Who's the MVP?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It’ll go to Lamar at this point.

I’d personally vote for Tyreek or Myles Garrett

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Remember when Purdy lost three straight without his left tackle and Deebo at midseason?

For Purdy that was filed under "reason". For a quarterback that wears a star on his helmet that would be filed under "no excuse!!!!"

Jayinem

Reaction score
Remember when Purdy lost three straight without his left tackle and Deebo at midseason?

For Purdy that was filed under "reason". For a quarterback that wears a star on his helmet that would be filed under "no excuse!!!!"
I like though that Purdy said "I have to play better" unlike Hurts last week who threw 2 INTs in the 4th quarter and then said "our team is not dedicated enough"

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Dak just lost two in a row and stunk in one of them he is out. You don't give MVP to someone who gets the #5 seed especially when the division was very winnable but we choked.
Normally yes but there's no clear cut leader in teh clubhouse. If he puts up two big games, he's right back in the conversation.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I mean from a pure statistical standpoint Dak and his 30-7 TD-pick ratio should make him the favorite among QB's for MVP. But without a signature win it's going to very hard for the leader of the number five seed to get the award.

And since the overall QB play around the NFL has not been superb, I think this is the perfect year to give it to another position. McCaffrey and Tyreek Hill have a real shot.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
No team is having a dominant year. Baltimore just separated themselves from the pack, but we’ve seen Baltimore under Lamar Jackson win the #1 seed and flame out early in the playoffs before. Plus, Lamar statistically is nowhere close to his previous MVP season. Baltimore has the best defense in the NFL, but no single player is even in contention for DPOY.

Out of the next tier of top teams, you have San Fran and Miami, who both have the two highest rated QBs this season (Purdy 1, Tua 2) and skill players head and shoulders above their peers (McCaffrey and Hill). Purdy still has great numbers, but he picked a terrible time to have the worst game of his career. Also, McCaffrey is 400 yards ahead of the next RB, but he’s also 600 yards behind where Derrick Henry was a few seasons ago when Henry didn’t win MVP. Also, Hill will likely come up short of Calvin Johnson’s record in 17 games, while Cooper Kupp had a better season than Hill in just 16 games and Kupp didn’t win MVP.

There’s still time for a sleeper to emerge in the race. Josh Allen has the Bills rolling right now, despite starting the season off shaky with a bunch of turnovers. Allen is playing better than anyone in the league right now and might get the Bills a Super Bowl this year, but he’ll probably be penalized for not being as consistent as the other MVP candidates.

I also don’t see a defensive player winning it. Garrett and Parsons need 10 sacks in 2 games to break any records. And their defenses have been abused at times this year. Watt is putting up big numbers, but is #3 in the DPOY odds and not even on the map for MVP odds.

TL;DR no players are having historic seasons, no teams are dominant, and there’s still room for a sleeper to emerge.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Lamar stepped over Dak, who's had a couple nationally televised blunders,
and shoved Purdy aside, with the help of his defense, and now sits atop
the MVP mountain.

Like it, or not, it's a QB only award.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Have a group of players go to the award ceremony and announce right in their faces "The award for MVP goes to, no one. No one was good enough for this award this year. Better luck next year."

mldardy

Reaction score
Normally yes but there's no clear cut leader in teh clubhouse. If he puts up two big games, he's right back in the conversation.
Add to that if they win the division too. Then yeah he has to be considered. Things can change in a week as we saw with Dak and Purdy.

mldardy

Reaction score
Lamar stepped over Dak, who's had a couple nationally televised blunders,
and shoved Purdy aside, with the help of his defense, and now sits atop
the MVP mountain.

Like it, or not, it's a QB only award.
Not this again. Lord have mercy. :facepalm:

diamonddelts

Reaction score

That is true.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I would like to see Tyreek Hill get it. I am not sure the Dolphins win vs us without Hills. We constantly gave him 10 yard cushions and made easy throws for their QB. But u can make a case for CMac. I watch Purdy play yesterday I've seen so many short passes and screens go for big yardage due to their players and scheme. Purdy shouldn't get it over CMac or even Trent Williams.

John813

Reaction score
IMO it should be CMC the way the QB's are ******** the bed.

Tyreek could of been the winner had he not suffered that injury/reached over 2k yards