Who's getting cut from the D-line?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm not counting on Parsons for these numbers, he will count against the LB's numbers. But he will be involved for sure.
I don't think they will risk moving Fehoko to the ps and losing him like they did Ridgway.
If Alarcon can be moved to the ps he will, if not he's cut.

I see 2 SS DEs in Lawerence and Armstrong. (Power)
I see 2 WS DEs in Williams and Fowler (Speed)
I see 2 3T DTs in Odighizuwa and Gallimore (Speed)
I see 2 1T DTs in Mazi and Hankins (Power)
I think that leaves 2 other spots. Do they keep both of the tweeners in Fehoko and Golston? If it were me, I'd keep Bohanna over Golston. IMO, if you have an injury inside at 1T, it's much harder to find a replacement later in the season than it is to find a tweener later.

I personally don't see the reason for the amount of love that Golston gets on this page. He has never been anything but average at best. He isn't good enough to beat out any DE or DT in front of him on the depth chart, yet ya'll think he's a keeper because "he has position flex". BFD So does Fehoko and I think he was brought in specifically to be an upgrade over Golston.
They tried to trade Gallimore last season before the trade deadline and he has a roster bonus this year if he's here wk 1.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We currently have 12 D-lineman listed on the team. Don't think they keep more than 10 max. Who's getting cut? *Mods I'd love to see this as a poll question.

DE's:
Armstrong, Fehoko, Fowler, Golston, D-Law, Williams

DT's:
Alarcon, Bohanna, Gallimore, Hankins, Odighizuwa, Mazi

I'd have to think that Golston and Alarcon are the odds on favorites to be released.
I'd say Alarcon, Bohanna and Gallimore are the odd men out with Fehoko possibly going to PS.

Golston has played well with limited opportunities. His issues may be they don't have a position for him. But he's done everything they've asked of him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep, guess it's Hasta la Vista, Baby.... to Sr. Alarcon. If i were Gallimore or Bohanna I wouldn't be signing any 12 month leases at this point.
Gallimore just needs to have a good preseason. I think they want him to work. He just hasn't shown enough for them. A good camp and preseason could save his job.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fehoko is a project. He is a less flexible Bradley Anae. They want to move him to tackle because he will not make it as a DE in the NFL. I just do not see them cutting Gallimore or Bohanna for a project player like Fehoko.

But like I said, someone will undoubtedly get some kind of injury by the time the final cut day arrives and whoever that is will hit IR faster than Jerry hits a snifter of brandy.
IMO hes more like Armstrong...hes not getting past the PS , we will see whose correct..NV its me :))

Carson

Reaction score
Fehoko is a project. He is a less flexible Bradley Anae. They want to move him to tackle because he will not make it as a DE in the NFL. I just do not see them cutting Gallimore or Bohanna for a project player like Fehoko.

But like I said, someone will undoubtedly get some kind of injury by the time the final cut day arrives and whoever that is will hit IR faster than Jerry hits a snifter of brandy.
Staff loves him. He was hand picked by Quinn, Shariff Floyd and Durden

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Golston can play in this league. He just gets limited reps. He was one of the few bright points at Washington last year
Yeah, I think Quinn and the team like Golston way more than the fan base does.

He was moved to 3T last year and improved a lot as the year went along. Like you mentioned, by the end of the season and the playoffs, he was playing pretty well.

Not to mention the flex he has that can be useful to a team making an active game day roster.

As far as who’s cut… my guess is Bohanna, Gallimore, and Alcaron for certain. Land and maybe wheat go to the practice squad unless they blow up in camp.

It’ll be interesting to watch what happens in August.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'd say Alarcon, Bohanna and Gallimore are the odd men out with Fehoko possibly going to PS.

Golston has played well with limited opportunities. His issues may be they don't have a position for him. But he's done everything they've asked of him.
The only way they expose Fehoko to the waiver wire is if he totally bombs. He's a 4th round pick that Quinn was pounding the table for.

J-man

Reaction score
Gallimore has fallen out of favor. Golston's position flex and the draft capital spent on Fehoko give them a legit chance to stick as DL #8 and #9.
So in your opinion Golston is a better 3T than Gallimore? Sorry I just don't see it. And he definitely isn't a better DE than any of the others.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Gholston isn't getting cut lol. This will be similar to people arguing me up and down that Mukuamu and Donovan would get cut for Bell :laugh:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So in your opinion Golston is a better 3T than Gallimore? Sorry I just don't see it. And he definitely isn't a better DE than any of the others.
Gallimore is not good.

At all.

I'd split up the 3Tech reps between Osa, Golston, Mazi, Fehoko, and Tank (on passing downs). Defense will be fine.

blueblood70

Reaction score
maybe not better but a huge bunched together players who play on similar levels at the same positions. so, then you go to cost, upside and health.. Gallimore could be on the block over his inability to stay healthy. if its close, you take healthy more available player.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think two of those DT’s get cut. Lawrence and Golston can play inside.

I’ll go with Gallimore and Alarcon.

Mr_437

Reaction score
DE: Micah, DLaw, Sam, DA, Fowler Fehoko
DT: Big Hank, Osa, Mazi, Golston

At DE, it's a numbers game Takk is going to lose at unless some kind of way he outperforms Fowler.

At DT, with two guys that can play NT Bohanna is on a serious bubble. Neville hasn't put it all together in Dallas, and literally 5 guys DQ can put at 3T in certain situations Gally is on the outside looking in right now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We currently have 12 D-lineman listed on the team. Don't think they keep more than 10 max. Who's getting cut? *Mods I'd love to see this as a poll question.

DE's:
Armstrong, Fehoko, Fowler, Golston, D-Law, Williams

DT's:
Alarcon, Bohanna, Gallimore, Hankins, Odighizuwa, Mazi

I'd have to think that Golston and Alarcon are the odds on favorites to be released.
Whomever does the worst in training camp.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only way they expose Fehoko to the waiver wire is if he totally bombs. He's a 4th round pick that Quinn was pounding the table for.
I can see that. But if they are deep there someone will have to be a casualty. A lot of those guys were draft compensation.