Who was the Best Cowboy of the '10s?

Best Dallas Cowboy of the '10s

• Total voters

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
1. Zack Martin
2. Tyron Smith

How someone could vote for Romo idk. Guy was good at his positionbut to compare him to AllPro players is just unfair to him.
1. He was an all-pro, too

2. He played in an era with 4 of the top 10 QBs of all-time (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers). How many All-pros would Martin and Tyron get if Johnathan Ogden and Larry Allen played in their era?

plasticman

Reaction score
The first thing I have to do is remain true to the question. We are talking about the 2010's. That is a ten year period.

Any player that was a Cowboy for only a few of those seasons I would consider ineligible unless their participation was so prolific that it exceeds another players contribution over more seasons.

In my opinion, the candidates would have to include guys like Tyron Smith, Jason Witten and Zack Martin.

Tony Romo was the starter for six seasons but two of those were very short due to injury. Lee was often hurt as well. Ware only played three seasons as a Cowboy in the 2010's.

I have to give it to the guy that had 7 consecutive Pro Bowl selections as well as two 1st team All Pro selections during that time span.

That would be Tyron Smith.

starfan1

Reaction score
As much as he drove me nuts it has to be Romo

not because I think he kept us relevant because he had help with that unlike many who refuse to acknowledge I get that’s it a team game

but because he worked hard on his craft and got better every year and despite having a horrible coach persevered and put up good numbers in a passing league and Dallas has chances

they just didn’t get it done

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It's a tie with Witty & Lee! Thirteen Pro Bowls between them. Untouchable!

bewp7

Reaction score
tyron was pro bowl / all pro for almost the hole decade

zack martin all pro since day 1 but only 6 years

those 2 are the best just my opinion! romo would be too but he only had 4-5 years!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
As much as he drove me nuts it has to be Romo

not because I think he kept us relevant because he had help with that unlike many who refuse to acknowledge I get that’s it a team game

but because he worked hard on his craft and got better every year and despite having a horrible coach persevered and put up good numbers in a passing league and Dallas has chances

they just didn’t get it done
Yup.

As much as folks want to say Tyron and Zack are shoe-ins for the HOF, Romo would be too if the team had more post-season success. He was that good. Its sad that QBs are judged differently...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
1. He was an all-pro, too

2. He played in an era with 4 of the top 10 QBs of all-time (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers). How many All-pros would Martin and Tyron get if Johnathan Ogden and Larry Allen played in their era?

You dont want to compare a player who had essentially one or twos great season to players who perform on all pro levels year in and out, do you ?

dckid

Reaction score
Yup.

As much as folks want to say Tyron and Zack are shoe-ins for the HOF, Romo would be too if the team had more post-season success. He was that good. Its sad that QBs are judged differently...
Romo is not a HOF'r. As a player he got way more hype than deserved. This argument has been played out numerous times.
Romo a good player when you need your QB to be great

blueblood70

Reaction score
all the above really but yes Ware was left off?i picked OTHER because narrowing it to one is tough but if I had a gun to my head id say Romo

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You dont want to compare a player who had essentially one or twos great season to players who perform on all pro levels year in and out, do you ?
1. He had more than one or two great seasons

2. You obviously didnt read/understand my post. He wouldve been all pro year in and out if he didnt play in an era with the greatest of all time. Btw, Tyron hasnt been an all-pro since 2016. Romo has the same amount of all-pros as Roger..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted other....Rowdy....he has brought so much to this team it is unbelievable....
Wait, sorry, I thought it was 5 o'clock happy hour time.
:lmao:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Romo kept you relevant, Ware kept you there in the playoffs with his Saints game performance, and Dak Prescott gave you hope to move out of relevancy to championships with his leadership.

That is my brief history of the 10's.