Who should we be looking at?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
We will not be drafting ANY Q.B./R.B./T.E./W.R. in ANY DRAFT the next 3-5 years, so SCRATCH all them off our list, with a very small possibility of a late round Q.B.!

So basically, IMO our immediate needs are probably gonna be s.S. (Roy's GONE IMO) L.G. (kosier Gone or unpgrade needed) N.T. (need a BIG run stuffer) and more C.B.'s certainly couldn't hurt, we could need a R.T. if Columbo leaves, but I think Free is gonna step in that role )

So does anyone have a short list of top Guards (I want BIG guards in the 330 range), good Safeties, Strong or a free safety if he has good size, big N.T., and a couple 2-4 round C.B. prospects to keep an eye on?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Care to explain to me why we wouldn't be looking at WR or QB in any drafts for the next 3-5 years?

...and why you wouldn't list ILB as a need?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
your wiliing to sit pat with 40 year old qb brad johnson as your backup qb?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
QB, OL, DL, ILB, and secondary. I would imagine that every single one of those areas are areas that will be heavily addressed.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2368395 said:

Brooks Bollinger

BraveHeartFan;2368419 said:
QB, OL, DL, ILB, and secondary. I would imagine that every single one of those areas are areas that will be heavily addressed.

IDK bout QB cause Romo not going anywhere any time soon and we still have Brooks....I'd rather run with 2 QB's on the roster than 3 but we will have a PS guy.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2366872 said:
Care to explain to me why we wouldn't be looking at WR or QB in any drafts for the next 3-5 years?

...and why you wouldn't list ILB as a need?

Cause it's clear by the way we've been handling the position that we aren't trying to develop any young Q.B., we'll have Romo as our starter for a long time, and our backup Q.B. will be a proven vet, Brad Johnson is out, and I can only assume we'll get someone like a Byron Leftwich or some other capable VET to backup Romo and won't be looking to develop anyone young going by past story.

As far as W.R., we have Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton all locked up for the next 3 years and Roy for more, and with other young players such as Isaiah Stanbck and Miles Austin and Sam Hurd, I can't possibly imagine us drafting a W.R. the next 3-5 years, at LEAST for the next 3 years at LEAST.

I don't list I.L.B. as a need cause I don't see it as a need.
We will have both starters in James and Thomas, and two backups in Burnett and Carpenter that I can't see us drafting anyone to beat them out late in the draft, cause I can't see us using a high pick on a position where we have both starters locked up with 2 good backups, and if we're not gonna use a high pick on a position that's already filled, I can't see a late round pick beating out Carpenter and especially Burnett.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2368395 said:

Not at all, but you're willing to have some rookie Q.B. backing up Romo?
No, so Johnson is GONE after this year, and we will either use Bollinger or get another quality vet to backup Romo like a Byron Lefwich or someone along those lines.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2379715 said:
Cause it's clear by the way we've been handling the position that we aren't trying to develop any young Q.B., we'll have Romo as our starter for a long time, and our backup Q.B. will be a proven vet, Brad Johnson is out, and I can only assume we'll get someone like a Byron Leftwich or some other capable VET to backup Romo and won't be looking to develop anyone young going by past story.

You're assuming that we are able to get a viable VET backup. Hasn't worked out so well for us so far, has it? You're also assuming that Romo will be here for for an extended amount of time. He's no spring chicken, and there is always the chance that he's injured. You never know. Having a viable vet is one thing, but finding young talent in the draft is a NEED. I would think any fan of the Cowboys would know this. It may take several tries before we find a capable QB....they should be looked at EVERY YEAR, regardless of the current QB situation. I think it's pretty clear that at this point, we need 3 QB's on this roster.

As far as W.R., we have Terrell Owens, Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton all locked up for the next 3 years and Roy for more, and with other young players such as Isaiah Stanbck and Miles Austin and Sam Hurd, I can't possibly imagine us drafting a W.R. the next 3-5 years, at LEAST for the next 3 years at LEAST.

Roy Williams aside, I'd be awfully worried about hanging my hat on a 35 year old receiver that has looked like crap at the age of 34. Crayton is a decent player, but nothing special. Many of us feel that Austin MIGHT turn into a player, but that's a big MIGHT. Stanback is a joke. He's essentially a marginally more productive Skyler Green so far. He's no WR IMO. Sam Hurd hasn't done **** this year. What other depth do we have? Amendola? Another big MAYBE.

...and you're absolutely INSANE if you think we won't be drafting a WR for the next 3-5 years. Saying that completely discredits anything you have to say in this forum.

