Who went ballistic on Hill's touchdown as the half expired?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Oh it caught us by surprise and we all *****ed and screamed all through half time

For a few seconds there I misunderstood what the censored word was and was a little confused lol.:laugh:

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
F bombs were flying!

I couldn't believe that they could have allowed that to happen.

I expected a clooapse after that, and to start the third quarter, that's what it was looking like.

But credit the resiliency of this team for keeping it together and continuing to fight and play good football right to the end.

Even sweeter was when guys who have been disappointments to this point like Taco and Heath ended up being late game heroes. The epitome of continuing to fight.
Stash flying off the handle? How out of character

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
That's like a once a decade type play. I was kinda peeved, but if that was a game winner I'd need a new 50"
Yup, almost in league with that miracle touchdown in that Bills playoff game years ago (was it against the Titans?)

EDIT: the "Music City Miracle" play is what it was called

EDIT 2: Obscure fact - Bruce DeHaven, the ST coordinator for the Bills at the time (and was fired after that season), later was our ST coach from 2003-2006. Unfortunately he passed away last year from prostate cancer :(

Last edited:

Sage3030

Reaction score
I wasn’t mad... I was disappointed.

7 guys between the 10 and the goalline and he scored? Extremely disappointing.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty funny, I actually, laughed out loud. I thought maybe we were getting punked and the whistle blew before the play and no one heard, there was a timeout, or there was a flag down.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I was worried, but having the lead and seeing how we drove on them, my only worry was of 2nd half record.

We have the ability to beat anyone offensively and defensively, but our consistency is piss poor during the 2nd half....

Good thing we are fixing that.

risco

Reaction score
Who went ballistic on Hill's touchdown as the half expired?

One would be me. How do you allow that to happen?

Thank goodness Dallas won that game - or heads would have rolled.
Who would have rolled them heads you're referring to?

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I was surprised. Rewinded to see it again because I thought hill got armed tackle and regained his balance.

I knew there was an entire second half left to play so I didn't make a big deal about it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I saw the receiver catch it with two blockers running 7 yards in front of him with no Cowboys anywhere around, I immediately thought two things (and I mean before he even started running after the catch) .. first, awesome play design by Reid! .. second, if he stays behind his blockers and away from the sidelines, he is likely going to score.

Honestly, it was a well designed play combined with the Dallas Cowboys and Marinelli who have never had any idea how to play or scheme prevent defense. Last year against the Steelers should have been a warning where had Brown not run toward the sidelines on a very similar play, we may have lost that game.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I was furious. Took my only pair of glasses and chunked them across the house. My daughter left the room. I had to go apologize. She keeps me in check usually, but damn that one caught me off guard.

:lmao2:I had to show this one to my wife and say, "See, babe. It's not only me. It's all of us. I warned you this is what you'd be getting yourself into."

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Bottom line, it was a dumb *** play and I hope the coaches tossed that particular defensive set into the trash on the way out after the game tonight. Don't be cute... Challenge the mid level too. Instead of having 6 guys camped in the end zone 60 yards down the field, place two of those six mid level to challenge. That was a special kind of dumb play call...

The noise level of my voice went up by about 6 times its normal level as I ranted for awhile. I was ticked and in disbelief of the defensive setup that they employed without anyone in the middle area to impede the runner. I'm hoping I never see them using that particular defensive setup again. Watching KC come back with such intensity to score after halftime didn't help much, either.

Suffice it to say, my attitude changed quite favorably upon seeing our players rebound from their funk and manage get their composure back to dominate the play for the remainder of the 2nd half. What a relief it was to see them regain their "mojo" and be so resilient. Other than that awful boo-boo just before the half, I thought it was their best defensive effort of the season thus far.

Last edited:

stiletto

Reaction score
It was almost (and I stress ALMOST) too ridiculous to get mad and cuss at.. but alas...I did anyways...then I made a drink with not 2 oz,of Southern Comfort but 4 oz and that made me happy.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I honestly had to laugh it off after it happened to keep my blood pressure down...

ksadler1

Reaction score
I was SCREAMING at the TV for "one of you idiots get your a** up there and attack the ball carrier". We always seem to be on the wrong end of embarrassing plays or rarely called penalties. That blind-side block penalty was a bunch of BS too. I'm getting tired of this team having to beat the 12th man too.....