Who's the MVP?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Remember when Purdy lost three straight without his left tackle and Deebo at midseason?

For Purdy that was filed under "reason". For a quarterback that wears a star on his helmet that would be filed under "no excuse!!!!"
Exactly I love how everyone of the commentators mention well Trent Williams went out. Ummmmm Brock threw like 3 int's when Trent was still in the game lol.

Lets be clear if that was Dak he would be getting creamed by everyone on every news network right now.

Jayinem

Reaction score
CMC in 2nd and a name no one in this thread has mentioned Tua in 3rd.

2023-24 NFL MVP ODDS: *

Lamar Jackson, Ravens: -170 (bet $10 to win $15.88 total)
Christian McCaffrey, 49ers: +470 (bet $10 to win $57 total)
Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins: +900 (bet $10 to win $100 total)
Josh Allen, Bills: +1300 (bet $10 to win $140 total)
Brock Purdy, 49ers: +1300 (bet $10 to win $140 total)
Dak Prescott, Cowboys: +1900 (bet $10 to win $200 total)
Tyreek Hill, Dolphins: +2200 (bet $10 to win $230 total)
Jalen Hurts, Eagles: +3000 (bet $10 to win $310 total)
Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs: +6000 (bet $10 to win $610 total)

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I mean from a pure statistical standpoint Dak and his 30-7 TD-pick ratio should make him the favorite among QB's for MVP. But without a signature win it's going to very hard for the leader of the number five seed to get the award.

And since the overall QB play around the NFL has not been superb, I think this is the perfect year to give it to another position. McCaffrey and Tyreek Hill have a real shot.
Purdy, Tua and Dak have been the top 3 rated QBs almost all season. Dallas has one more loss and has lost to both teams. Given that MVP is typically awarded to a QB (or offensive player) on a top team, I think the head-to-head will disqualify Dak from the race.

I think Purdy blew his chance at MVP. Not only did SF lose to the other 3-loss Baltimore, but Purdy threw 0 TDs and 4 INTs. With only two weeks left in the season, it’s too late for Purdy to recover from a loss like that.

At this point, it’s probably down to Lamar, McCaffrey and Hill.

Given that Lamar hasn’t had a great statistical season, I can see Lamar easily dropping out of the race with a poor game and/or loss down the stretch.

If McCaffrey or Hill win it, it’ll come down to how their teams finish the season and/or if one of them can break a record. McCaffrey needs 800 rushing yards in 2 games to break any records, which isn’t happening. Hill needs about 300 yards in 2 games, which is much more likely. If Miami finishes with 4 losses and Hill breaks Calvin Johnson’s record, it’ll be really hard not to give it to Hill.

The Natural

Reaction score
Between Tyreek and CMC, the gap (statistically) is far greater between them and whoever is #2 at their respective positions than QB where nobody has set themselves apart from the pack. I have the same issue with Tua that I do with Purdy, I looked at the skilled positions and see guys being more dominant. That said, since this is a QB centric award Lamar can probably put it away with a 3-4 TD game and a win against Miami.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
I think it will likely go to Lamar but I think Tyreek and McCaffrey will also be in play with Dak actually having an outside shot as well if he plays well the last two weeks and the Eagles drop one more game.

I think Lamar’s stats are pretty low but Gus and their running backs do vulture a ton of touchdowns in the red zone. I think largely this is one of the weakest fields for MVP candidates we have seen in a while which is why players like Tyreek CmC are actually legitimate candidates this year.

I also have to think back to the off-season when Lamar was available for trade. Not a single teams approached the Ravens for a trade by all reports, including QB dumpsters like Atlanta while those same gaggle of teams were willing to give up 3 firsts for Watson, 2 for Wilson, multiple firsts for Bryce Young (that’s hindsight of course but the draft is still always a crapshoot as everyone knows). I think the Ravens would have matched any but the most outrageous offers but it’s still pathetic that no one even kicked the tires.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Remember when Purdy lost three straight without his left tackle and Deebo at midseason?

For Purdy that was filed under "reason". For a quarterback that wears a star on his helmet that would be filed under "no excuse!!!!"
Purdy is making $870k this year. Dak is making $40 million average per year on this contract.

If/when Purdy ever makes $40 million a year he'll be getting the no excuses treatment also

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's why I don't think any QB should be MVP, he has 19td and 7 ints, those aren't MVP numbers
Hopefully it's not just about numbers.. Jackson is extremely valuable to his team and has guided them to the best record in the league, a distinction they absolutely would not hold without him. I think Dak can creep back into the conversation with a great showing against Detroit but at this point I think it's Jackson's to lose.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I don't think any QB is playing at an MVP level this year. Purdy was the favorite, but after last night, he shouldn't be anymore. It's either McCaffrey, or should be awarded to a defensive player this year
I haven't seen every team play, but from what I've seen, I think Christian McCaffrey has played amazing. I wish he were a Cowboy.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I haven't seen every team play, but from what I've seen, I think Christian McCaffrey has played amazing. I wish he were a Cowboy.
He also played through injury for a 3-4 game stretch which I think weighs heavily with the voters as well. If I had a vote it would go to him..

RoboQB

Reaction score
Lamar is on top of the MVP mountain sticking his foot in the face
of those trying to climb it.
5 TD passes and only 3 incompletions. Perfect QB Rating of 158.3.