I don't list I.L.B. as a need cause I don't see it as a need.
We will have both starters in James and Thomas, and two backups in Burnett and Carpenter that I can't see us drafting anyone to beat them out late in the draft, cause I can't see us using a high pick on a position where we have both starters locked up with 2 good backups, and if we're not gonna use a high pick on a position that's already filled, I can't see a late round pick beating out Carpenter and especially Burnett.

Lmao...this one is even more delusional then your other two assessments. Bradie James is a OK player with some serious physical shortcomings. So is Thomas, but he can actually play above them....except that he's going to be 36 YEARS OLD! For the love of god. I love Thomas, but he's clearly lost a step this year, and to depend on him for another year or two is beyond stupidity. Burnett's contract is up. Do you really think we're going to re-sign a backup LB with a injury history like his? I don't. Pretty sure most rational people would agree with me. Carpenter? Really? I was this guy's biggest cheerleader up until a few months ago, but if he's still on this team in six months I'll be shocked. He's been a huge disappointment to say the least.

ILB is one of the, if not THE, primary concerns for us in the draft.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2379971 said:
You're assuming that we are able to get a viable VET backup. Hasn't worked out so well for us so far, has it?

We THOGUHT Johnosno was a viable vet, just cause he now SUCKS doesn't change the fact our philosophy is to have Romo as the starter and an experienced vet behind him.

You're also assuming that Romo will be here for for an extended amount of time. He's no spring chicken, and there is always the chance that he's injured.

LOL, yeah, Romo is gonna be here for a long time, if he has a career ending injury, we'll need to go out and draft a top Q.B., but ONCE AGAIN, or team philosophy is going with a vet backup for Romo and notreally caring about grooming some young guy for the future since Romo is gonna be our future barring massive injury for next 7 or so years.

You never know. Having a viable vet is one thing, but finding young talent in the draft is a NEED.

It's not a NEED to draft a young Q.B. to groom, unless Romo was like 33 years old and would need replacing in a couple years, any Q.B. we draft barring massive injury career ending will never see the field if our philosophy is to have Romo starting and a good vet backing him up, so that would be the LAST NEED on this team.

I would think any fan of the Cowboys would know this. It may take several tries before we find a capable QB....they should be looked at EVERY YEAR, regardless of the current QB situation. I think it's pretty clear that at this point, we need 3 QB's on this roster.

Not clear at all, hence the reason we didn't even keep a 3rd Q.b. for a few years.
I agree with you that we should always try and groom a 3rd young Q.B., but that's not the teams philosophy, and we're just gonna have to accept that.

Roy Williams aside, I'd be awfully worried about hanging my hat on a 35 year old receiver that has looked like crap at the age of 34.

Hanging your hat?????
If you think Owens looks like CRAP, you don't know football, doesn't matter though he's signed for 3 years, Crayton is signed for 3 years I think, and RW is signed for longer, so we have oru TOP 3 W.R.s SET IN STONE for the next 2-3 years with a viable #1 W.R. in Roy WIlliams to step in as the #1 W.R. once Owens retires, and having Austin a #4 W.R. depth wise is AWEOSME, I dont' know many teams that have a W.R. as good as Miles as their #4 W.R., and Stanback is a work in progress that we will continue to work on, and Hurd is a good W.R. option who's great on special teams, so W.R. is BY FAR, BY FAR, BY FAR our strongest position and will CONTINUE to be for the next few years without the addition of any draft picks, so IMO we don't have the need to draft any W.R. right now because no W.R. we draft is gonna beat out any of those guys, assuming we are not gonna be using any picks in round 1-4 on a W.R. since we have out 3 W.R.'s set in stone, so there's no need to waste a top 4 round pick on a W.R. who won't even see the field for years, so tell me what's the point of drafting a W.R. in round 5 sice he is pretty much not gonna be able to beat out Autsin, hurd, Stanback anyway???

Roy Williams IS a #1 W.R. in the NFL, and will be our #1 W.R. once owens is gone, and Crayton would then be the #2 guy.

Crayton is a decent player, but nothing special. Many of us feel that Austin MIGHT turn into a player, but that's a big MIGHT. Stanback is a joke. He's essentially a marginally more productive Skyler Green so far. He's no WR IMO. Sam Hurd hasn't done **** this year. What other depth do we have? Amendola? Another big MAYBE.

