Image: Who would you want as HC of the Cowboys?

Aven8

Reaction score
Good guy and great coach. Got caught up in his own success. I'd be good with him coming in as an top assistant. Not sure about HC

He did. It was just a dream to see what he could do on the Pros. It would be controversial no doubt.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
This guy is the man. His offense is awesome. Dak is his type of QB. And his passing game will set records here.

Only problem is he's probably not available. :(

IMG-0439.jpg

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did. It was just a dream to see what he could do on the Pros. It would be controversial no doubt.
A buddy of mine was on the school board in Stephenville when they hired him. He speak the world of him. I never got to meet him.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t think Tomlin will be available. I’m getting kinda interested in Greg Roman seeing what he did with Kap in SF and seeing what he is doing with Jackson in Baltimore I think he could do a lot with Dak and EE. Jackson has wheels but he was a horrible passer coming out of college and now look at him. Kap was pretty good under Roman. I even think if not mistaken Taylor was decent under him in Buffalo. He also gets a lot out of his running game. I just think he fits with the talent here.

i always thought dak as a different kind of mobile QB, not a Lamar and Kap pistol like runners - but more of a mobile Russell wilson like runner
i would have loved to seen dak in Kyle Shanahan's Niners offense, misdirection, pre snap motion and well design formations.

quickccc

Reaction score
HC
1 Urban Meyer
2 Lincoln Riley
3 Kellen Moore
4 steve stefanski ( Vikes OC)
5 Jon Kitna

DC:
1 Dan Quinn
2 Jack Del Rio
3 ron rivera
4 kris richard
5 . Gregg Williams

Big D

Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLgMvwLHTmf0o2hcWf6ntGfbf0TDBp8BiopXMw1btDVaSlLG4_&s

nobody

Reaction score
I don't know that any new coach will make too much of a difference without Jerry making concessions and changing how HE runs things.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I want Jerry to put on his baseball cap and get this out of the way. Let him try and coach this team and when he fails miserably he can hire someone and give them full control.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
I am not a fan of Meyer or Saban, yes both have done well, at college level, but both have had access to the best talent out of high school, would rather take Riley, or Rhule who has done well, with a lot less.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Meyer or Saban, yes both have done well, at college level, but both have had access to the best talent out of high school, would rather take Riley, or Rhule who has done well, with a lot less.

You realize that the reason they had that opportunity is because they won without the best players right? Urban Meyer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Meyer#Early_coaching_career

"In 2001, Meyer took his first head coaching job at Bowling Green.[14] In his first season there, he engineered one of the greatest turnarounds in the NCAA football history, going 8–3 and capping off the season with a 56–21 victory over Bowling Green's rival, the University of Toledo Rockets.[27] He also earned Mid-American Conference coach of the year honors. "

"After two seasons at Bowling Green, he took the job at Utah in 2003.[29] In his first year there, Meyer was named the Mountain West Conference's Coach of the Year with a 10–2 record, the best ever for a coach's first season at Utah.[29] He also earned honors as The Sporting News National Coach of the Year, the first Utes coach to do so.[30]"

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Urban Meyer is healthy enough to handle the job, then he is hands down the best candidate..........unless Jerry can somehow swing Belechek. I like the Baylor and OU coaches too...........but I fear they will be ill equipped to handle a meddling owner.

dfense

Reaction score
Who's the last super duper college coach that was actually didn't suck in the NFL?

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Didn't want Parcells, Certainly do not want Tomlin.

Both enemies of the Cowboys not matter how ya state it. I would cringe with this guy on the sidelines. Might accidentally trip someone again. hehehehe

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That is simply not true. Urban has won big at every school he has coached and he BUILT the UF program and OSU was 6-7 in the year prior to his arrival. He took that base of talent and went 12-0 the next year. He doesn't just recruit. He teaches and gets the most of out of his players talent. He would be great here.........if healthy.