Who was the problem?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yes, I don't think Dak has any illusions that he's a high-volume passing attack quarterback, like Mahomes, Rodgers, Payton Manning, and many others. He's not dumb enough (surely) to keep trying for personal glory, as in passing records and such.

But ya never know!

I don’t think it’s about personal glory for Dak… I think it’s more about proving the doubters and haters wrong.

He has had to listen to people question his abilities since he’s been in the league— questioning his proficiencies at the position

Now that he makes the big bucks, he has people questioning whether he can win big games, and lead the team when it matters most.

I think some of his self-admitted greediness is not about personal glory, but about making the big plays to prove he is an elite QB like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes etc…

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
If the offense can get back to pre Denver-game 2021, this team can go far. The D is vastly improved.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think some of his self-admitted greediness is not about personal glory, but about making the big plays to prove he is an elite QB like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes etc…

I can agree with that. But that was also, imho, Romo's problem as well. When there was a play where a big play, or game winning play, was there but there was also a "run away and live to fight another day" play there, and Romo far too often went for the first choice, but that doesn't always work out. Certainly there are advantages to being agressive and trying for the big play, especially if the quarterback has confidence in his abilities to make the big play. Doesn't mean that confidence is sometimes too self-centered and he's really not that good.

Winning games can certainly hinge on other things, for instance my alma mater football team was on defense with a 4th and goal with only a few seconds left, they blocked the pass and would have won, but they were offsides and the other team made the td on the next play. Dak, like Romo, needs to have a bit more faith in their team than themselves sometimes....