Why all the love for Gibbs?

JTnNC

Reaction score
I read frequently of what a great person Joe Gibbs is? You dont win 3 Super Bowls without being a great coach but what does he do to make everyone talk about what a good person he is. From what I see he is a sour sour man when he looses. He rufused to shake Parcells hand after we beat the Skins and the wat he acted after Tampa Bay beat the Skins today was possibly warrented after his defense let down like that but was no characteristic of good sportmanship. And that comment about Dallas fans being so ugly was one to remember, joke or not. Plus would any true class act work for Dan Snyder?

Im just looking for someone to enlighten me on what he has done to get this reputation for being such a good classy man.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
JTnNC said:
I read frequently of what a great person Joe Gibbs is? You dont win 3 Super Bowls without being a great coach but what does he do to make everyone talk about what a good person he is. From what I see he is a sour sour man when he looses. He rufused to shake Parcells hand after we beat the Skins and the wat he acted after Tampa Bay beat the Skins today was possibly warrented after his defense let down like that but was no characteristic of good sportmanship. And that comment about Dallas fans being so ugly was one to remember, joke or not. Plus would any true class act work for Dan Snyder?

Im just looking for someone to enlighten me on what he has done to get this reputation for being such a good classy man.

Joe Gibbs is one of those coaches that doesnt cuss, doesnt yell, etc. He is a very well mannered guy, which is why everyone likes him.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
He such a cute little man.... lol........but he's the biggest whinner in the NFL

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I respect Gibbs the coach.

There is little doubt he is turning that organization around.

NFC East on the rise. Slandering Gibbs is childish. Great coach.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
So much for the theory that Gibbs knows how to go for the throat, is a better coach than Parcells and that his teams don't blow late leads.

JTnNC

Reaction score
Nors said:

Please tell me how pointing out some of his less classy moments and asking how he got this rep. is slandering him?

If I wanted to slander him I would say he is the closest thing to the "face of the Commanders", I am a Dallas fan...By definition and for no other reason I hate him to his soul.

playit12

Reaction score
I've seen him whine about calls made during the game at press conferences, which to me, is the hallmark of a bad coach. BP has had his share of bad calls, but at the end of the game he respects the refs and the sport too much to cry about perceived bad calls.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
"is childish"........That coming from you Sir is hilarious.....Thanks for the laugh

Reaction score
playit12 said:
I've seen him whine about calls made during the game at press conferences, which to me, is the hallmark of a bad coach. BP has had his share of bad calls, but at the end of the game he respects the refs and the sport too much to cry about perceived bad calls.

...Okay bad coach is a bit much. By no means is he a bad coach. 3 superbowl rings says enough about this statement.

The Curly One

Reaction score
I always like Coach Gibbs until he refused to shake Parcells hand. I think that was in poor taste. Nobody likes to lose but you have to be a good sport when you do. Also I do not like excuses, now he acts like it is a bad call or some other bull when they lose but not his fault. The fact is sometimes you just get outplayed and lose to a better team.
Still his record in the NFL speaks for itself and he has made the Foreskins a much better team than they have been in years. Curly

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Nors said:

Uhhh what about when he "slandered" cowboy fans? Its ok for you to talk bad about Cowboys players and coaches ......... but we are childish if we point out his Crybabyness? Now I see why noone can stand you on this board.

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
So much for the theory that Gibbs knows how to go for the throat, is a better coach than Parcells and that his teams don't blow late leads.

Maybe you missed the three games this year where we didn't go for the throat and blew late leads...

That whole thing about shaking parcells hand is so overblown its ridiculous. Gibbs is a great coach, well mannered, and classy. Whether or not he is a better coach than parcells is less cut and dry. Just because we hate the Commanders doesnt mean you can't recognize the fact that he's a hall of fame coach who has earned the reputation he has.

Trip

Reaction score
He was 5-11 last year with a team that was expected to compete.

Will probably end up around 8-8 this year.

It ain't the 70's no more.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JTnNC said:
Please tell me how pointing out some of his less classy moments and asking how he got this rep. is slandering him?

If I wanted to slander him I would say he is the closest thing to the "face of the Commanders", I am a Dallas fan...By definition and for no other reason I hate him to his soul.
He doesn't understand what slander is. I have repeatedly pointed out to him that slander is orally speaking ill of someone in a way that damages them.

For there to be slander it has to be injuriuous to his person in a very tangible way. The things here are written. That eliminates slander right away.

BTW, the things written here are not libel either because they are opinions.

JTnNC

Reaction score
But how did he get the name of being such a good guy? Great Coach...yes.No question. Had he accepted the offer to coach the Cowboys it would have been a slap in the face to the Skins and if he had made a winner here then it would have changed the way I look at him. I am not debating weather or not he can coach, I am asking for specific details on his reputation. It just seems that he is annionted this call line, " The classy Joe Gibbs", why? His first stint in the NFL I was a little young to look at him as anything else besides a enemy. Now that he's back I dont see this great gentleman he is made out to be.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Gibbs is a good man. He has a very moral & defined character. He gives tons of money to charities and doesn't want the publicity. He is a devoted Father and Husband. He is also devoted to his Faith and that takes a back seat to nothing. The man is a very good man and a very good coach.

That being said, I hope he loses the rest of his games this year.

I hate the Commanders!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
70's - LOL

Gibbs has won Super Bowls, and yes he's the enemy but his organization and team is going in the right direction. I know thats not cool to say but thats fact.

Fact is we are with Parcells a step ahead of him.....