Who still wants Chucky?

John813

Reaction score
He's doing a scorched earth rebuild.

No worries about job security either as Davis doesn't have the money to fire him.

Could fail terribly or turn out ok in a few years.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Gruden built the Raiders, got them to a championship game where he lost on a controversial call. He then took the Bucs to the super bowl where faced the team he built....and beat them.

What was the controversial call in that AFC championship game(2000 season)? The Ravens beat the Raiders 16-3. The Raiders offense was ineffective that day. If you are referring to the game against the Pats(2001 season) with the enforcement of the tuck rule, that game was in the divisional round. The Pats went on to face the Steelers in Pittsburgh for the AFC championship game that season.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What was the controversial call in that AFC championship game(2000 season)? The Ravens beat the Raiders 16-3. The Raiders offense was ineffective that day. If you are referring to the game against the Pats(2001 season) with the enforcement of the tuck rule, that game was in the divisional round. The Pats went on to face the Steelers in Pittsburgh for the AFC championship game that season.

So, it was the divisional round. Either way, his team lost in the playoffs that year on a controversial call, he was traded away and took a team to the super bowl where the team he built got there in which he beat.

Gruden may not have it now, may have lost it long ago - however, there is no denying there is a reason he's so highly regarded in the NFL.

I, personally, don't like how Gruden does his drafts. But I think he might be able to do something in FA.

kskboys

Reaction score
Over the years (the JG years) I have heard so many people wanting Gruden to replace Garrett. I am not fond of Garrett and would love to see a new coach running the Cowboys (hear me football Gods). I have never liked Gruden as a coach, he took a team that Dungy built and won a Super Bowl but then the Bucs started sucking and Gruden had no clue how to fix it. Some thought he would be the savior of the Cowboys...All I have to say isssss....see the Raiders!
I never wanted Gruden. He did tear down that TB team.

However, we won't know for 3-4 more years if what he's doing is the right thing. Let's see who he drafts, and then talk.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Gruden is playing the long game.

Exactly. He inherited a bad roster, but now he has purged it and has about 10 first round picks to play with. He's an evil genius and I expect the Raiders to be a force in about 3 years.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Gruden, wont get to the end of that 10y contract, Mark Davis will eventually buy him out of the deal, the Raiders have gone from competing to #1 overall pick in 2 seasons, this a Coach that got rid of one of the best Edge Rushers in the NFL, and then bemoaned he could not find any decent edge rushers. This is a coach who his favourite QB in recent drafts were Tebow, Connor Cook and Hackenberg.