Who will trade for Dak and what can we get for him

Bigdog

Reaction score
then they would have 2 overpaid avg QBs with potential..:)) ill give Dak to SF for their Bup that started last year and we also get a 2nd..done..
They can cut Jimmy G any time with minimal cap hit. He got his money already since the Niners had all that cap space when they signed him.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Actually they had this discussion on the other day on the local sports radio here in the Bay area. There were not may teams that they came up with but if memory served correct I believe they came up with the Bengals, Titans (I questioned this one), Dolphins, Jags (don't know why since they just signed Foles) and that was it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Odd this was moved but the 108 Zeke Trades and get rid of Zeke posts remain ..hmm why should we not talk about tading Dak , If Zeke is fair game then the whole team should be..

seems the Mods are Dak supporters and dont mind the clutter of the 400 Zeke threads all open and not merged since what a month ago..lol

why NOT trade Dak kleep Zeke add a solid vet at QB for cheap FT Amari and im betting we really dont lose much as the same arguments being made thinking losign Zeke is no big deal..

blueblood70

Reaction score
They can cut Jimmy G any time with minimal cap hit. He got his money already since the Niners had all that cap space when they signed him.
its because the front loaded that deal and they still will lose tons of money get what 8starts from 60mil or so? none off that is looked at as minimal they were horrible last year and paid Jimmy G a ton of cash for riding the pine.at this point they cant cut him this year its after this season to lesson the blow..not anytime..but they still lost money its like buying a Farrari and not outing insurance on it and wrecking it 10miles after driving off the lot.. they will force Jimbo on the field this season due to ths investment and try hard to make it work before they pull the cord..so one of their backups will most likely be tradable..we need good backup..maybe we look that way..

its lesson that should be learned here, you cant overpay for a player who hasn't earned it..more then 30mil for Dak would be HUGE mistake..I like dak but not at that price..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
1. Saints. Brees is 40, still a very good passer but he's starting to slip, no backup in the wings for the Saints.
2. Colts. Luck is so injury prone, having a guy on the roster who's never missed a game, hardly a snap, in 3 years would be a welcome relief.
3. Patriots. 42 years old is 42 years old, don't care how well he takes care of himself. And there will always be the question - is Brady Brady because of himself, or is Belichick's teams always that good other than quarterback?

And a first and a second pick....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Why do people continually want to trade our best assets?

Some of you geek on the draft too much to realize that there are actual games that need to be played.

Besides, Dak being traded is about as far from possible as it is possible to be in the NFL. Jerry is so proud of the fact that his 4th round pick has turned out as well as he has, regardless of whether he thought it would happen when Dak was drafted, that he'll never let him go...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, any team would trade for Dak at the right price. But that fantasy land.

If you mean trade for him to start and then pay him franchise QB money, well, that list would be extemely small....and possibly non-existent

Eliminate all teams with a current vet guy there that they love
Eliminate all teams that have drafted a QB in the first two rounds in 2018 or 2019
Where does that leave you
Maybe teams with QBs they might give up on? Tampa (doubt it)? Tenn? Cincy?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Odd this was moved but the 108 Zeke Trades and get rid of Zeke posts remain ..hmm why should we not talk about tading Dak , If Zeke is fair game then the whole team should be..

seems the Mods are Dak supporters and dont mind the clutter of the 400 Zeke threads all open and not merged since what a month ago..lol

why NOT trade Dak kleep Zeke add a solid vet at QB for cheap FT Amari and im betting we really dont lose much as the same arguments being made thinking losign Zeke is no big deal..

Because you don't trade a franchise QB

ghst187

Reaction score
Good players, esp young and/or at qb,p or key positions, are more valuable than picks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Why would I want to trade him? QB is the hardest position to find. Dak is a good QB whose only crime is he replaced Romo and some fans did not like it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Honest answer from a Dak Prescott fan:

I could see the Ravens, Panthers (long term Cam health concerns), Bengals, Broncos, Saints, Patriots, Buccaneers, and Titans all having varying degrees of interest in Dak (who I want the Cowboys to keep).

The Cowboys could get two 2nd round picks that conditionally turn into 1sts depending on how he performs in his new venue; plus a couple later round choices.
Even before this season, Dak brings a 1st plus easily.

Sometimes I just wonder about you guys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You would've traded Dak for Mullins? Man, your ability to analyze needs much work.
it was being sarcastic ie a joke and mostly at the time I kept seeing reasons why we should have or should trade Zeke..i mean for the price Dak might demand vs actual worth I think Zeke and Pollard and that WR group if we got 2nd and a Mullins type we might not miss beat.. who knows really.. the rookie and 2nd yr off the bench backups are doing pretty well this year..

but my original statements were mostly me countering al the Zeke haters who feel we wouldn't miss beat without him..i saw Mullins do a dang good job last year so a 2nd and mullins for dak:)) I was being facetious.. :muttley:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Which team owns Dexter Coakley's rights? I'd imagine they have an advantage if we decide to trade Dak

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
it was being sarcastic ie a joke and mostly at the time I kept seeing reasons why we should have or should trade Zeke..i mean for the price Dak might demand vs actual worth I think Zeke and Pollard and that WR group if we got 2nd and a Mullins type we might not miss beat.. who knows really.. the rookie and 2nd yr off the bench backups are doing pretty well this year..

but my original statements were mostly me countering al the Zeke haters who feel we wouldn't miss beat without him..i saw Mullins do a dang good job last year so a 2nd and mullins for dak:)) I was being facetious.. :muttley:

Nah, you were just wrong

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score

Ah. Mullins is/was in all likelihood a backup type. Dak is/was a top 15 starter.