Um, HURD is INJURED, Stanback is a work in progress that will take another year to develop, why bring in a draft pick to take anoyher 3 years to develop him when we already invested time in Stanback who still has potential, Austin for a #4 W.R. is AWESOME depth IMO, W.R. is our DEEPEST and most talented position on the team and mark my words, we will NOT be drafting a WR this year AT ALL and I'd be SHOCKED if we drafted one the year after that also!
Is their a slim chance we use a 7th round pick on a W.R., sure never say never, I just don't see any reason too when we have all our W.R.'s from #1 to #6 SET IN STONE already.

...and you're absolutely INSANE if you think we won't be drafting a WR for the next 3-5 years. Saying that completely discredits anything you have to say in this forum.

We might, but I just don't see it, no need to since we have our #1 and #2 W.R. in place even after T.O. leaves in 2 more years, and our backups behind them are pretty good, discredits me??
Maybe of course we could draft a W.R., but I just don't see the need too AT ALL with all the talent and depth we have their right now.

Lmao...this one is even more delusional then your other two assessments. Bradie James is a OK player with some serious physical shortcomings. So is Thomas, but he can actually play above them....except that he's going to be 36 YEARS OLD! For the love of god. I love Thomas, but he's clearly lost a step this year, and to depend on him for another year or two is beyond stupidity. Burnett's contract is up. Do you really think we're going to re-sign a backup LB with a injury history like his? I don't. Pretty sure most rational people would agree with me. Carpenter? Really? I was this guy's biggest cheerleader up until a few months ago, but if he's still on this team in six months I'll be shocked. He's been a huge disappointment to say the least.

James is BETTER than what you thik, did you see him making plays ALL OVER THE FIELD last week????
Thomas is playing great for us, and BOTTOM LINE, bothj witll be back next year, so no need to use our top pick on a position that has it's starters already set in stone!
And YES I see us re-signing Burnett, he's great in our nickle defense, and Carp, he is a but, but he's not bad for a 3rd string backup as far as backups in this league goes.

ILB is one of the, if not THE, primary concerns for us in the draft

REALLY?
Tell me who wer'e gonna draft wiht our top draft pick which hopefully will be the 32nd pick in round TWO s gonna come in and start over James or Thomas, please tell!
I.L.B. is very low on our list for the draft IMO since we'll be having both of this years starers RETURNING for next year.
I think O.G./D-line, D.E. and a big N.T./ and safety if Roy is gone or not are a lot bigger needs IMO.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2380798 said:
We THOGUHT Johnosno was a viable vet, just cause he now SUCKS doesn't change the fact our philosophy is to have Romo as the starter and an experienced vet behind him.

LOL, yeah, Romo is gonna be here for a long time, if he has a career ending injury, we'll need to go out and draft a top Q.B., but ONCE AGAIN, or team philosophy is going with a vet backup for Romo and notreally caring about grooming some young guy for the future since Romo is gonna be our future barring massive injury for next 7 or so years.

So I ask you yet again...what makes you think that adding one of these 'vets' that are currently sitting around scratching their arses is going to solve the situation? Why in god's name would you wait until AFTER Romo goes down to find a replacement? You do realize that you can have a vet AND a young QB to groom, don't you?

I wasn't aware that you were privy to all of the Cowboy's team philosophies. :rolleyes: Words can't express how thankful I am that our FO has more common sense than you. Every GM in the NFL would laugh in your face if you expressed this idea to them.

Do I need to go into more detail? What about picking up a mid/late round QB and grooming him while Romo continues to play doesn't make sense to you? Worst case scenario, the guy suck and we get rid of him. If he can play, and Romo's career is still going strong, then we get a good return on the investment i.e. Matt Schaub. If he can really play and Romo gets hurt again, then we have a capable backup, and someone that can take the helm if Romo should happen to retire. It's been common practice in the NFL for years.

It's not a NEED to draft a young Q.B. to groom, unless Romo was like 33 years old and would need replacing in a couple years, any Q.B. we draft barring massive injury career ending will never see the field if our philosophy is to have Romo starting and a good vet backing him up, so that would be the LAST NEED on this team.

Once again, I must reiterate how stupid this practice would be. It sure as hell is a need if you can't find a capable backup in FA. How have we been doing there lately?

...and let's not get away form your original assessment that we will not be drafting ANY QB, RB, TE, or WR's for the next 3-5 years...which in itself is an immeasurably absurd comment. Our needs have changed in the past 3-5 weeks, and you're arrogant enough to think they won't in the next 3-5 years. :rolleyes:

Not clear at all, hence the reason we didn't even keep a 3rd Q.b. for a few years.
I agree with you that we should always try and groom a 3rd young Q.B., but that's not the teams philosophy, and we're just gonna have to accept that.

