Who would you choose for the Cowboys pick if the draft goes like this? (NFL MOCK)

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Do you have a link to that perhaps? I don't think it's coming out right on the message board for us to see properly.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
The Giants are taking Tanard Jackson?? Good luck with that. As for the Boys, I'd take Reggie Nelson.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'd take var teamNeedsString = getTeamNeedsString(563);if(teamNeedsString && teamNeedsString.length.

Then probably > 0){document.write("Team needs: "+teamNeedsString+" in the 2nd.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Hope that works.

I guess I'd go after Meachem or Houston.

Edit: I see you've fixed it up.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
bbgun;1449027 said:
The Giants are taking Tanard Jackson?? Good luck with that. As for the Boys, I'd take Reggie Nelson.

Do you think we'd get Nelson with Roy at SS and Hamlin/Watkins at FS?

I'm not so sure, wouldn't mind too much though about the pick though.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1449032 said:
Do you think we'd get Nelson with Roy at SS and Hamlin/Watkins at FS?

I'm not so sure, wouldn't mind too much though about the pick though.

1) Nelson won't be there anyway
2) Hamlin looks like a one-year fix at best
3) Yes, Hamlin is on the roster, but that's like ignoring WR just because TO and Glenn are the presumed starters. You gotta address the position eventually.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Nelson could can cover slot receivers so he would be instant help on the nickel. hed probably also beat out hamlin before the year is out.

With Meachem on the board hes not going to get alot of time at first.

With Moss you still have Carp and Ellis to beat out.

That is the beauty of our roster we dont have any holes so we can pick whatever we want.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
bbgun;1449035 said:
1) Nelson won't be there anyway
2) Hamlin looks like a one-year fix at best
3) Yes, Hamlin is on the roster, but that's like ignoring WR just because TO and Glenn are the presumed starters. You gotta address the position eventually.

1) He could be there.
2) Yes, but what about Watkins?
3) I don't know about that. TO and Glenn will be gone in a few years, maybe even after next year, that is why I feel we should address the WR position. Maybe we can wait it out and draft a WR in the second round, who knows. However, Hamlin and Watkins are fairly young, and Watkins showed some upside toward the end of the season. We might actually be OK at this position.

These are just my feelings, and #3 is just speculation on the part of Hamlin and Watkins and their futures with Dallas.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Nelson; dude is so talented & gifted, he is a FS/CB-hybrid that would bring so much versatility to Wade's defense.....

lostinomiya

Reaction score
it is all like a jigsaw puzzle for me...i think, choose him...then, wait, no..we could do with him. i dont know who i would choose.

essentially, i dont want our OL to be as porous as it was last season and i want a scary pass rush - maybe we already potentially have these things with Wade's input and Davis's solidity... maybe

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd consider a trade down. If I had to pick I'd go WR (NOT Jarrett) or CB.