Who retires first - Brady, Brees, Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers?

Who retires first?

• Tom Brady

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Drew Brees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eli Manning

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Ben Roethlisberger

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Philip Rivers

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

JustChip

Reaction score
Big Ben
Manning
Rivers
Brees
Brady
I believe in this order. Big Ben and Eli might switch.

I agree on Ben before Manning. Pittsburgh has their "heir apparent" while NY doesn't appear to. NY will have to get their next QB first and I can see them letting him tutor under Eli for a year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Big Ben walk away after this year.

sean10mm

Reaction score
If any of these guys get a major injury at this point they're probably done, and age makes that more likely. That's the wild card.

Big Ben is a huge crybaby who accumulates nagging injuries like bored housewives accumulated Beanie Babies in the 1990s. He could bail at any time.

Brees wants all the regular season passing volume records. He's gonna play as long as he can physically put up big numbers. Going 7-9 a bunch of times won't hurt his legacy, but taking all of Peyton's regular season records away will cement it.

Brady isn't a regular season stat *****. It was never part of his persona. He'll keep playing until he can't take the team to the playoffs anymore. If Brees retires 1 year later than him with all the volume passing records he won't care at all. But if it's physically possible for him to contend for another title he'll do it.

Rivers is a little hard to read. I think he just likes playing football in general and will do it until he breaks down. People thought he'd get mad about the move to LA but apparently he doesn't care that much.

Eli is a weird goober who might do anything, who knows. He doesn't seem to be having a ton of fun at the moment though.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I can see Rivers being out first since he has a lot of kids and he probably would want to stay closer to home in San Diego to watch his other kids grow up.

csirl

Reaction score
Eli is already on the way out.

I have a feeling NE will seek to move on from Brady after this season.

Insomniac

Reaction score

Supposedly Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy G and move on from Brady but the owner insisted on keeping Brady. I can't imagine Robert Kraft will move on from him now without an heir apparent. Brady wants to keep playing in order to promote his TB12 training business. Belichick may have had enough and could retire at the end of the season.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Not a single vote for D. Brees. Love it.

This dude is going to be the first to top 80k yards. He likely only needs to play the 2019 season to get there.

csirl

Reaction score
Supposedly Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy G and move on from Brady but the owner insisted on keeping Brady. I can't imagine Robert Kraft will move on from him now without an heir apparent. Brady wants to keep playing in order to promote his TB12 training business. Belichick may have had enough and could retire at the end of the season.

I think Belichick wanted to move on, but the media misinterpreted the Jimmy G part. Word is Belicheck wanted another QB.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely think it will be Manning. Sounds like the NY locker room is already getting divided by Manning's play. I suspect this is the last season we see him in a Giants uniform. If, or when, he is pushed out the door I imagine he will just hang them up.

sean10mm

Reaction score

Then Brady lead the Patriots to 43 points lol.

Also they have so successor to Brady on the roster anyway.