Once again, you haven't the slightest idea what this team is thinking. We currently employ 4 QB's. You think they aren't kicking themselves in the *** for not keeping Moore? for not keeping 3 capable QB's this year? I'd bet they are. It's a gamble, and they lost on it this time. I'd bet they're damn well thinking about finding a young guy with some talent.

Hanging your hat?????
If you think Owens looks like CRAP, you don't know football

If you think a #1 receiver with 30 catches, 431 yards, and 5 TD's is a good thing, then you're the one that doesn't know football. He's played poorly the last few games. He's still a good player, but he's not what he used to be.

doesn't matter though he's signed for 3 years,

Ummm....guess what? He's currently playing in his 3rd year here.

Crayton is signed for 3 years I think, and RW is signed for longer, so we have oru TOP 3 W.R.s SET IN STONE for the next 2-3 years with a viable #1 W.R. in Roy WIlliams to step in as the #1 W.R.

We have ONE WR 'set in stone', and that's #11. Crayton is highly movable with only 6 million guaranteed. Owens' contract is up this offseason. Who know what happens there.

once Owens retires, and having Austin a #4 W.R. depth wise is AWEOSME, I dont' know many teams that have a W.R. as good as Miles as their #4 W.R.,

You're getting a little jumpy on Austin. He's looked pretty good for sure, but he hasn't proven anything yet.

and Stanback is a work in progress that we will continue to work on,

Stanback is a wasted pick IMO. He runs sloppy routes, has marginal hands come gametime, and is no better than Skyler Green on special teams. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see it happening.

and Hurd is a good W.R. option who's great on special teams, so W.R. is BY FAR, BY FAR, BY FAR our strongest position and will CONTINUE to be for the next few years without the addition of any draft picks,

Hurd is a JAG. Special teams players are a dime a dozen, and rookies are cheaper than 4th year vets. If you think all of these guys are sticking around, you've got another thing coming, and if you thinkk they're sticking around for 5 years, well, I don't know what to tell you...but it wouldn't be good.

so IMO we don't have the need to draft any W.R. right now because no W.R. we draft is gonna beat out any of those guys, assuming we are not gonna be using any picks in round 1-4 on a W.R. since we have out 3 W.R.'s set in stone, so there's no need to waste a top 4 round pick on a W.R. who won't even see the field for years, so tell me what's the point of drafting a W.R. in round 5 sice he is pretty much not gonna be able to beat out Autsin, hurd, Stanback anyway???

Who said anything about a 'top 4 pick'? Not me....but I assure you, there will be WR's taken after that that would make this team.

Um, HURD is INJURED, Stanback is a work in progress that will take another year to develop, why bring in a draft pick to take anoyher 3 years to develop him when we already invested time in Stanback who still has potential, Austin for a #4 W.R. is AWESOME depth IMO, W.R. is our DEEPEST and most talented position on the team and mark my words, we will NOT be drafting a WR this year AT ALL and I'd be SHOCKED if we drafted one the year after that also!

Hurd has injury problems? No way! Well, if that's the case, let's sign him to a contract extension so that we can see what he's got when he comes back a year older, a year rustier, and a year more expensive! Championship!

Anyone that thinks Stanback is going to contribute here is holding onto a very thin lifeline. He hasn't shown jack. It's his third year, and he's on the inactive list more often than not...and he can thank Hurd for that. He has one more year left. MAYBE.

Austin is the only young guy right now that has staked a claim in any future with the Cowboys.

Is their a slim chance we use a 7th round pick on a W.R., sure never say never, I just don't see any reason too when we have all our W.R.'s from #1 to #6 SET IN STONE already.

...but you did say never, and this 'stone' you speak of is more like a horse apple.

James is BETTER than what you thik, did you see him making plays ALL OVER THE FIELD last week????

James had a very good game last week. Much better than usual. Personally, I want someone who plays like that every week, but that's just me.

I just don't get too excited about slow, average, 2 down linebackers. His contract is up in 2 years, so I don't see how this fits in your 3-5 year scenario either.

Thomas is playing great for us, and BOTTOM LINE, bothj witll be back next year, so no need to use our top pick on a position that has it's starters already set in stone!

I love Thomas, I wish we had signed him four years ago...but the man will be 36 years old next year. He's already slowing. He spends half his day on the training table getting stretched by and assistant so he doesn't get hurt due to age as it is now. He's not getting younger, and he certainly won't be here for your aforementioned 3-5 year period that we are 'set in stone' at linebacker. One more year, tops.

