Who wants Lavar Arrington to become a Cowboy?

gbrittain

Reaction score
I would not mind seeing him as a Cowboy so I voted yes, but for the money he will probably want I would probably say no.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
superpunk said:
No. Thanks, but no thanks.
I agree. Arrington is a good player but would be too pricey.

Giants | Arrington remains too pricey
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 05:11:14 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants have not held any talks with free agent LB LaVar Arrington's agents, Carl and Kevin Poston, for several days, according to several sources. Arrington visited the Giants March 11-12, but has made no plans to come back. For the moment, his asking price remains too high.

DBoys

Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1 said:
I agree. Arrington is a good player but would be too pricey.

Giants | Arrington remains too pricey
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 05:11:14 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants have not held any talks with free agent LB LaVar Arrington's agents, Carl and Kevin Poston, for several days, according to several sources. Arrington visited the Giants March 11-12, but has made no plans to come back. For the moment, his asking price remains too high.

No way Dallas pays that kind of money. We have Als coming back he will be a solid vet and we should draft our OLB.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
DBoys said:
No way Dallas pays that kind of money. We have Als coming back he will be a solid vet and we should draft our OLB.

I know a whole lot of people underestimate Stephen Jones the negotiator.. He do have strategies to signing big-time free-agents like T.O and Lavar Arrington.. Honestly I don't think that the Cowboys going to end up with Arrington but it doesn't hurt to take a look.. I will feel comfortable once Arrington is being entertained by the Cowboys organization for he could see how close the Dallas Cowboys are to getting a superbowl ring...

I feel that will also convince Arrington to bring his price down for the Cowboys a bit...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yes indeed....I would be thrilled....he's a better player than Demarcus Ware...the two of them together would be awesome.

DBoys

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I know a whole lot of people underestimate Stephen Jones the negotiator.. He do have strategies to signing big-time free-agents like T.O and Lavar Arrington.. Honestly I don't think that the Cowboys going to end up with Arrington but it doesn't hurt to take a look.. I will feel comfortable once Arrington is being entertained by the Cowboys organization for he could see how close the Dallas Cowboys are to getting a superbowl ring...

I feel that will also convince Arrington to bring his price down for the Cowboys a bit...

Cowboys are awesome negotiators no doubt. Never hurts to take a look you have to think the prospect of how competitive this team will be helps our cause. I dislike this guy more than I ever did TO. Thus far we have signed older guys but to shorter contracts. Looks like LaVar wants a long term deal and big bucks. If we did something like that he would never finish his contract out and would end up hurting us like Aikman's did.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I think this poll should begin with "If the price is right....."

If he is going for a Julian Peterson near $20 million signing bonus then I'd rather go with James, Ayodele, Ware and a draft pick.

If he's willing to sign for a cheaper long-term or expensive one-year contract, then I'd sign him in a heartbeat. But he won't.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I have been a LA fan since Penn St. but I think Dallas can draft a young LB and do quite well..

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
I think this poll should begin with "If the price is right....."

If he is going for a Julian Peterson near $20 million signing bonus then I'd rather go with James, Ayodele, Ware and a draft pick.

If he's willing to sign for a cheaper long-term or expensive one-year contract, then I'd sign him in a heartbeat. But he won't.

Agreed, but considering it is Lavar and his agents the Postons...I don't see him coming cheap.

So I voted no.

TD22

Reaction score
have you guys forgotten that arrington is responsible for ending aikman's career with a hit that caused him to have another concussion?!?!

i might be wrong....

one more thing..........

HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
TD22 said:
have you guys forgotten that arrington is responsible for ending aikman's career with a hit that caused him to have another concussin?!?!

i might be wrong....

Yeah I hate to say it but you do have point.. im seriously doubting that he is even brung in now that you bring that point up...

I know it's going to be a whole lot of Die Heart Cowboy fans really doubting Cowboys being their team but when or if Lavar Arrington does sign and eventually get a superbowl as a Cowboy, people will forget what him and T.O ever did to the Cowboys...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
too many of you are obsessed with "big name-itis"...this guy hasnt even been AVERAGE in several years, let alone good..and he is always on the injury report

David