Why all the negativity?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kraft doesn’t get any credit for hiring the Hoodie ? When he hired him he was a failed head coach during his time in Cleveland.... Kraft doesn’t get any credit for his relationships with the Hoodie and GOAT that kept them happy and in NE for all those winning years ? Owner Jerry poisoned his relationship with Jimmy after 3 or 4 years ? And hasn’t won since...
Do you honestly believe Kraft hired Bill because he's a genius and knew Bill was going to turn a #199 draft pick into the g.o.a.t.?...or was he just ridiculously lucky?
And if Kraft gets credit for hiring Bill, who had NFL experience, why doesn't Jerry get credit for hiring Jimmy, a college coach? Jerry wasn't the only one poisoning that relationship, BTW. Jimmy wasn't just an innocent bystander in their breakup.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe Kraft hired Bill because he's a genius and knew Bill was going to turn a #199 draft pick into the g.o.a.t.?...or was he just ridiculously lucky?
And if Kraft gets credit for hiring Bill, who had NFL experience, why doesn't Jerry get credit for hiring Jimmy, a college coach? Jerry wasn't the only one poisoning that relationship, BTW. Jimmy wasn't just an innocent bystander in their breakup.
Hard fact: Jimmy was leaving no matter what.
He said so himself.

Jerry didn't help matters, but he was gone gone.

Big_D

Reaction score
I know. I do seem to remember some coaching and drafting and trades helped out a lot too - like the Great Train Robbery Herschel Walker trade. Jimmy said that the trade was just half of it; that the real genius was selecting the right players with all those picks. I miss Jimmy.

I miss him and the attitude and confidence that team had. That 92 team IMO is the best ever. I'd put them up against anybody! Just so difficult to see the flip side of that coin. No attitude or confidence or success for so long. To go from that to the current state of things.. terrible.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Again, you want to be like Crash, and you’re well on your way, more power to you. Being a whiner about anything Cowboys is not how I want to be.
but you are the true hater, you expect everyone on here to live blindly about anything Cowboys. It's a sad way to go through life. Hating how someone else thinks about something. Sad.

You know what is bad, most of us Dak haters don't hate Dak. We probably dislike the Dak homers love fest of Dak more than we dislike Dak.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
but you are the true hater, you expect everyone on here to live blindly about anything Cowboys. It's a sad way to go through life. Hating how someone else thinks about something. Sad.
54-house-head-nodgif

MaineBoy

Reaction score

Jerry gets credit for hiring Jimmy...which is the last smart thing Jerry has done in the last 25 years...

nobody said Kraft knew Bill was a genius when he hired him. But he took a chance on a coach with a losing head coaching record...it turned our pretty well and he deserves credit for taking the chance, and keeping things going. Your boyfriend Jerry, not so much.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's funny that some of you think comparing us to some of the worst run franchises in the league somehow justifies what a great job Jerry is doing. Hahahaha.

And for the record, over the same 25 year period the Jets have won 7 playoff games to our 4. The Vikings have 8 playoff wins to our 4.

At least the Lions have zero playoff wins and the Skins only 2 playoff wins over that time period. So we got those two joke franchises beat!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry gets credit for hiring Jimmy...which is the last smart thing Jerry has done in the last 25 years...

nobody said Kraft knew Bill was a genius when he hired him. But he took a chance on a coach with a losing head coaching record...it turned our pretty well and he deserves credit for taking the chance, and keeping things going. Your boyfriend Jerry, not so much.
You really wanna start throwing insults?

Look, I never said Jerry was a great GM. On the contrary, I stated that his biggest problem is probably that he thinks he's better than he is. (Granted, I used a metaphor about a guy knowing some martial arts, so maybe you couldn't grasp that.)

My whole point is simply that all team owners get lucky when they happen to hire the right coach at the right time, and there's not a lot of skill involved in that decision. Sometimes there's a known good coach available, and sometimes a coach happens to hit on the right set of circumstances, but the most brilliance any owner can achieve is to have the fortune to be able to capitalize on it, and I choose to stay positive and think that it could and will happen here again someday.

Big_D

Reaction score
It's funny that some of you think comparing us to some of the worst run franchises in the league somehow justifies what a great job Jerry is doing. Hahahaha.

And for the record, over the same 25 year period the Jets have won 7 playoff games to our 4. The Vikings have 8 playoff wins to our 4.