Or are you of the opinion that we should wait until a particular position is actually vacated before we look for a replacement? Gotcha. We'll jsut go with some 'vet' experience like Scott Shanle, Scott Fujiita, or Akin Ayodele....they know the system, and I'm sure they'll be looking for a paycheck from someone by then.

Perhaps we'll get lucky and find that automatic starter right out of the gates in the 3rd round of the 2010 draft...nah....probably not. Then again, we'll probably have a top 5 pick if we use your FO philosophy. :D

And YES I see us re-signing Burnett, he's great in our nickle defense, and Carp, he is a but, but he's not bad for a 3rd string backup as far as backups in this league goes.

My god. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. The dude can't stay healthy for more than a month at a time and you want to re-sign him? at damn near a million dollars? for a special teamer?

Wow.

REALLY?
Tell me who wer'e gonna draft wiht our top draft pick which hopefully will be the 32nd pick in round TWO s gonna come in and start over James or Thomas, please tell!

Does the concept of taking over after a year or two hit home at all?

...and I'd be willing to bet that there are one or two guys that you could get in this years' draft that could easily start taking snaps away from James and Thomas. The two are 2 down players right now for god's sake.

I.L.B. is very low on our list for the draft IMO since we'll be having both of this years starers RETURNING for next year.
I think O.G./D-line, D.E. and a big N.T./ and safety if Roy is gone or not are a lot bigger needs IMO.

Oi! Our receivers and our linebackers are older than our o-lineman, and you can't see the need for either one in the next 3-5 years?

OG, DE or NT depending on what we want to do with Ratliff next year, and safety are needs...no doubt...but to say that QB, WR, and ILB aren't is ********. But whatever floats your boat i guess.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ILB to look at

Florida Atlantic LB Frantz Joseph, has 98 tackles, 2nd in the nation, 1st among Seniors, 60 of them solo, and 8.5 TFL

is 6'3" 235

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I am hoping that Colt stays for his senior year and then we draft both he and Shipley in 2010.

irishwaste

Reaction score
WR is definately a position we have to get younger at. Crayton is no baby at 29, TO is 36 if I'm not mistaken. That leaves us with RW as the only starter who has 5+ years of effectiveness in him that we have as an established player. Miles is a great #4 reciever, but I would be shocked to see him develop into something more than that. Sam Hurd and Stanback will, in all likelihood, never develop into anything special. Drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round next year or the year after that is definately something we have to look at.

For 09 I definately like us taking Darius Heyword-Bey in the 2nd. Huge playmaker, gifted athelete, ridiculous speed. If he was on a team with a polished qb, he would have ungodly numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-rEopKpSs

Guy is stupid fast

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
irishwaste;2382417 said:
WR is definately a position we have to get younger at. Crayton is no baby at 29, TO is 36 if I'm not mistaken. That leaves us with RW as the only starter who has 5+ years of effectiveness in him that we have as an established player. Miles is a great #4 reciever, but I would be shocked to see him develop into something more than that. Sam Hurd and Stanback will, in all likelihood, never develop into anything special. Drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round next year or the year after that is definately something we have to look at.

For 09 I definately like us taking Darius Heyword-Bey in the 2nd. Huge playmaker, gifted athelete, ridiculous speed. If he was on a team with a polished qb, he would have ungodly numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-rEopKpSs

Guy is stupid fast

he's projecting 1st round....I highly doubt we go WR 2nd round after trading for RW IMO.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2382497 said:
he's projecting 1st round....I highly doubt we go WR 2nd round after trading for RW IMO.

The OP is not projecting 1st round. He's actually stating that we will not only get a WR in this entire draft, but that we will not draft any in any of the next 3-5 drafts in entirety. It's ridiculous.

We don't even have a first rounder.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2381043 said:
So I ask you yet again...what makes you think that adding one of these 'vets' that are currently sitting around scratching their arses is going to solve the situation? Why in god's name would you wait until AFTER Romo goes down to find a replacement? You do realize that you can have a vet AND a young QB to groom, don't you?

CLEARLY you're missing the point, OUR TEAMS PHILOSOPHY isn't to grrom any young Q.B. going by us keeping only 2 Q.b.s in Romo and Johnson and only recently keeping 3 with Brooks Bollinger, so if it was up to ME, I'd grrom a young Q.B., but that's not what our teams plan is, GET IT????
And if Romo goes down permanently, we THEN draft a Q.B. to replace him.

