Who starts at QB tomorrow?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I think rush will start. Just because he is 2nd at the depth chart. I expect them to flip to lance in the 2nd quarter.

2nd game will be much more interessting to me though.

CWR

Reaction score
I agree, let Rush get a series or two and that's it, we know what Rush can do. Lance needs this opportunity, he needs to play the majority of these preseason snaps
I prefer Lance start and just play the whole game
I think so too, but that's assuming Lance is competent. If he struggles too badly he'll be wasting reps for the rest of the offense. They should establish some type of rhythm in the preseason. That may be too idealistic though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree, let Rush get a series or two and that's it, we know what Rush can do. Lance needs this opportunity, he needs to play the majority of these preseason snaps
I prefer Lance start and just play the whole game
Exactly. I prefer Lance start and play the whole preseason but I know they are going to play Rush to so realistically I know they aren’t going to have Rush out there in the 3rd or 4th with backups….so he would be out there early but just enough.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
FRqetVL.gif

RonWashington

Reaction score
I want to see who the Cowboys got for a 4th round pick . Play him to start leave him in the entire first half . Only answers you get is when he’s under center .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
With the jones boys, you never know.
Lance is who most fans want to see, and jones boys need to see how he does, give him this whole game !
Then bad or good you have a better idea of if he can play good or not.

They can give Rush some time in last game, thats all he should need.

If they had been smart enough to add another qb, they could play him too, give him a look see, but jones boys weren't smart enough to do that.
They should have kept Hohensee for a look, and brought back dinucci for a look.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I want to see who the Cowboys got for a 4th round pick . Play him to start leave him in the entire first half . Only answers you get is when he’s under center .
As little as he has played he needs to play whole games. give rush some time in the last game.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Wie will know their plan for Lance by the first play on offence. If they do think he is the future he has to start against other teams' first team D, however long they start games for.

Flamma

Reaction score
Besides the rookies, is our starting OL going to be in there? Kind of hard to judge a QB playing behind backups on the OL. Especially if the D are playing their starters.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Besides the rookies, is our starting OL going to be in there? Kind of hard to judge a QB playing behind backups on the OL. Especially if the D are playing their starters.

I seriously doubt Zack Martin or Tyler Smith suit up . Guys like Guyton Beebe Bass Hoffman should all play .

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lance needs to start and okay most of the game. We know what Rush is, we have no clue what Lance can do.
Just because we know what Rush is, does not mean he does not need reps to be sharp.

From what I have been reading Trance still gets the least amount of reps at camp. This is not a good sign for him.

He will most likely get the most reps in preseason, but if he did not in camp, it tells you all you need to know.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Prescott needs all the reps he can get....he still doesn't understand the offense.

:popcorn:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I wish that you have to pay for it, uhhh what did he say
As the Cowboys open the preseason against the Rams, the Trey Lance experiment begins

Lance has simply not played a lot of football. Ever. He started just one year of quarterback in high school, played just 19 games in college at North Dakota State and had four starts in San Francisco, including two as a rookie and two in 2022 before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

Dating back to his time in college, Lance has thrown a total of 420 passes since 2018.

Conventional wisdom says Lance has no chance of unseating Cooper Rush as the backup behind starter Dak Prescott in 2024. Rush is a proven commodity. He is 5-1 as a starter in place of an injured Prescott in his career.

There is literally noting Lance can do in the preseason against backups with limited game plans and schemes to combat that.