Who would you draft in this scenario?

WeDemBoyz

Reaction score
Update:

At this point I ended up taking CB Bryce Hall. Between Delpit and Hall additions, I feel like the secondary can make a huge turn around. Especially in the turnover category. 41 Pass Deflections and 7 INTs between them in the last 2 seasons (and Hall only played 6 games last year). Hall is probably a lock for Top 20 if he stays healthy.

Who would you have taken?

2nd Round

33. Cincinnati - OL Cesar Ruiz, Michigan
34. Jacksonville (from IND, WSH) - CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama
35. Jacksonville (from DET) - WR Denzel Mims, Baylor
36. NY Jets (from NYG) - WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
37. Detroit (from LAC) - OL Lloyd Cushenberry III, LSU
38. Carolina - CB Jeff Gladney, TCU
39. Miami - RB D'Andre Swift, Georgia
40. Houston (from ARI) - OL Solomon Kindley, Georgia
41. Cleveland - LB Zach Baun, Wisconsin
42. Jacksonville - OG Shane Lemieux, Oregon
43. Chicago (from LV) - WR KJ Hamler, Penn St.
44. Indianapolis - WR Laviska Shenault Jr., Colorado
45. Tampa Bay - RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
46. Tennessee (from DEN) - EDGE Terrell Lewis, Alabama
47. Atlanta - DT Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma
48. NY Giants (from NYJ) - DT Jordan Elliott, Missouri
49. Pittsburgh - DL Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
50. Chicago - G John Simpson, Clemson

WeDemBoyz

Reaction score
Lot of people on both sides of the fence regarding Chaisson. I think he might prove doubters wrong, but won't exactly fulfill all hopes of his supporters either.

Kwyn

Reaction score
People are going to be surprised how high he goes. I think he is very much in play at 17. Reminds me a little bit of Lamar Woodley
He’s projected as early 2nd.

I think it would indeed be a surprise to see him at 17 mainly because of the way the board is set up and team needs

there are no teams even drafting in the first whose most glaring need is LB and there are several LB rated more highly than Baun

Simmons is a no brained and will go high regardless of team need because he’s so special. Likely to the Giants at #4

Patrick Queen will go somewhere Around 20’ornso first to a team who has LB as a secondary need

Kenneth Murray is also rated higher than Baun but even if you consider them equal you’d have to see a team really be in love with either one of them to spend a first on LB when it’s

Cardinals, Panthers, Jags and Browns could all benefit from a LB but it’s a second tier need for al of them and their picks are way too high to spend on any LV other than Simmons.

Cards and Browns both need one of the top OL who will be there for both of them at 8 and 10.

Panthers need a DT and project to take Brown or Kinlaw at 7

Jags are likely to take Brown or Kinlaw as well at 9

Eagles really need a receiver and unless Jefferson is gone when they pick, I think he’s almost a sure thing at 21

Saints at 24 and Ravens at 28 could both use a LB but this is where you’ll see Queen if he’s still available and Murray is linked to the Ravens

Teams without a first that could is a LB are the Rams but they don’t pick until 52 and Baun will be gone by then.

so, that’s a lot of words to say that while Baun is a fine player and his explosion and pass rush ability makes him attractive as a blitzing LB. he just may be a bit of an odd fit for some teams who are looking for a more traditional tackling LB.and they are likely to go with the higher rates LBs I mentioned

I like him though and if he went to the Saints or Ravens I wouldn’t be shocked

rikolai

Reaction score
I like Chaisson for sure and I'm a gambling type so I like trying to hit a home run at an extremely valuable position.

That being said, I didn't see even 1 person say Epenesa from Iowa. I don't think Chaisson is going to be there so if we took Epenesa at 17 I'd be totally fine with it. I like him enough that I'm not risking losing him by trading down 4 or 5 spots. Epenesa is a guy who loves football and is much more of a finished product that Chaisson and wouldn't shock me at all if he has the better career.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I like Chaisson for sure and I'm a gambling type so I like trying to hit a home run at an extremely valuable position.

That being said, I didn't see even 1 person say Epenesa from Iowa. I don't think Chaisson is going to be there so if we took Epenesa at 17 I'd be totally fine with it. I like him enough that I'm not risking losing him by trading down 4 or 5 spots. Epenesa is a guy who loves football and is much more of a finished product that Chaisson and wouldn't shock me at all if he has the better career.
Me too!!! Chaisson if he reaches near potential you hit a massive hr at a position of much greater value. McKinney if he reaches his potential he is an above average safety at a position of far less value.

If we pick McKinney over Chaisson, I’d be freakin sick!!