Who will be first time Pro-Bowlers?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In addition to the usual suspects, who do you think our first time pro-bowlers will be?

Tyler Smith
Bland
Ferguson
Osa O
Aubrey
Bell
Tyler, Bland, and Aubrey will have good odds based on the amount of media attention they get (and rightfully so).

Osa is still a bit under the radar despite being a total game wrecker every week. I compare him to DLaw. If the Pro Bowl actually always selected the best players, DLaw would be a 7 or 8 time Pro Bowler already.

Bell will 100% not make it. He is unknown outside of Dallas. Ferg has an outside shot, but between Kittle, LaPorta, and Hockenson all having real good years he would probably have to make it as an alternate.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. They got rid of the probowl, there is no longer a game
Last year, it was a "flag football" game. Not sure if that is happening again this year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right? I've said this many times and people just ignore it - Tom Brady hated pro bowl selections because he wanted to play in the other game the following week. Playing in the pro bowl meant he failed to do good enough for the other game. I wish some of our fans would realize this and stop giving pro bowl selections so much clout.
Hopefully none because we're going to the Super Bowl game. :cool:

A player can still be selected to the Pro-Bowl even if his team ends up going to the Super Bowl. Being selected doesn't mean you have to be available to play. They just find a replacement.

Besides, the Pro Bowl game is flag football now, so the game itself really isn't a big deal anyway

Last edited:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In addition to the usual suspects, who do you think our first time pro-bowlers will be?

Tyler Smith
Bland
Ferguson
Osa O
Aubrey
Bell
I think Smith and Bland will.
Maybe Osa but I doubt it.
Aubrey definitely should, he has the most FGs in the NFC and he's the only NFC kicker who hasn't missed (Butker has been perfect on FGs and XPs).
Ferguson has no chance with Hockenson and Kittle out there, not to mention LaPorta and McBride (all have more receptions, only McBride has fewer TDs).
Bell has no shot.

blueblood70

Reaction score
For me I really don't care about the Pro Bowl anymore it's been so deluded popularity contest the game itself is just annoyingly not the same as the actual game.... It be more important to these guys and to me that they would get first and second team all pro also make the NFL's top 100 when the voting happens again after the offseason... Those both trump the Pro Bowl in my opinion

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Smith and Bland will.
Maybe Osa but I doubt it.
Aubrey definitely should, he has the most FGs in the NFC and he's the only NFC kicker who hasn't missed (Butker has been perfect on FGs and XPs).
Ferguson has no chance with Hockenson and Kittle out there, not to mention LaPorta and McBride (all have more receptions, only McBride has fewer TDs).
Bell has no shot.
I believe the Atlanta Falcon kicker is right there so it might be tough even for Aubrey....

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe the Atlanta Falcon kicker is right there so it might be tough even for Aubrey....
Yeah, he's only missed one and has two fewer made FGs. Aubrey's 5/5 from 50+, Koo is 3/3, so I feel like Aubrey has a slight edge all around (except XPs, where he's missed 3 to Koo's 1). But it's not a runaway and things could change.

Motorola

Reaction score
Hopefully none because we're going to the Super Bowl game. :cool:
Players can still be selected - and the league has for decades recognized that if their team is in the Super Bowl, they will opt out of attending the events the following weekend.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He's tied for 5th for offensive linemen with 7 penalties. And two of the 5 in front of him are primarily tackles. Think he is overall playing great (and that shouldn't disqualify him) but that he is pretty high up there.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/ol_penalties.htm
His play makes up for the penalties. He has definitely improved his technique since his college days. He's not Zack Martin in that regard, but I'd still take Tyler Smith over Martin at this point in their careers.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. They got rid of the probowl, there is no longer a game
I thought it was a flag football game.

They are having flag football in the Olympics, I believe. I think I remember Parsons talking about it and wanting to play on the Olympic team, with CeeDee, and some of his other pals.