an emergency starter. But I think a lot of the candidates can do that. We need as many non-returner ST guys as possible if we’re going to address the problems there. So I’m thinking hybrid guys like Brown and Bryant make some sense. Wilson is actually a guy I like a lot, but he’s not a great STer.

Big_D

Reaction score
Who cares don't matter much now, unless Dallas has and injury. Devin Smith?

Of course it matters. These are your special teamers! The full 53 matters. Who can excel on special teams and play some occasional offense? Still important even when they don’t break the top three!

817Gill

Reaction score
If our standard 11 personnel is 3WR, you can bet that 4WR looks will be used more often than with JG. The ol “WR4 is the special teams guy” is hard JG PTSD. When Mike won the SB he had Jennings, Driver, Nelson, and Jones. They all had roles and played snaps, it looks pretty obvious that we will employ 4WR’s. Not 3 and a TE or 3 and Tony Pollard, we will be using a 4th receiver as more than a once in a while thing.

Smith and Wilson are intriguing, but this list doesn’t make me stay away from WR the rest of the draft. I wouldn’t mind dipping back in the receiver market round 4/5 depending on what we do on day 2. Training camp competition will be amazing.

Big_D

Reaction score
If our standard 11 personnel is 3WR, you can bet that 4WR looks will be used more often than with JG. When Mike won the SB he had Jennings, Driver, Nelson, and Jones. They all had roles and played snaps, it looks pretty obvious that we will employ 4WR’s. Not 3 and a TE or 3 and Tony Pollard, we will be using a 4th receiver as more than a once in a while thing.

Smith and Wilson are intriguing, but this list doesn’t make me stay away from WR the rest of the draft. I wouldn’t mind dipping back in the receiver market round 4/5 depending on what we do on day 2. Training camp competition will be amazing.

very true, I wouldn’t be surprised if they found another quality WR later on in the draft.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I doubt Smith makes the roster. He's a better receiver than the rest of the guys below him, but offers less on special teams.

He played ST well at OSU. And think about Smith (or Jon'Vea Johnson) with blazing deep speed as the 4th guy in a 4 WR set running a deep go route on those plays to move a safety back every single time. Then the others poor saps have to cover Amari, Gallup and Lamb.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Of course it matters. These are your special teamers! The full 53 matters. Who can excel on special teams and play some occasional offense? Still important even when they don’t break the top three!
My bad sir. was still drunk on the top end.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He played ST well at OSU.

Yea, everyone keeps saying that, but he was a inactive for most of the season while Ventrall Bryant got the nod due to his special teams. I may be mistaken, but it seems the last regime wasn't impressed with his ability there