At least the Lions have zero playoff wins and the Skins only 2 playoff wins over that time period. So we got those two joke franchises beat!

Comparing them to bottom feeders while bragging about popularity and quality tv ratings?! That's the current state of things. Been that way for awhile now. At least they're not.... 'insert any crap team in football'!

MaineBoy

Reaction score
You really wanna start throwing insults?

Look, I never said Jerry was a great GM. On the contrary, I stated that his biggest problem is probably that he thinks he's better than he is. (Granted, I used a metaphor about a guy knowing some martial arts, so maybe you couldn't grasp that.)

My whole point is simply that all team owners get lucky when they happen to hire the right coach at the right time, and there's not a lot of skill involved in that decision. Sometimes there's a known good coach available, and sometimes a coach happens to hit on the right set of circumstances, but the most brilliance any owner can achieve is to have the fortune to be able to capitalize on it, and I choose to stay positive and think that it could and will happen here again someday.

Jeez...I grasped your martial arts metaphor...why you gotta say that and hurt my feelings ?
Now about your boyfriend, Jerry....his record as an owner hiring coaches since Jimmy 25 years ago ranges from many retreads to awful - Garrett, Campo, Gailey, Switzer even using Jimmy’s team embarrassed himself and Jerry after the first year....And he only hired Parcels to get his new stadium built but then screwed that up by foisting TO on him...I’m sorry but the facts and track record tell us it will not happen again while Jerry runs the show...because Jerry needs to have all the attention and credit and can’t tolerate a strong coach; so he NEEDS retreads who need another chance or weak first timers. There is no salary cap for coaches or GMs or front office people - imagine what could have been ?

MaineBoy

Reaction score

Hey, when your drunk genius owner tells the media and public that 500 coaches other than Jimmy could have won the Super Bowl with that team....by the way, the team that Jimmy built...Jerry went low and he went public...and he is still paying for it...lol.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Hey, when your drunk genius owner tells the media and public that 500 coaches other than Jimmy could have won the Super Bowl with that team....by the way, the team that Jimmy built...Jerry went low and he went public...and he is still paying for it...lol.
I'm looking for a school that teaches stupid Would you be able to give me a reference to one?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jeez...I grasped your martial arts metaphor...why you gotta say that and hurt my feelings ?
Now about your boyfriend, Jerry....his record as an owner hiring coaches since Jimmy 25 years ago ranges from many retreads to awful - Garrett, Campo, Gailey, Switzer even using Jimmy’s team embarrassed himself and Jerry after the first year....And he only hired Parcels to get his new stadium built but then screwed that up by foisting TO on him...I’m sorry but the facts and track record tell us it will not happen again while Jerry runs the show...because Jerry needs to have all the attention and credit and can’t tolerate a strong coach; so he NEEDS retreads who need another chance or weak first timers. There is no salary cap for coaches or GMs or front office people - imagine what could have been ?
Retreads and first timers are all there are. Those are the only two choices. How many coaches have brought more than one team to the SB? How many have even brought one team to multiple SBs? Jerry definitely wants to make more decisions than he should, and that makes it harder to find a coach who can succeed while making room for Jerry, but he seems to be giving up some of his control the past few years, and maybe Mike can be the guy who gets to lead this team to #6...or more.

But hey, if you wanna be negative and expect the worst, that's your prerogative. Have fun.

ESisback

Reaction score
Serious question....I was a player or coach for 36years and every year brought new hope. We busted our butts in the weight room, film room, 7 on 7 tournaments and by the time the season started we had hope. We had some great years and some bad years, but none of the teams that I was involved with ever quit, cry, pout....as a fan, I get the frustration, but why all the negatives? Why make yourself miserable? What's wrong with just enjoying it and not complain about things you have no control of?
It's cool to have different options and outlooks....I actually enjoy reading a lot of the negative posts, it's pretty comical. To each their own, I guess....I just don't get it.
Salud! I'll enjoy a drink while some of you start attacking me! Lol! Be happy!
Freakin’ AMEN, brother!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You know what is bad, most of us Dak haters don't hate Dak. We probably dislike the Dak homers love fest of Dak more than we dislike Dak.
That’s what you tell yourself to make you feel better. And that’s pretty pathetic on your part. For the millionth time I just point out the posters like you who hate every day, every thread, every post on anything Cowboys. Now man up.