Who's from Dallas here?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get a phone interview so I won't have to fly there for it.
You can do it all via internet I worked for the same company for 30 plus years decided to retire and apply for a job doing almost the same thing wham bam thank ya mam hired at 8.00 dollars per hr and up to 80.00 dollars per hour more than I was making Hek I even have free health insurance with no co pay

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Lots of warehouse jobs and I think they need supervisors. Cost of living here is low so it may be what you want. Just depends on your preference.
I'd love it if I can get a phone interview. Im looking to make for money and also save on living expenses so I can continue to invest in stocks.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
You can do it all via internet I worked for the same company for 30 plus years decided to retire and apply for a job doing almost the same thing wham bam thank ya mam hired at 8.00 dollars per hr and up to 80.00 dollars per hour more than I was making Hek I even have free health insurance with no co pay
What type of job lets you go form 8.00 to 80 an hour?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Lots of warehouse jobs and I think they need supervisors. Cost of living here is low so it may be what you want. Just depends on your preference.
And no state income taxes that alone is a raise even if you find a job paying a lil less plus homes are way cheaper here A home that costs 500.000 in California can be bought in Texas for around 125.000 bucks lots less in some places

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I'd need to save up a few thousand to move and hope I get a phone interview or video interview. Plus, Id have to find a church before moving too.

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
8.00 TO 80.00 Per hour more than I was making is what I said I am an Aerospace inspector/ CQE And am certified to inspect parts for Military aircraft that over 99% of the population can not even look at Including most Congressmen And Senators

Last edited:

Klingo3034

Reaction score
And no state income taxes that alone is a raise even if you find a job paying a lil less plus homes are way cheaper here A home that costs 500.000 in California can be bought in Texas for around 125.000 bucks lots less in some places

Oh yeah my aunt bought a home in New Rochelle in NY for about 500k and it was old and only had 3 bedrooms. She could get more like 6 bedrooms and maybe 5 baths with media room and extra other rooms like office or gameroom or library,etc. and also in a nicer area in TX.

Klingo3034

Reaction score

My friend's sister got a job in Lockheed Martin in Ft. Worth and she drives a Lexus and now has a big house. She lived in apartment for like a year when she moved in Ft. Worth before she moved to the big house. But I'm sure you know how things go. Your situation is different. Not everything is the same. Not everybody works at the same place.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
My friend's sister got a job in Lockheed Martin in Ft. Worth and she drives a Lexus and now has a big house. She lived in apartment for like a year when she moved in Ft. Worth before she moved to the big house. But I'm sure you know how things go. Your situation is different. Not everything is the same. Not everybody works at the same place.
I go to Lockheed to accept parts a subcontractor use to work for a place that made parts for them Lockheed pays good I get paid better

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a top 5 populated city, Dallas is an easy sell. When American Airlines was planning to relocate their HQ to DFW, they flew their management people and tenured pilots and their wives to Dallas and hooked them up with an entourage of real estate agents and a tour of the area focusing on three things, homes, schools and shopping. When they saw what the same money would buy in a house in DFW, they were sold.

I spent most of my life there, on 4 separate occasions, so I do consider it home but there were just too many people and too much traffic for my old bones so I moved to a quieter pace. But I do miss the eye candy. Don't know about your personal situation but I would put Texas women up against all the others and it is gawkers' paradise.

You have to wonder about a place with no reason to be what it is. The DFW area is the largest in the world without a port, they tried to get cute and call a massive truck stop the Super Port, just so they could claim one. If they were to do a remake of that great film "On the Waterfront", they would have to make it about a convenience store clerk fighting the distribution center.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
job stuff: post resume on job boards like indeed.com, monster.com or ziprecruiter.
this area is one of the best in the country for jobs and cost of living.

church: you will find one on every corner, not a challenge there. pick your important points in a church and you'll be able to find one to your liking.
i'd advise stonebriar community BUT it is a mega church with a fairly well to do base. https://www.stonebriar.org/home/

women: texas women are opnionated and strong willed but also tend to be conservative and very church intensive.
finding a woman at church via singles groups sounds like your best bet.

you may find a southern dallas area or FAR northern houston meets your needs great and also provides a vast array of warehouse type jobs.
costs of living will be cheaper out a ways from the city and those areas are uber conservative and old school.

Something like Waxahachie, Texas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waxahachie,_Texas

garyv

Reaction score
Dallas is kind of of the charts in that regard.
My buddies from NY and LA think its insane here

To me the downside to Dallas is no mountains or beaches nearby
It has most everything else, but geography is not the best

Yeppers just Asian Massage Parlors ;)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have experience as a production lead. I have about 5 years of supervising mostly in a warehouse.
Amazon is looking to build a new distribution center in DFW area. Several cities bidding.

Toyota built a new plant near Plano north of Dallas employing tens of thousands booming growth and Frisco has over built needing help of all kinds. Several business waiting to open because can’t hire enough help. Texas unemployment is 2.9%.

Houston is highest paying market in Texas with avg earning over 50,000 a year but climate is almost unbearable with heat and humidity.

Austin still one of the most attractive growing markets in high tech with Dell leading the way. A great college town leading the state with most college graduates per capita and most liberal culture in Texas similar to California.

Housing is affordable in most markets, no state income taxes, conservative leadership with poor govt assistant programs with health and education. Women have very few places for assistance in personal choices.

Texas is a great state for business opportunity. Definitely get more bang for your buck but if your poor not many assistant services. Schools are great in affluent surburban areas and awful in urban and smaller towns where all attend same school. A state where the rich get richer and poor poorer.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dallas is kind of of the charts in that regard.
My buddies from NY and LA think its insane here

To me the downside to Dallas is no mountains or beaches nearby
It has most everything else, but geography is not the best
Texas is blessed with copious amounts of Water as compared to other states though.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
or
you kin' even buy or rent a big beautiful Texas sized 18' wide x 80' long single wide mobile homeo_O
*seriously? Only a Texican could mentally validate that concept of "trailer living Texas style",,,SHEESE! those things are a satanically inspired god forsaken awful nightmare to hitch onto and pull interstate:rolleyes: