Video: Who Will Be Available At 10? Bryan's Gang Of 7 Weighs In | GBag Nation

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
All I know is if the Niners take Mac Jones, teams are going to be moving up to get the other QBs.

5 QBs going in the top 9 is the best thing that can happen for Dallas.

Agreed.

I think QBs and Pitts will cause trade ups in the Top 10.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I know is if the Niners take Mac Jones, teams are going to be moving up to get the other QBs.

5 QBs going in the top 9 is the best thing that can happen for Dallas.

Definitely. The more the merrier on quarterbacks.

DanA

Reaction score
I really don’t see it playing out much different to those scenarios with the one caveat that we could trade out of the position if a team really wants an OT.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I really don’t see it playing out much different to those scenarios with the one caveat that we could trade out of the position if a team really wants an OT.

Or one of the QBs is still on the board. At that point, New England, Washington, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and NO could all be itching to make a big move.

How far you willing to drop is the question?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or one of the QBs is still on the board. At that point, New England, Washington, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and NO could all be itching to make a big move.

Depends on who’s still on the board is my answer.

J-man

Reaction score
It's cool to hear the opinions of guys who actually may know some stuff about what teams are thinking.
The only one I really disagreed with was the guy who took Fields at 2. I don't think there is any way he goes over Wilson, but hey it's the Jets so...??? None of them seem to have any idea what the 49ers will do. Some weird trades in 7-9 range too.

And one gave us Surtain over Slater. If I have to choose between those 2, I'm not mad at all. Both are very good at what they do. But even though CB is the greater need at this point, I lean towards taking Slater.
For two reasons:
1. Slater has perennial All Pro potential as an offensive lineman. As good as he is, I don't really think Surtain has that potential at CB.
2. There are too many very good CB's that can be had later in this draft, vs probably 0 very good OT's after rd 1.

I'm taking the player I can plug in at his potential all pro spot, who has ability to move to a spot I think he can be a pro bowler at the very least if/when I need him to. Over the player who is very good, but his position has several very good players that should be available a later. If you compare the talent levels of the top 10 CB's vs. the top 10 OT's it's obvious that it is condensed way more in the top half of the 10 OT's vs it's fairly even through the 10 CB's. So if you call Surtain a 9/10, someone like Newsome is probably an 7/8. If you call Slater a 9/10 someone like Cosmi is probably a 5/6. So it's much easier to still get a higher quality CB in rd 2 vs getting a higher quality OT after rd 1. And then when you take into consideration that the rd 1 OT has perennial all pro potential vs the rd 2 OT that may just be good/ok, IMO you have to go that route. Even against the greater need.

DanA

Reaction score
I hope not if any of Surtain, Sewell, Horn, or Slater are still on the board.

For me it really depends on the situation. What if the draft goes:
1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones
4. Fields
5. Pitts
6. Lance
7. Chase
8. Slater
9. Waddle

That leaves Surtain, Sewell, Horn, Chase, and Parsons on the board. You’ve got the Chargers desperate to jump Giants for Sewell offering 13 + 47 (1580 points) for 10 + 99 (1409 points).

To me you’ve got to take it. There’s every chance with Sewell off the board that the Giant take Chase or Parsons leaving Horn/Surtain at 13, if not both. And worse case is you’re stuck with Parsons or Darrisaw, there are going to be good corners in the second and you’ve got two picks now.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me it really depends on the situation. What if the draft goes:
1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Jones
4. Fields
5. Pitts
6. Lance
7. Chase
8. Slater
9. Waddle

That leaves Surtain, Sewell, Horn, Chase, and Parsons on the board. You’ve got the Chargers desperate to jump Giants for Sewell offering 13 + 47 (1580 points) for 10 + 99 (1409 points).

To me you’ve got to take it. There’s every chance with Sewell off the board that the Giant take Chase or Parsons leaving Horn/Surtain at 13, if not both. And worse case is you’re stuck with Parsons but there are going to be good corners in the second and you’ve got two picks now.

If the two corners go between 10 and 13, that's definitely 'worst case' for me and I wouldn't feel god about Parsons, even at #13.

DanA

Reaction score
If the two corners go between 10 and 13, that's definitely 'worst case' for me and I wouldn't feel god about Parsons, even at #13.

Its possible but do you think the Giants pass on Chase with who they have a WR? Same goes with the Eagles, their WR group is also dog****.

DanA

Reaction score

So we’re looking at NE (15), Wash (19), Chi (20), Pitts (24), NO (28).

I’d be open to all of them for the right deal but they’ve got to make it worth my while to move away from the top CB’s or OT. And if I make the trade I’m probably looking to get back up to get one of the top 2 corners, or at worst one of Darrisaw, Newsome, or Parsons in the 1st.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its possible but do you think the Giants pass on Chase with who they have a WR? Same goes with the Eagles, their WR group is also dog****.

No I don't to be honest. In fact, I'd be shocked if Chase were still available there.

DanA

Reaction score
No I don't to be honest. In fact, I'd be shocked if Chase were still available there.

Yeah, I think I make the trade if Chase or Smith is their but not Waddle. Giants might take Waddle but I doubt the Eagles do after taking Reagar last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I think I make the trade if Chase or Smith is their but not Waddle. Giants might take Waddle but I doubt the Eagles do after taking Reagar last year.

Agreed.