I wasn't aware that you were privy to all of the Cowboy's team philosophies. :rolleyes: Words can't express how thankful I am that our FO has more common sense than you. Every GM in the NFL would laugh in your face if you expressed this idea to them.

LOL, LIKE I SAID, it's called COMMON SENSE and going by our history, I thought ANY MORON would know that was our teams philosophy based on us keeping only 2 Q.b.'s in Romo and Brad Johnson and only adding Bollinger as a 3rd Q.B. this year, ANOTHER VET, but APPARENTLY I guess you are cluelss to the FACTS!

Do I need to go into more detail? What about picking up a mid/late round QB and grooming him while Romo continues to play doesn't make sense to you?

MAKES A LOT OF SENSE TO ME, and if it was up to me I'd certainly do that, but going by our past history since Romo emerged, that's not been our philoophy, unless you know something I don't, I'm going by what our team has done in the past few years as far as a backup Q.B., and it's CLEAR AS DAY to anyone with half a brain that's not the route we are taking.

Worst case scenario, the guy suck and we get rid of him. If he can play, and Romo's career is still going strong, then we get a good return on the investment i.e. Matt Schaub. If he can really play and Romo gets hurt again, then we have a capable backup, and someone that can take the helm if Romo should happen to retire. It's been common practice in the NFL for years.

Common place in the NFL, and listen guy, I AGREE WITH YOU, I think we SHOUDL DO THAT, but as you said, it's common practice int he NFL, but NOT COMMON PRACTICE for the COWBOYS, I.E. that's why I don't see us drafting a Q.B. since the past few years tells me that we are just happy with Romo as the starter and using a vet to back him up!

Once again, I must reiterate how stupid this practice would be. It sure as hell is a need if you can't find a capable backup in FA. How have we been doing there lately?

NO ROOKIE is gonna be capable backup Q.B., and like I said for the 100th time, I WOULD DRAFT A YOUNG Q.B. TO GROOM, but that's NOT what our philosophy has been the pst few years and I don't see that changing.

...and let's not get away form your original assessment that we will not be drafting ANY QB, RB, TE, or WR's for the next 3-5 years...which in itself is an immeasurably absurd comment. Our needs have changed in the past 3-5 weeks, and you're arrogant enough to think they won't in the next 3-5 years. :rolleyes:

It wasn't meant literrally, it was more of a comment on we are deep enough at those positions and with most all of the players at those positions under contract for at least next 3 years, I don't see why we would be drafting one, OF COURSE there could be injuries, and of course we could hypothetically draft one in the later rounds as a flier, but the point was that we are so deep and most all are under contract for the next few years that we really don't have to draft one barring injury.

Once again, you haven't the slightest idea what this team is thinking. We currently employ 4 QB's. You think they aren't kicking themselves in the *** for not keeping Moore? for not keeping 3 capable QB's this year? I'd bet they are. It's a gamble, and they lost on it this time. I'd bet they're damn well thinking about finding a young guy with some talent.

I know what they were thinking tyhe past few years, and based off of that, I assume we'll be keeping Romo and a good vet to back him up based on the past few years, ycould our philosophy change, sure, and maybe it will, but I don't see it happening, we lost moore BECAUSE we didn't put him on our roster THUS that was our philosophy to keep Romo and ONE VET to back him up, couldit change, sure, but I'm going off the past to assume the future at this point in time till I see different.

If you think a #1 receiver with 30 catches, 431 yards, and 5 TD's is a good thing, then you're the one that doesn't know football. He's played poorly the last few games. He's still a good player, but he's not what he used to be.

UM, I'm sorry, did you not get the news that Tony Romo got hurt and Brad Johnson sucks balls??????????

Ummm....guess what? He's currently playing in his 3rd year here.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???

We have ONE WR 'set in stone', and that's #11. Crayton is highly movable with only 6 million guaranteed. Owens' contract is up this offseason. Who know what happens there.

LOL, you want to argue with me and don't even know Owens signed a 3 year extension?
I'm done with you, I can't argue with someone who doesn't even know the most basic things about the cowboys as Owens re-signing!

You're getting a little jumpy on Austin. He's looked pretty good for sure, but he hasn't proven anything yet.

When he played, he's proven he can get it done, bottom line, he's our #4 W.R. and as far as #4 W.R.'s go, he's pretty damn good!

I just don't get too excited about slow, average, 2 down linebackers. His contract is up in 2 years, so I don't see how this fits in your 3-5 year scenario either.

