Who said Garrett was a conservative play caller?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So why not fire Garrett and promote linehan

As head coach?

Because they are both garbage.

Linehan was just better as an OC then Garrett. He still is too stubborn but he was miles better then Garrett as a playcaller.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I though linehan ran Garrett’s offense

He pretty much did. If you wanna see what Linehan's Offense looked like, go watch the Lions games from about 2010 to 2012. When Jerry decided to go get an OC, Garrett wanted Linehan I guess, so Jerry brought him on. The problem was that Garrett and Linehan were friends and Garrett pretty much told him that this was the Offense he would run. It's not the Offense that Linehan would run if it were his show IMO.

Edit:

Garrett and Linehan go back to the Miami days, when Garrett was a QA Coach and a QB Coach there. Linehan ws the OC in Miami, under Saban.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to his play calling either way.

Seems Jerry has given him just enough rope to hang himself on this one. Either he can succeed or be gone.

Were you watching the games before Callahan and Linehan came aboard? if so, you already saw Jason Garrett called the plays. Jerry took the play calling away from Garrett because his play calling was atrocious...

Callahan and Linehan didn't do us any favors when they took over the playcalling...

Maybe it's just me but I'm solely convinced Linehan didn't call Garrett's plays (like a lot are saying). Granted his play calling was as bad as Garretts. Linehan called his own plays. He was given the reign of play calling so Jones could protect Garrett... Nothing more nothing less...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
lol using run/pass splits as the metric for innovation.

The closest to creativity that Garrett and his staff have gotten is copying innovative coaches. For example, there is all the RPO we ganked from Seattle.

Outside of that there is little difference between Zampese's 90s playbooks and what is run today.

Sheffielder74UK

Reaction score
All you have to do is ask one question. When the game is on the line, do you want Garrett calling the play?