Who will be the new DL coach?

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm not sure you have to replace Whitt. Dependents on Zimmer's philosophy. Always good to have another coach around though

1942willys

Reaction score
Not a lot of quality coaches out there at this point and Cowboys (McCarthy) are not on the top of anyone's list.

Someone like Brentson Buckner is available; he was part of the Jaguars recent purge.
That is a real problem because MM is looking like a lame duck coach; a lot of assistants will shy off because of that

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not a lot of quality coaches out there at this point and Cowboys (McCarthy) are not on the top of anyone's list.

Someone like Brentson Buckner is available; he was part of the Jaguars recent purge.
There's always assistant coaches out there and Zimmer has also worked with a lot of players and coaches over the years. Perhaps Zimmer calls up Jared Allen to provide dline coaching, he is from Dallas. I have no idea how Jared Allen would be as a coach, but just an example of Zimmer's tree and possibilities.

Carson

Reaction score
I feel like Paul Guenther will find his way here

Reactions: JPM

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a real problem because MM is looking like a lame duck coach; a lot of assistants will shy off because of that
Maybe not. It is still a high profile job in a way. And if you do a good enough job. If MM is gone, then the next HC will keep you around.

If offered the position, many would jump on it.
This lame duck one year crap is just that, crap.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Non of us know what type of quality coaches are out there. And know is going to say…I won’t work for MM … or Jerry …

Another fan related myth just because they are not happy.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Maybe we can get Leon Lett back. I hated seeing him go and felt we really fumbled things with him.

1942willys

Reaction score
Maybe not. It is still a high profile job in a way. And if you do a good enough job. If MM is gone, then the next HC will keep you around.

If offered the position, many would jump on it.
This lame duck one year crap is just that, crap.
forever defend the Jerry Circus....

dogberry

Reaction score
Do assistants sign two year contracts?

I assume the money is better than being unemployed.

And if a new head coach wants someone new, the fired assistant gets a year of checks while finding another job?