I never mentiond I.L.B. set in sonte for next 3years GET IT RIGHT, but what can I expect form someone who thinks Owens contract is up after this year! LOL

I love Thomas, I wish we had signed him four years ago...but the man will be 36 years old next year. He's already slowing. He spends half his day on the training table getting stretched by and assistant so he doesn't get hurt due to age as it is now. He's not getting younger, and he certainly won't be here for your aforementioned 3-5 year period that we are 'set in stone' at linebacker. One more year, tops.

I AGREE, he's good for one more year, but once again, I didn't mention L.B. as 3-5 years, but what do I expect from a cowboys fan who doesn't even know we re-signed Owens to a contract extension, have you been living in a CAVE??

Oi! Our receivers and our linebackers are older than our o-lineman, and you can't see the need for either one in the next 3-5 years?

NEVER SAID THAT ABOUT L.B.'s DUMMY, GET IT RIGHT!
As far as W.R.'s, our TOP 3 W.R.'s are under contract for at least 3 years!
BUT of course you don't knwo that since you probably don't know we signed Crayton to a contract extension either since you didn't even know we re-signed Owens, which any half twit cowboys fan who doesn't even pay attention would know that!

OG, DE or NT depending on what we want to do with Ratliff next year, and safety are needs...no doubt...but to say that QB, WR, and ILB aren't is ********. But whatever floats your boat i guess

********?
******** is not knowing we re-signed Owens, so I'll ask you again, if we have Owens, Crayton and Roy Williams under contract, our TOP 3 W.R.'s for at least the next 3 years, HOW ON EARTH do you figure that's a NEED????????

I'm done arguing with you, whatever floats your boat, but for me to further waste my time arguing with someone about the cowboys who doesn't even know we re-signed Owens is just ********! LOL

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

First off, you should really stop while you're behind.

CLEARLY you're missing the point, OUR TEAMS PHILOSOPHY isn't to grrom any young Q.B. going by us keeping only 2 Q.b.s in Romo and Johnson and only recently keeping 3 with Brooks Bollinger, so if it was up to ME, I'd grrom a young Q.B., but that's not what our teams plan is, GET IT????
And if Romo goes down permanently, we THEN draft a Q.B. to replace him.

That you think you know the inner thoughts of our FO shows me enough to know that no matter what I say, you're too dense to comprehend it, so I'll make this as short as possible while I dumb it down for you.

1. You don't know **** about our teams philosophy. It changes year to year, and position to position. All of your blathering isn't going to change that.

2. In light of current events, it'd be prudent for our past habit of carrying two QB's to come to an end. It's time to look at some youth.

Oh, and for what its' worth, we've had three and four QB's on this team at the same time in recent history. Hell, we have four QB's on this team right now.

LOL, LIKE I SAID, it's called COMMON SENSE and going by our history, I thought ANY MORON would know that was our teams philosophy based on us keeping only 2 Q.b.'s in Romo and Brad Johnson and only adding Bollinger as a 3rd Q.B. this year, ANOTHER VET, but APPARENTLY I guess you are cluelss to the FACTS!

Easy with the moron talk bro, your post history puts you slightly above the preschool level, and you're calling me a moron? Please. :rolleyes:

Here's a phrase you'll likely see after another few years of high school:

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Try and apply this to our QB situation right now. If you can.

MAKES A LOT OF SENSE TO ME, and if it was up to me I'd certainly do that, but going by our past history since Romo emerged, that's not been our philoophy, unless you know something I don't, I'm going by what our team has done in the past few years as far as a backup Q.B., and it's CLEAR AS DAY to anyone with half a brain that's not the route we are taking.

Well, my 'half a brain' is at least capable of comprehending the fact that things change. So yeah, I do know something that you don't.

Common place in the NFL, and listen guy, I AGREE WITH YOU, I think we SHOUDL DO THAT, but as you said, it's common practice int he NFL, but NOT COMMON PRACTICE for the COWBOYS, I.E. that's why I don't see us drafting a Q.B. since the past few years tells me that we are just happy with Romo as the starter and using a vet to back him up!

See above.

NO ROOKIE is gonna be capable backup Q.B., and like I said for the 100th time, I WOULD DRAFT A YOUNG Q.B. TO GROOM, but that's NOT what our philosophy has been the pst few years and I don't see that changing.

...and again.

I know what they were thinking tyhe past few years, and based off of that, I assume we'll be keeping Romo and a good vet to back him up based on the past few years, ycould our philosophy change, sure, and maybe it will, but I don't see it happening, we lost moore BECAUSE we didn't put him on our roster THUS that was our philosophy to keep Romo and ONE VET to back him up, couldit change, sure, but I'm going off the past to assume the future at this point in time till I see different.

