Who will we draft at 10?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Pitts is an elite talent that many believe is going to be a day 1 star. Talked about in the same breath as Kelce. You really think Jerry is going to take a corner if Pitts is on the board ?
:hammer:

J-man

Reaction score
Barring any trades, I have a feeling it will be Slater because I believe they will have him rated a good bit higher than Surtain.
I think Farley will go to Denver (if not sooner). If Farley is there he is the probable pick.

If they stick to a pure BPA board it could be Pitts. But I honestly don't think he gets passed Detroit now that they have Goff, they could also take Farley or Slater at 7. And in that happens we could get "stuck" with Pitts at 10.

IMHO, Parsons is too much of a ? and an off ball LB doesn't offer good value at 10. Paye isn't what we need and DE isn't a huge need either.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think it will be a trade down. We need serious help on the defensive side of the ball and at OT.
Barring a trade, it will be ... Pitts.
Surtain and Farley have question marks. Pitts has none.
I said it will be Pitts and then defense will get the benefit of most of the picks thereafter.
You know what Jerry i$ $eeing? CeeDee, Cooper and Pitts - Oh My!
Consider Pitts another gift to Dak.

morasp

Reaction score
A trade down could allow them to get a starting quality OT, S, and CB

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better not be that short armed tackle at Northwestern. We need defense or a QB.

Mahomes was taken 10th. So this could be a valuable pick for a team needing a QB. Buffalo got 2 firsts and a 3rd for trading the 10th pick in the 2017 draft to KC. If we sign Dak, we should absolutely try and trade this pick.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pitts or Parsons. Wouldn't be my choice, but its what I think they will do. IMO, I would LOVE to see a trade down because we need picks/bodies. The D need at least 3 heavy contributors out of the gate.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Better not be that short armed tackle at Northwestern. We need defense or a QB.

Mahomes was taken 10th. So this could be a valuable pick for a team needing a QB. Buffalo got 2 firsts and a 3rd for trading the 10th pick in the 2017 draft to KC. If we sign Dak, we should absolutely try and trade this pick.
good point on QB. Many don't wanna admit that. QB is a real possibility if we tag or trade Dak. Its reality.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
good point on QB. Many don't wanna admit that. QB is a real possibility if we tag or trade Dak. Its reality.

The more I look at this draft, most all of the value is at QB and WR. Their isn't a DL or OL worth the 10 pick. Maybe if Surtain falls, he would be a good pick.......doubt he falls.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My top 5 are Lawrence, Sewell, Chase, Wilson, and Pitts. Anyone of these guys available then that’s the pick.
My next 5 are Smith,Parsons,Surtain,Farley, and Waddle.
I’m ecstatic if I can get someone from the top 5.But happy to get any of the 10.
You would draft a 4th WR?
I think if WR is alone at the top your board at 10, you absolutely have to trade down....unless you have a trade in place for Cooper or Gallup.

bodi

Reaction score
cb

just say no to Slater or pitts

trade back

chagus

Reaction score
I want O-line help so id go with Slater. Learn from last seasons fiasco at OL.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The more I look at this draft, most all of the value is at QB and WR. Their isn't a DL or OL worth the 10 pick. Maybe if Surtain falls, he would be a good pick.......doubt he falls.
Sewell would be worth it

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think if we stay at 10 it will be CB with either Surtain or Farley. I think it is just as likely that Cowboys move out of 10 picking up extra pick and get DT later in the 1st rd.