Who's getting cut from the D-line?

J-man

Reaction score
We currently have 12 D-lineman listed on the team. Don't think they keep more than 10 max. Who's getting cut? *Mods I'd love to see this as a poll question.

DE's:
Armstrong, Fehoko, Fowler, Golston, D-Law, Williams

DT's:
Alarcon, Bohanna, Gallimore, Hankins, Odighizuwa, Mazi

I'd have to think that Golston and Alarcon are the odds on favorites to be released.

Creeper

Reaction score
Remember too that they may be moving Parsons to DE.

I think they keep 5 DTs. Alarcon will probably be waived to the practice squad.

I think they like Golston because he can play inside or out. Right now, I think they waive Fehoko and try to move him to the practice squad too like they did last year with Ridgeway.

We also have to wait and see if there are any injuries. If Fehoko gets a hang nail they will move him to IR and keep him there for the season. If Alarcon makes the team at DT, it is a sign we are thin at that position.

This is a make or break year for Gallimore and Bohanna I think. If those two don't step up we could see one of them cut as well. I just don't think that will happen this year.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Alacon isn't long for this team, never thought he was much of a prospect when they stuck him at guard and now that his three year exemption is over and being moved to DT, his time with the Cowboys is almost over and it's a make or break year for Gallimore, he was in the dog house last year for a long while and unless he makes tremendous strides in training camp and in the preseason, I think he's on his way out as well..

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Fehoko probably ends up on PS, Alarcon is cut and the last two spots are down to Gallimore, Bohanna and Colston.

My guess is Gallimore gets cut but it's really a toss up.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We currently have 12 D-lineman listed on the team. Don't think they keep more than 10 max. Who's getting cut? *Mods I'd love to see this as a poll question.

DE's:

DT's:

I'd have to think that Golston and Alarcon are the odds on favorites to be released.
Gallimore and Bohanna. Both these players saw their playing time go down last year and essentially Mazi and Fehoko drafted to replace them.

Alarcon also will be cut, but he's not really a consideration, just an exempt player being given a chance to fill a camp role.

Carson

Reaction score
DE - TANK, ARMSTRONG, Williams, Fowler, Wheat

DT - OSA, MAZI, Hankins, Fehoko, Golston

Alarcon is out without the roster exemption. Bohanna is likely out as Mazi and Hankins play the 1. Gallimore would be my last guess if we needed one more body. as he only plays the 3, but Golston and Fehoko can play DE and DT.

Always remember this team loves POSITION FLEX. Guys like Golston, Fehoko and Wheat will make the 53 because they can play DE and DT.

Isaiah Land is another name who I believe makes the 53. But he likely slides to off ball linebacker until he can beef up. Super light at DE like Azur Kamara was without the “AZZZZUUURRRR” chants from his mother

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

I think they like Golston because he can play inside or out. Right now, I think they waive Fehoko and try to move him to the practice squad too like they did last year with Ridgeway.

We also have to wait and see if there are any injuries. If Fehoko gets a hang nail they will move him to IR and keep him there for the season. If Alarcon makes the team at DT, it is a sign we are thin at that position.

This is a make or break year for Gallimore and Bohanna I think. If those two don't step up we could see one of them cut as well. I just don't think that will happen this year.
Parsons isn't moving to DE, he's staying at linebacker where they can move him all over the defensive line so offenses can't direct protection against him....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DE's:

DT's:

Alarcon has about as much chance of making this team as Josh Ball does - none.

And I’d say that drafting Mazi means that they haven’t gotten what they had hoped from Bohanna.

blueblood70

Reaction score

wont work

lesson learned Fehoko is grabbed the day you try and put him there much like ridgeway. Camp will work out who gets cut as usualy these way too early questions before any real football pads come on and we get our first look at some of these players. BTW without Watkins here there was already a spot open. this was one payer that got soem higher grades from daft pundits. he wont clear the PS.

will be tough cut like Gallimore or someone we thought would be there might not. we should see the best from NG knowing hes on the bubble. big bo as well..hes a candidate.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I have to believe Alarcon is a long shot to make the team. Gallimore would be my second most likely to get cut candidate. I'm a fan but have to believe Bohanna needs to show something to justify them keeping 3 true 1techs on the roster.

I would be pretty shocked to see Golston cut to be honest. He can line up at multiple positions and showed some value on passing downs.

Carson

Reaction score
I have to believe Alarcon is a long shot to make the team. Gallimore would be my second most likely to get cut candidate. I'm a fan but have to believe Bohanna needs to show something to justify them keeping 3 true 1techs on the roster.

I would be pretty shocked to see Golston cut to be honest. He can line up at multiple positions and showed some value on passing downs.
Golston can play in this league. He just gets limited reps. He was one of the few bright points at Washington last year

Londonboy

Reaction score
If Alarcon still has a roster exemption He stays. Gallimore, Bohanna and Golston are probably fighting for 1 or 2 roster spots, Fehoko will have one of those mysterious TC injuries that keep Him out all year, but still allow Him to spend the year bulking up in the weight room for a move to 3t.

Carson

Reaction score
If Alarcon still has a roster exemption He stays. Gallimore, Bohanna and Golston are probably fighting for 1 or 2 roster spots, Fehoko will have one of those mysterious TC injuries that keep Him out all year, but still allow Him to spend the year bulking up in the weight room for a move to 3t.
His exemption is over with. He counts towards the roster now

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

DE's:

DT's:

As part of the international players program, Alarcon qualifies for a practice squad exemption (extra PS spot). They lose nothing by keeping him on the PS, so he's easy.

Gallimore should be concerned, given he was a healthy inactive at times last season.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

DE's:

DT's:

Golston started stepping up at the end of last year...