See, now you're getting it! Your backpedaling form you initial statement is getting pretty loud.

Maybe that's why it seems pretty arrogant for you to claim that there is no way we draft a QB, WR, TE, or RB in the next 3-5 years...and then claim to know all of our teams' philosophies. Arrogant and dumb.

UM, I'm sorry, did you not get the news that Tony Romo got hurt and Brad Johnson sucks balls??????????

Umm, yeah. That may be a large factoer why I disagree with you saying no QB's for the next 3-5 years. :confused: duh.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???

You should stick to questions.

LOL, you want to argue with me and don't even know Owens signed a 3 year extension?
I'm done with you, I can't argue with someone who doesn't even know the most basic things about the cowboys as Owens re-signing!

Oh noes! I forgot TO's contract extension. YOU WINZ! :rolleyes:

Lmao...if you seriously think that Owens being signed through 2011 means that he'll be here that long, especially in a starting role, then you clearly are the one that knows nothing of the NFL or the Cowboys.

on that note, I hope you are done here, because I have better things to do then teach football special ed. over the internet.

I never mentiond I.L.B. set in sonte for next 3years GET IT RIGHT, but what can I expect form someone who thinks Owens contract is up after this year! LOL

Really? Did you not say we don't need an ILB for the next 3-5 years? Yes.

..and then there's this:

ThatsmyQB;2380798 said:

Seems like an appropriate assumption to me. :rolleyes:

I AGREE, he's good for one more year, but once again, I didn't mention L.B. as 3-5 years, but what do I expect from a cowboys fan who doesn't even know we re-signed Owens to a contract extension, have you been living in a CAVE??

Right, you said this:

Which is also dumb, even if they are returning. I've already explained why.

...but you keep clinging to that TO thing. That's all you've got.

NEVER SAID THAT ABOUT L.B.'s DUMMY, GET IT RIGHT!
As far as W.R.'s, our TOP 3 W.R.'s are under contract for at least 3 years!
BUT of course you don't knwo that since you probably don't know we signed Crayton to a contract extension either since you didn't even know we re-signed Owens, which any half twit cowboys fan who doesn't even pay attention would know that!

Dummy? Half twit? Wow. I'm hurt. Lmao....

You're right, I'm the dummy because I buy into the idea of drafting positions BEFORE players retire, their contracts run out, or are cut. Yeah, I'm the half twit. :rolleyes:

You are such a tool.

There's that Owen's thing again. That life raft is deflating.

********?
******** is not knowing we re-signed Owens, so I'll ask you again, if we have Owens, Crayton and Roy Williams under contract, our TOP 3 W.R.'s for at least the next 3 years, HOW ON EARTH do you figure that's a NEED????????

I'll just assume that you really are ******** while I answer this...

You've heard of this thing called money, right? Have yo heard of this thing called a salary cap? Good. Well when a team collects a bunch of players in one position that demand a high salary, sometimes some of those players have to go somewhere else.

Am I going slow enough for you?

At some point in the near future, it is going to be extremely hard to keep TO, #11, Crayton, and a number of young guys with several years under their belts. It just wont' work.

Understand yet? See where I'm going with this?

I'm done arguing with you, whatever floats your boat, but for me to further waste my time arguing with someone about the cowboys who doesn't even know we re-signed Owens is just ********! LOL

My god, you really are clinging to that aren't you? After re-reading your post, it's actaully quite funny. That may be the most winded post without any original thought I've read to date.

Here's the shorter version:

LOLOLOL. You're dumb! You forgot that we extended Owens' contract! I win! LOLOLOLO!!!!!!!!

I wasn't talking about LB's for 3-5 years, I was just saying that we don't need them now. Even though we'll definitely need them after next year when our starter are gone. Then we can draft super-duper LB's and get immediate starters out of the draft....either that, or we can get URlacher, and Singletary OLOLOLOLOOOL)O!!!!

HAHAHAHAH!!!!you're dumb!!you forgets TO's contract forever! Can't believes it! You're not a really fan! I'm done talking to yous.

..but you're right, it's my fault for forgetting that piece of information, regardless of its' eventual unimportance. It's also my fault that I've entered into a discussion with someone who claims to know the inner thoughts of our FO, yet can't comprehend the basic theories of free agency, the salary cap, the draft, or any other football related business. \

Durrrrrdududuududuuuuuurrrrr.......********!!!!!!lolololololololo l

Look, now I'm on your level. :rolleyes: