Who's in favor of burying the Wildcat?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who's in favor of burrying the Wildcat?​

That was God awful. Pull that out of the playbook and burn it.
Unless the Cowboys can figure out how to use it successfully then it should be canned.

What they did today looked like the first time they have ever tried it and was pretty embarrassing.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m don’t pretend to be an offensive coordinator.

I’m m guessing that the Cowboys, like a lot of other teams, have it in their playbook for a reason.

Maybe it pays off at some point.

Would be interested in a non-emotional reaction that is based on two plays in the last 15 hours.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think he may have been trying to setup a pass play out of the wildcat.

Anyway, you can play with some stuff when you're up big, but maybe not the right time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aAF10dv.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People people people.. This was about putting something on film that upcoming opponents will have to prepare for .. nothing more nothing less. I didn't have a problem with it the first time because I think it was misread by the back. Maybe the second time they convinced Big Mac that they had it worked out and he believed them. LOL!
I posted in several threads and in the game day thread.
I think MM as experimenting in the 1st half on some plays as well as play calls.

I think we see this again at some point. And possibly the RB throwing a pass.
They will not tear the page out of the playbook, or I guess nowadays, delete it from the tablets.
Though I think they should.

CoachD

Reaction score
It was a really good time to try something different when it comes to the running game and I think doing it against the Panthers was a good choice but they found out that it doesn't even work against bad teams so it's time to put it back in the vault!

erod

Reaction score
It works for nobody. I don't know why teams do it.

Reactions: CWR

erod

Reaction score
People people people.. This was about putting something on film that upcoming opponents will have to prepare for .. nothing more nothing less. I didn't have a problem with it the first time because I think it was misread by the back. Maybe the second time they convinced Big Mac that they had it worked out and he believed them. LOL!
Lol, you think nobody has seen those same plays fail on every team that runs them?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I was ok with it, they just didn't execute it well......at all. I think it's great to mix up plays and give defenses different looks.

My only issue with it is they tried it again shortly thereafter. Clearly Carolina didn't bite on it the first time, so maybe shelve it for another time instead of 10 minutes later. lol

Gambit

Reaction score
Agree with putting it on tape. The 2nd attempt had a different wrinkle for teams to consider now too

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Instead of pulling it from the playbook, practice more and learn how to make it successful. Don’t go immediately to give up.

Good play, and we never see it again. So it seems.
Bad play, and we never see it again.
Pretty soon we run out of plays.
This.