Who wanted the Cowboys to sign Freeney?

links18

Reaction score
i thought we were resigning Ware for the stretch playoff run? Are we still on track for that? :huh:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This happens with most big name players people here rue.

But when that player doesn't pan out people ignore that they ever held those views. When one gets away who has success people claim supernatural talent acquisition skills and slam the front office.

Just like one year they praise a draft class (2016) and the next they start cherry picking missed players.
3 sacks in 4 games isn't a bust...... they needed secondary and RB help....cool story tho

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
No different than those who defend every crap FA signing the front office makes and then act like they expected them to suck and it's OK because all the young guys are going to be better anyway and the older guys won't "stop progress". Or called signing a guy like Calais Campbell a waste if we did it and then disappear when Campbell goes on and starts dominating the league. Or when they say we are fine at the 1 Tech and don't need to look at trading for aa guy like Dareus because he's overrated and then disappear when the Jags go from the worst run D in the league to one of the three best after his addition.

It works both ways.
:clap:
That's a mighty fine post

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Can he play LB or S? I think people wanted to sign him because pass rush was assumed to be the weakest link on the defense before this season started. With the emergence of Lawrence and Irving, pass rush is now probably the strongest part of the defense.

kevm3

Reaction score
Bring him in for depth's sake. We didn't need Bowman because we had Sean Lee right? Sign him for a year deal. What do we have to lose? If he doesn't pan out then he's off the books.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I have no interest in any older players unless they play LB or OT.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not me.

They would have had to invest in one of those medical-emergency buttons that he could press when he fell down.

tm1119

Reaction score
I’m confused my this thread. Freeny would be a close 4th on the roster in sacks just behind $10M Ty Crawford with 4 sacks....oh and Freeney has played in just 3 games. He would have been a smart cheap signing. But we don’t do that

tm1119

Reaction score
I’m confused my this thread. Freeny would be a close 4th on the roster in sacks just behind $10M Ty Crawford with 4 sacks....oh and Freeney has played in just 4 games. He would have been a smart cheap signing. But we don’t do that

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Although he signed with the Lions, we didn't need him anyhow. Our pass rush is on the right track and getting better. We're good now.

tm1119

Reaction score
Although he signed with the Lions, we didn't need him anyhow. Our pass rush is on the right track and getting better. We're good now.

Benny Mayowa and Taco Charlton have been good enough for you?

Also, have you watched those 2 play and do you have eyeballs? Our starters have been solid, our depth on the d line is still bad

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Benny Mayowa and Taco Charlton have been good enough for you?

Also, have you watched those 2 play and do you have eyeballs? Our starters have been solid, our depth on the d line is still bad

Freeney is but a shell of what he's been in the past. Our DL is young and developing into a force. Kindly can the rude dude BS, OK? We have others besides Mayowa and Charlton who are contributing in spades. How convenient that you would choose to accentuate the tamest pass rushers we have at present to mention as our representative d-linemen! :rolleyes:

Last edited: