Who other than Jimmy Johnson do you think is missing from the Ring of Honor?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tough choices. A lot of people are worthy of consideration, but if all get in the honor gets diluted.

Harvey Martin, John Niland & Too Tall seem to me to be the most deserving of those that have been passed on, but Everson Walls, Ralph Neely & Cornell Green would be good candidates as well

I'm not counting DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten because I think they are already locks and just have to wait for a little more time to pass

Motorola

Reaction score
Coach Jason Garrett.......Mic drop!
In franchise history:
2nd longest tenure__10 years; 2nd most number of games__157; 2nd most number of regular season wins___87; tied for 2nd in division titles won__3
4th highest winning pct.__ .554

Don't be surprised when it happens down the road (especially if no other HC achieves long-term or post-season success).

Motorola

Reaction score
Tough choices. A lot of people are worthy of consideration, but if all get in the honor gets diluted.

Harvey Martin, John Niland & Too Tall seem to me to be the most deserving of those that have been passed on, but Everson Walls, Ralph Neely & Cornell Green would be good candidates as well

I'm not counting DeMarcus Ware and Jason Witten because I think they are already locks and just have to wait for a little more time to pass
The same with Tony Romo.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, everyone that played offensive line over a 4-5 year period is part of the Ring of Honor?

Kennard: Only 3 years as a Cowboy, and without so much as a Pro Bowl nod
Donaldson: Played well, but was only a Cowboy 2 years.
Gesek: 4 years, was on the bench for one of those, and no Pro Bowls.
Gogan: Didn't even start every year, was never more than a guy that plugged in whatever was the weakest spot on the line, and no Pro Bowls.

What about backups that played a little here and there when there were injuries? Vengard. Cornish. Stone

Do all these guys deserve to be part of the Ring of Honor?

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So, everyone that played offensive line over a 4-5 year period is part of the Ring of Honor?

Kennard: Only 3 years as a Cowboy, and without so much as a Pro Bowl nod
Donaldson: Played well, but was only a Cowboy 2 years.
Gesek: 4 years, was on the bench for one of those, and no Pro Bowls.
Gogan: Didn't even start every year, was never more than a guy that plugged in whatever was the weakest spot on the line, and no Pro Bowls.

What about backups that played a little here and there when there were injuries? Vengard. Cornish. Stone

Do all these guys deserve to be part of the Ring of Honor?
Jeebus man ....... Anyone with half a brain could figure out who I was talking about.

Brax

Reaction score
I don't recall seeing a thread like this before. We all know Jimmy Johnson is conspicuously absent from the Ring of Honor. Who else do you think is missing?

I'll start: Moose Johnston?
To Tall
Harvey Martin

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeebus man ...... Anyone with half a brain could figure out who I was talking about.
You said the O-Line should go in, not select individuals from the O-Line. That was your standard, not mine. If you meant select individuals should go in together, you should have said who instead of just specifying the unit as a whole.

BTW, it's too late to even have select individuals from that time all go in together because one of them is already in. The reason others aren't is they aren't considered locks like Allen was. Others will have to be viewed individually, the same as Allen.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
I think Romo is a pretty sure thing as well, but not as sure as Witten and Ware
All three are "a pretty sure thing" equally.
All were on the team together 2005-13...the bulk of their careers.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All three are "a pretty sure thing" equally.
All were on the team together 2005-13...the bulk of their careers.
I don't think being on the team at the same time makes them equal. I agree Romo is probably sure to get in, but the guys that will be Hall of Famers likely are probably higher on the list in my mind.