Who you got as X-factor for Cowboys?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Tavon Austin. He can be a game changer for either team. Rams will target him and try to make him fumble.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
X (Factor) Woods. His ball hawking skills are going to have a coming out party and he’ll give the O some short fields to work with.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Rico had his preseason breakout debut against the Rams. Now that attrition has set in with these tight ends we might finally get to see what Rico gathers can do as the every-down tight End . If the Cowboys are to win it will be because Dak has more firepower at the slot/te position where we're used to getting zeros every week.

Tavon or Gathers sure seem more likely to make an impact on the scoreboard and maybe finally get a shot to play some of those wasted te passing snaps from the non Scoring tes

I think we'll actually use Schultz but I'm hopeful we try Rico since he should have some extra Confidence since he dominated them

davidariust24

Reaction score
I'm going with Tavon Austin. One punt return for TD and one receiving TD.
On offense it's the tightends group. If they make an impact and everything works out like usual we should be half way to a win. The second half is if we stop the run like we can and do pretty consistently, the corners are my X factor because they have a tall task with that passing attack with two 1200 yard receivers and good second tier receivers and tightends and a dynamic Rb catching passes. Coach McVay has an offense that's explosive and ready to cause havoc. The game vs the Seahawks I noticed Baldwin and Lockett eunn uh ng to catch passes but they would extend their arms and basically create space to drop a ball into by basically pushing Awuzie back and then they would jump up while their hands were on the CB with that little space they've created. I thought that was a flag but things are changing. I wonder if the rams WRs will mimicking that if the coverage is tight. We will see

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The offensive line; especially Joe Looney and Connor Williams. I expect the Cowboys to double team Aaron Donald.

And that will lead to some epic one-on-one duels between Zack Martin and Ndamukong Suh.

Xeven

Reaction score
Obviously Zeke. Rams are weak against the run and if average RB can hurt Rams then Zeke can shred them. I think we need Dak to run a few too just so they cannot fully focus on Zeke. I would like to see some plays where blocking for Zeke down field is part of the play designs.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I should've defined X-factor. A player is an X-factor, as I understand it, when they are NOT already an established star on the team. They are not someone who is expected to be a major factor in the game.