Who still wants Chucky?

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Over the years (the JG years) I have heard so many people wanting Gruden to replace Garrett. I am not fond of Garrett and would love to see a new coach running the Cowboys (hear me football Gods). I have never liked Gruden as a coach, he took a team that Dungy built and won a Super Bowl but then the Bucs started sucking and Gruden had no clue how to fix it. Some thought he would be the savior of the Cowboys...All I have to say isssss....see the Raiders!

TheHerd

Reaction score
Never wanted him, but he's in a very different situation.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
compared to 9 years of mediocrity? can we just stop defending the mediocrity and face the fact it exists.

yea Gruden is setting his team up for a longer haul. yes he made some tough decisions and said goodbye to some talent and hello to some new talent. He fleeced us twice. kudos to him.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Over the years (the JG years) I have heard so many people wanting Gruden to replace Garrett. I am not fond of Garrett and would love to see a new coach running the Cowboys (hear me football Gods). I have never liked Gruden as a coach, he took a team that Dungy built and won a Super Bowl but then the Bucs started sucking and Gruden had no clue how to fix it. Some thought he would be the savior of the Cowboys...All I have to say isssss....see the Raiders!
If you dismiss his efforts with the Bucs saying they were Dungy's team....then you have to give him credit for the Raiders making it to the Super Bowl with Callahan as coach. That was Gruden's team.

Gruden is 10x the coach JG ever will be. He will never be here, but lets look at his record after 9 years vs 9 games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Ask in 2 or 3 seasons. Raiders in my view are looking to unload players Mack trade that brings them "Bears will be sending two first round picks to the Raiders (2019, 2020), plus a 2019 sixth-round pick and a 2020 third-round pick." and of course the Cowboys 1st on Cooper. That is 3 1st rd picks next year for Oakland and 2 1st rd picks they will have in 2020. This season looks to me what Dallas did in the early 90's they shed players got a boat load of picks and built a team.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Ask in 2 or 3 seasons. Raiders in my view are looking to unload players Mack trade that brings them "Bears will be sending two first round picks to the Raiders (2019, 2020), plus a 2019 sixth-round pick and a 2020 third-round pick." and of course the Cowboys 1st on Cooper. That is 3 1st rd picks next year for Oakland and 2 1st rd picks they will have in 2020. This season looks to me what Dallas did in the early 90's they shed players got a boat load of picks and built a team.
Correct. Nick Bosa up first to replace Mack.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Gruden is playing the long game.

Exactly....read a tweet this morning that if he trades down and pick up another first rounder, that would him SIX in the next couple drafts. That's not counting extra 2nd or 3rd.........

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Can you people just stop?

He's on a 10 year deal, he's blowing the team up, he has multiple first round picks and a ton of cap space to fix his team. How about we just wait?

This board is more frustrating than usual. Every other coach/player sucks after a win, every other coach/player is great after we lose. Gruden has a Super Bowl ring, Garrett claps.

Also, he just got to laugh at us for giving up a first rounder for his bust WR.

lopey

Reaction score
He might win a super bowl before this organization. We still have Jerry remember!!

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Gruden built the Raiders, got them to a championship game where he lost on a controversial call. He then took the Bucs to the super bowl where faced the team he built....and beat them.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Exactly....read a tweet this morning that if he trades down and pick up another first rounder, that would him SIX in the next couple drafts. That's not counting extra 2nd or 3rd.........

If he it's on all of them, they will be a solid team down the line. But it's been obvious from the beginning that Gruden was not concerned about this year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
how I see it Raiders are loading up for their move to Las Vegas. I would not be shocked to see Carr traded before the draft.