Who would you love to buy a beer?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
There are more than a handful of members of the Zone that I would like to buy a beer.
Id love to meet each and every Zoner.

On a large motorcycle forum I frequent, I put out an open invitation for anyone interested to descend on my humble abode for a weekend party. Had about 50 people show up. Had so much fun I did it again the next summer. Then, another picked up the ball and hosted one at their place. Then someone else the next year. That created a dynamic in which, if you were traveling around the country, you pretty much had a place to stay, or a helping hand within reach.

You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I told her two guys I met on the internet would be spending the night, as they were passing through. I didn't even know their real names.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

On a large motorcycle forum I frequent, I put out an open invitation for anyone interested to descend on my humble abode for a weekend party. Had about 50 people show up. Had so much fun I did it again the next summer. Then, another picked up the ball and hosted one at their place. Then someone else the next year. That created a dynamic in which, if you were traveling around the country, you pretty much had a place to stay, or a helping hand within reach.

You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I told her two guys I met on the internet would be spending the night, as they were passing through. I didn't even know their real names.
One of the guys from this forum is now one of my best friends. Never expected that to happen.

HungryLion

Reaction score

A group ride for all bikers on the zone would be sick.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Inspired by Runwildboys thread.

Who has brought something to the world that has made your life a little easier.

The two that spring to mind for me are, the person who invented push-fit plumbing fittings and the person who came up with the hydrogen peroxide/baking soda/dish soap concoction for de-skunking a dog.

Those folks will never pay for a drink if I'm in the house.
There's a story in there about a dog and a skunk that is probably well worth hearing.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
There's a story in there about a dog and a skunk that is probably well worth hearing.
It was early on a quiet Saturday morning. Last Saturday, in fact. My wife was outside with the dogs while I was inside having my coffee reading the news. Suddenly, the barking began, then the screaming. I could tell by pitch and tone of the barking that this wasn't your run of the mill wandering squirrel that needed to be run off. The pitch and tone of the screaming was normal.

I quickly put some pants on, and some shoes and went out to see what was going on.
"What's going on?"
"The dogs attacked a skunk."
"Attacked?"
"Yes. Solo was grabbing it and throwing it up in the air?"
"Where is the skunk?"
"I trapped it under that garbage can?" (40 gallon plastic can next to the garage)

So, with those details, first priority was to get the dogs cleaned up. Cheers to the hydrogen peroxide guy!!! (If anyone is ever in this situation DON'T try and use soap and water to wash them off. Try and absorb as much skunk oil as you can with paper towels then hit them the hydrogen peroxide mix. Repeat two or three times.

Once the dogs were taken care of, now it's time to deal with Mr Skunk. I hadn't seen it yet and I'd been told it was "attacked" by two german shepherds. Going on my definition of attacked I would expect to find a severely wounded animal so I came prepared to do what might be needed to be done.

Try and visual the following. Some old dude, looking like he just crawled out of bed, barely a sip of coffee in him and he has not seen a comb or a toothbrush, yet. Wearing shorts, and a pair of untied work boots, no socks, clutching a 22 pistol in one hand while tentatively trying to kick over an upside down trash barrel, with a skunk underneath it.

I kicked the barrel over and Mr Skunk and I locked eyes for a moment, both of us silently communicating. "look, I'll go my way, you go yours, peace". He appeared to be OK, and he turned and waddled up a 4 ft bank and off into the woods. I emptied the ten round mag in his direction, being careful not to hit him, just to further discourage him from trying to make his home in this neck of the woods.

All's well that ends well. (except for my coffee being cold)

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was early on a quiet Saturday morning. Last Saturday, in fact. My wife was outside with the dogs while I was inside having my coffee reading the news. Suddenly, the barking began, then the screaming. I could tell by pitch and tone of the barking that this wasn't your run of the mill wandering squirrel that needed to be run off. The pitch and tone of the screaming was normal.

I quickly put some pants on, and some shoes and went out to see what was going on.
"What's going on?"
"The dogs attacked a skunk."
"Attacked?"
"Yes. Solo was grabbing it and throwing it up in the air?"
"Where is the skunk?"
"I trapped it under that garbage can?" (40 gallon plastic can next to the garage)

So, with those details, first priority was to get the dogs cleaned up. Cheers to the hydrogen peroxide guy!!! (If anyone is ever in this situation DON'T try and use soap and water to wash them off. Try and absorb as much skunk oil as you can with paper towels then hit them the hydrogen peroxide mix. Repeat two or three times.

Once the dogs were taken care of, now it's time to deal with Mr Skunk. I hadn't seen it yet and I'd been told it was "attacked" by two german shepherds. Going on my definition of attacked I would expect to find a severely wounded animal so I came prepared to do what might be needed to be done.

Try and visual the following. Some old dude, looking like he just crawled out of bed, barely a sip of coffee in him and he has not seen a comb or a toothbrush, yet. Wearing shorts, and a pair of untied work boots, no socks, clutching a 22 pistol in one hand while tentatively trying to kick over an upside down trash barrel, with a skunk underneath it.

I kicked the barrel over and Mr Skunk and I locked eyes for a moment, both of us silently communicating. "look, I'll go my way, you go yours, peace". He appeared to be OK, and he turned and waddled up a 4 ft bank and off into the woods. I emptied the ten round mag in his direction, being careful not to hit him, just to further discourage him from trying to make his home in this neck of the woods.

All's well that ends well. (except for my coffee being cold)

Do we have to???

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Catherine Deneuve, though she would probably prefer a glass of wine. That's fine. I would buy her that if I got to converse with her. I love her movies.