Who starts at QB tomorrow?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As the Cowboys open the preseason against the Rams, the Trey Lance experiment begins

Lance has simply not played a lot of football. Ever. He started just one year of quarterback in high school, played just 19 games in college at North Dakota State and had four starts in San Francisco, including two as a rookie and two in 2022 before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

Dating back to his time in college, Lance has thrown a total of 420 passes since 2018.

Conventional wisdom says Lance has no chance of unseating Cooper Rush as the backup behind starter Dak Prescott in 2024. Rush is a proven commodity. He is 5-1 as a starter in place of an injured Prescott in his career.

There is literally noting Lance can do in the preseason against backups with limited game plans and schemes to combat that.
might as well cut him now, or have cooper fake an injury so lance can automatically go to #2 lol jk

Chasing6

Reaction score
might as well cut him now, or have cooper fake an injury so lance can automatically go to #2 lol jk
GM Jethro made the decision to trade for him by himself and he will make the decision to make him QB2 by himself.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Lance or Rush?

I think they gotta take a long look at Lance and he should play the entire 1st half.
Yeah, I think it’s pretty obvious that Lance will get the majority of snaps this PS.. We know what Rush can do under fire.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
McCarthy said prior to camp that Lance will get the majority of the preseason snaps. I would imagine he would start so they can get a chance to see him against a few starting players. To get the best read on him he needs to be facing a few quality players.