Whom does Patrick sustain jr compare to?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
there are some comp saying Ramsey and Nnamdi Asomugha

those saying BJ is joke that Surtains floor, Surtains upside day 1 is more then BJ , he will be as good as BJ day 1 and improve past him..seriously BJ is bad comp..he might be a Terence Newman type if we had to choose a DC..
CJ Henderson las year was a better Jones comp

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s kinda my point with Surtain.

This fan base hates players like him. I mean we didn’t like Newman.. Brandon Carr we didn’t like and he wasn’t nearly as good as Newman or Jones at the top of their game but still.

These quiet guys who just do their job and we never hear from get ripped to shreds on here whenever they finally do have a bad game.

So let’s just stay away from this type and have some fun and get a flashy guy like Horn who can be as good as anyone in this league but just needs a bit of work.
I could care less who the fan base hates.

If you disliked Newman when he was here, you're a mouth breather. People like that, I don't take their opinions seriously

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
why i agree with some of what you say in terms of Surtain I don't carry as much admiration for Byron. I know you do but I don't. Do i think the Cowboys should have paid him rather than zeke and Jaylon yes i do. But not what he made he not in the same stratosphere as Ramsey or a healthy young PP and we could name others but this thread don't need to be about Byron its about Surtain's comparable

I agree, Jones is not Ramsey or the like but I think if the team had decided to keep him, they could have signed him a year earlier for less money and then you avoid a lot of problems for the team. I mean, I guess it's kind of personal for me because I was so against what we did with Zeke and the Jaylon Contract and the decision with Jones. Just seemed unduly stupid to me. But again, I've been wrong a lot of times but I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong on that one. But we will see for sure.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It’s kinda my point with Surtain.

This fan base hates players like him. I mean we didn’t like Newman.. Brandon Carr we didn’t like and he wasn’t nearly as good as Newman or Jones at the top of their game but still.

These quiet guys who just do their job and we never hear from get ripped to shreds on here whenever they finally do have a bad game.

So let’s just stay away from this type and have some fun and get a flashy guy like Horn who can be as good as anyone in this league but just needs a bit of work.

This is exactly right. We are horrible about this. We, as a fanbase, are "Deion'd" if you will. We all want the next Deion and we expect that from every CB but when a guy projects to solid and not Neon, we don't value them. We take pot shots at them and end up always wanting somebody else's CB in FA. All of that is true. Good Post Catch.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is exactly right. We are horrible about this. We, as a fanbase, are "Deion'd" if you will. We all want the next Deion and we expect that from every CB but when a guy projects to solid and not Neon, we don't value them. We take pot shots at them and end up always wanting somebody else's CB in FA. All of that is true. Good Post Catch.

Imagine if we had Marlon Humphrey. A guy that Surtain draws a lot of comparisons too.

Our fan base would absolutely haaaate Marlon Humphrey but the Ravens just paid him a ton of money.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Imagine if we had Marlon Humphrey. A guy that Surtain draws a lot of comparisons too.

Our fan base would absolutely haaaate Marlon Humphrey but the Ravens just paid him a ton of money.

Oh, they'd be burning down the Star, all gnashing teeth and snorting nostrils. I mean, we've seen it over and over again.

:laugh:

LittleD

Reaction score
Odds are building that a team is going to trade up to No.8 to take Surtain.

starfan1

Reaction score
I agree, Jones is not Ramsey or the like but I think if the team had decided to keep him, they could have signed him a year earlier for less money and then you avoid a lot of problems for the team. I mean, I guess it's kind of personal for me because I was so against what we did with Zeke and the Jaylon Contract and the decision with Jones. Just seemed unduly stupid to me. But again, I've been wrong a lot of times but I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong on that one. But we will see for sure.
you are spot on. The cowboys don't always handle negotiations well.

starfan1

Reaction score
It's interesting and I'll admit that I could very well be wrong on this but, I feel like the CBs in this draft are being sold a little bit. I don't feel like the position is as good, at the top, as we've seen in the recent past. I think the guys at the top this year are maybe mid to late picks in other drafts and I think it's because their families have ties to the NFL. This is not to say that I don't think they are good players, that is not what I think. I do think they are good players but I don't think they are top 10 to 15 guys in other years. That's just my opinion.
I said same thing in another thread

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well guys, I'm on record to the point where people are probably tired of reading it. I'm Horn over Surtain but I really don't want a CB at 10 overall in any case. I like Campbell from Georgia. I like Robinson from UCF. I might even take another Georgia CB late. They got 5 and all of them are big and physical. Lots of depth at this position later in the draft. Not reaching for a Safety because there isn't one in this draft that is worth taking early IMO. I know there are a lot of TCU fans here but there just isn't. Would be a mistake to use the draft capitol to take one early IMO.

FaSho

Reaction score
I keep seeing Byron Jones... now I'm worried they'd move him to Safety.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I keep seeing Byron Jones... now I'm worried they'd move him to Safety.

I hope not. In this scheme, the FS has to be better then the CBs do, athletically. If he can't cut it at CB, it's not a great bet that he's going to be able to get it done at FS.

erod

Reaction score
His closest comparison from many is Byron Jones.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i hope Everson Walls.
unless he goes some where else.
then i hope its ron francis.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The thread title asked a specific question and you chimed in proclaiming your dislike for the question however many people currently are in this thread enjoying the topic so your response is obtuse imo!
The question is for lazy people that would rather have information fed to them rather than thinking for themselves by doing their own homework. I'm not stopping them from being lazy or participating in this ill-conceived thread but I have a right to add my 2cents to the conversation. If you don't like it you know where you can stick it, thought police.