Who was the hardest Cowboy for you to move on from?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Romo hate? Romo is one of my favourite cowboys. So let me get this straight. I say Romo would have gotten hurt I hate him? Right......You can go search my old posts about Romo and it was nothing short of praise for him, so stop making up stuff because I was being honest about his durability.

You may be honest about what you think about his durability, but you showed a complete lack of understanding of the human body, injuries, and Romo's history while doing so.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Jimmy, because we could have won 3 more.
Parcells, because we might have won 1, and you knew that the puppets were on the horizon post stadium.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
number 9... all those years, so talented, capable, and respectable, and no titles thanks to skeletor's unwillingness to have a non-puppet regime

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Witten to me will be happiness or gut wrenching. If he gets his ring, by all means ride off into the sunset cowboy. If he doesn’t, that is at a near Romo level of sadness for me. Not quite as strong but close

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
OMG you need to stop. Romo wouldn't have lasted thru a full game coming back. He could barely make it thru a quarter of pre-season. You want the guy in a wheelchair? Romo wouldn't have led us anywhere because Dak would have been QB again very quickly when Romo went down, and the backlash of taking out a guy who was 11-1 when Romo came back would have ruined all team chemistry.

You are aware the doctors said there was no reason to believe he would suffer the same kind of injury again, right? I mean I know that doesn't follow your false narrative and fake news, but that's how it was. The carrot screwed up. The carrot is an idiot and should be fired and blackballed from ever coaching anywhere again.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Romo is definitely tough because i thought we were really close to putting the team around him to give him a chance.

I'll go a little old school on you though. Tony Dorsett. He was the man for so many years & probably because of my youth wasn't prepared not to see him on the field.

Could not agree more. Watching him stand on the sideline in uniform but not play his final season in Dallas was brutal. Then he wrote his book and the cover is of him in a Denever Broncos uniform..ugh. Loved me some Tony D.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
His season ending pick sixes on first down were "chronic" he was pretty much a failure in every important game of his career
Can you even name “one” season-ending pick six, Junior? Heck I’m fairly sure that Dak throwing the ball right to Coleman in Week 16 was the closest thing to a season ending pick six you’ve ever seen. Run along and play now.

slick325

Reaction score
Romo and it isn't even close for me. Strange since I've seen Dorsett, Randy White, Too Tall, the original 88, Landry, Everson Walls, Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, Woody, LA, Haley, the entire 90's dynasty teams.

I guess it just feels like the story should have ended differently. Similar to how I felt when Irv retired or (pardon my hyperbole) when I hear my family talk of the Camelot years of Kennedy or the career of Gayle Sayers.

Just wish #9 was able to win a ring and change the narrative about him as a player. Great topic...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Oh ok. Thanks, I never knew that. :thumbup:
Don't feel bad.

Even when it was happening, people still blamed Parcells for getting rid of him and he had nothing to do with it.

And then they listened to Emmitt Smith's whining that he would be there if Parcells "wanted him".

The reality is that he wanted to be paid and Dallas could not pay him and move forward.