Who will be the new DL coach?

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Andre Patterson & Zimmer have a history. Patterson is still with the Giants but he could be available with the DC change. He could also give him a higher title, like he did the last couple of years in Minnesota.

Minnesota Vikings (2014–2019)
Defensive line coach
Minnesota Vikings (2020)
Co-defensive coordinator / defensive line coach
Minnesota Vikings (2021)
Assistant head coach / co-defensive coordinator / defensive line coach
This seems likely. If they can swing it. I've seen the name Paul Guenther for LB coach. Wonder if Edwards would fancy a return? Though I get the feeling he left on bad terms here

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I feel like Paul Guenther will find his way here
He is more of a LB coach, we already have McCarthy's coffee fetcher Scott McCurley in place there. He may show up as a "senior assistant" like he did in Minnesota. If the Giants are purging their entire defensive staff, that is where Andre Patterson comes into play.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Andre Patterson & Zimmer have a history. Patterson is still with the Giants but he could be available with the DC change. He could also give him a higher title, like he did the last couple of years in Minnesota.

Minnesota Vikings (2014–2019)
Defensive line coach
Minnesota Vikings (2020)
Co-defensive coordinator / defensive line coach
Minnesota Vikings (2021)
Assistant head coach / co-defensive coordinator / defensive line coach
Patterson needs to shake loose if we want a quality DL coach this late in the game. Shane Bowen is their new DC and they have been evaluating additions from his staff with the Titans. Hopefully they decide to move on.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are some rumblings that he may of been part of Mazi losing all that weight as he was pulling hard to draft a 3T.
He wanted Tyler Lacy when they selected Viliami Fehoko. Said that was his guy.

A DE for Jacksonville but a 3 tech here.

quickccc

Reaction score

Also, who replaces Whitt?
Andre Patterson as new DL coach/top assistant is my lead guess:

Expect his son Adam to have some role among the LBs.

Will Zimm have both a DL coach .. and a DT coach ? (ala Leon Lett ?)
Or would a Patterson handle all DL roles ?
i think club has already given permission to DT coach Sheriff Floyd to talk to other teams.

quickccc

Reaction score

Also, who replaces Whitt?
I dunno what credentials Al Harris would have on an entire secondary. it's obvious management is insisting that Harris
remains, how much has to do with continue development with the CBs, ..how much would Harris be involved and responsible with the safeties ?

From what i took from explanation, Witt was responsible in laying down the coverage designs and assignments that
Quinn wanted implemented. Meaning safety roles were two deep in secondary, or rover safety around the line.
Seems like Donovan was more back in deeper coverage than previous years - could that be injury related per his
recovery ? (quad or hamstring?) .. and Kearse had a lesser impact than previous year.

But we did see flashes and promise per Juanyeh Thomas who could be an eventual replacement for Kearse who is
due to be a FA soon. Whether CB or S, not every DB is gonna developed as hoped or expected, but the hope is the mass and majority.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There's always assistant coaches out there and Zimmer has also worked with a lot of players and coaches over the years. Perhaps Zimmer calls up Jared Allen to provide dline coaching, he is from Dallas. I have no idea how Jared Allen would be as a coach, but just an example of Zimmer's tree and possibilities.
Zimmer never coached Jared Allen

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They just let him interview with Washington the day before they let Zimmer decision out. Wonder if there’s still some animosity between the two!
There shouldn't be. Floyd was a good player until his that infection ended his career