Whose to blame for the last 3 play calls of our season

ItzKelz

Reaction score
We had not been able to run all night!
who decides that with the game on the line that running all of a sudden is a good thing to do?
Are you freaking kidding me!!!!????
Dak is freaking picking their defense apart and you call back to back runs when Zeke is averaging under 3 yards a carry???!!!
I dont freaking get it....

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I read comment on this board about scoring "too early" I chuckled under my breath. This coaching staff cannot be trusted to score AT ALL much less too early. Sure enough they were too stupid for their own good, and I wasn't surprised. Got way too cute.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Those were some stupid play calls. The run with our 100 million dollar useless back was not working all game, and what do we do? We run it not once but TWICE. Then we throw to him to like he has been some receiver threat all season or something. Cooper and Dak deserve better than this coaching staff and team.
Dak needed to audible out of that 3rd down crapfest play.

BigTx66

Reaction score
Our passing game was on fire.

Sometime coaches outsmart themselves.

Not on this team.....you have to be intelligent and "smart" to be able to outsmart yourself. Clapper/Spitter (Garrett) is dumb as a stump and is a perfect fit for PT Barnum (Jones), as a idiot talking head. Can't answer a straight question or show any emotion over screwing up another win-able game.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It does not matter, I am looking forward to joining the Giants and Commanders on Travelocity, planning for the off-season. Poorly ran organization.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with the 2nd down play call, though if I was going to run it in that situation it would have been an option where Dak could have kept it if he wanted to.

The next 2 play calls were baffling at best considering Zeke hadn't done squat the entire 2nd half and hasn't been involved in the passing game much the entire season.

They also mismanaged the clock in the last 2:30 of that game. Rushing 2 plays before the 2-minute warning from the 20 was dumb. Dak was able to overcome it but in the end, the staff did them in.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Zeke was averaging 3 yards a carry. He has 2 down to get 2 TOTAL yards. It was the right play call. If they had passed and taken a sack or had a holding penalty you guys would all be saying why pass the ball when you have the best Oline in football you have the best RB in football and you have 3 downs to get 2 yards. I get that we are all upset. But see it for what it is. Be mad that it did not work out. But don't be mad at the play calling when you have 20/20 hindsight.

Pokeness

Reaction score
What about Austin's fair catch of the punt? He could have got 15 yards and got out of bounds easy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's Garretts responsibility to see that handing the ball to Zeke isn't working and to do something about it. Allowing it to continue is on him, 100%.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Hmmmm?

They were committed to/and successfully stopping Zeke tonight.

If only we had a mobile quarterback who excels at play action, zone reads, and roll out plays.

snadler

Reaction score
Zeke was averaging 3 yards a carry. He has 2 down to get 2 TOTAL yards. It was the right play call. If they had passed and taken a sack or had a holding penalty you guys would all be saying why pass the ball when you have the best Oline in football you have the best RB in football and you have 3 downs to get 2 yards. I get that we are all upset. But see it for what it is. Be mad that it did not work out. But don't be mad at the play calling when you have 20/20 hindsight.

I completely disagree with you as done pretty much everyone, and I don’t think it’s hindsight, Zeke was being stuffed all night, Dak was on fire, even if you are going to run, a QB sneak would have been better. It was a horrible play call especially on 3rd down and on 4th how are you not looking for Amari or Cobb..again it’s horrible, and it’s foolish to defend it

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
2nd and 2 from the 10 yard line was where this season ended..sure they might win some more. But who’s fault was that..Minny couldn’t stop the pass

Personally, I think garrett told him to run it.

But I am biased. :lmao2::lmao:

Fontaine

Reaction score
Moore/Garrett got to cute/cocky with that third down run. It was piss poor playcalling.

I don’t know how you can be cocky when you run game was getting its butt kicked all damn game. I’d understand if they had 150 yards on the ground or something, but when your RB is averaging 2 ypc and Dak is throwing the ball great, you don’t run the damn ball.