Who is your most underrated Cowboy player from the 90's?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
James Washington was straight thug on and off the field. I remember reading somewhere that Charles Haley would mess with most guys on the Cowboys squad, but he was scared of Washington. I think Washington grew up in South Central, Los Angeles or maybe Compton.

Haley wasn't afraid of Nobody. Dude once went into Eddie DeBartolo's office and took a whiz on it. That Dude was crazy, he wasn't scared.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Haley wasn't afraid of Nobody. Dude once went into Eddie DeBartolo's office and took a whiz on it. That Dude was crazy, he wasn't scared.

That's not the report I heard when it came to Washington. I'm going to see if I can find it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

This is what a poster (bsheern) said of a Haley encounter with Randy White.

Here's a story that never gets old. The Randy White/Charles Haley night. This Comes from Jody Dean that was there this particular night.

"To Randy. As he'll admit, he used to fight ANYBODY back when he was drinking. Haley came into Randy's place off Stemmons one night drunker that Cooter Brown. Rode his new Harley right through the front door. Jerry Jones begged Randy not to let him have any more booze. Randy went over to Charles and tried to ask nicely, but Haley stuck a finger in Randy's chest. Next thing we knew, Haley was on his back - out cold. They loaded Charles in a cab with a couple of Cowboys front office people, and sent him home - still unconscious. The best part was watching Randy and Mark Tunei pick that bike up and throw it in the back of a pick-up truck - and I mean THROW it. Not sure where they took it, but Haley never rode it again that I know of.

Charles did have some serious clinical issues - and as fierce as he was on the field , he always was something of a chicken---- off it. Last time I saw him he was on meds, and had ballooned up to about 350lbs."

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He filled in for My choice Ray Donaldson when He was injured if I remember correctly, started in the SB against Pittsburgh and played well.
Donaldson took over at centre when Step left and the line didn't miss a beat.
Yes, he played in 94 then retired in 95 around the start of camp, IIRC. Then they called him during the season after weeks or months of sitting on the sofa. Then he started the rest of the season all the way to the super bowl.

He could have played longer and could have been an elite player if he had wanted to keep his weight down.

John Madden loved to talk about Kennard's large backside which might be the biggest butt in sports history.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anyone recall, OT, Flozell Adams? Really big OT -- he ruled the left side for a long time. Jim Jeffcoat was another who deserved more credit.

Last edited:

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I see lots of great answers in here. I didn’t read through all five pages but one name i didn’t see on page one is Chad Hennings. His pressure on Neil O’Donnel forced the pick that sealed the game. Always loved that guy and his game.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Jay Novacek. Guy was a huge part of our success. Other then that I would say the defense has a whole. Absolutely monsters.

CoachD

Reaction score
WOW tough *** question for me and I saw EVERY Cowboys game from the 91 season up until now! Let me think for a minute......ok got it Corner back Kevin Smith.....nope wait changed my mind safety James Washington!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Mine is Larry Brown. He always made so many plays and was never given the credit he deserved until the Raiders paid him.

nate Newton. Should be in the HoF.

His jail time probably keeping him out.

and he played for Dallas. 8/