Why all the nostalgia for Romo?

CowboyFFan

Reaction score
Man, how far has this franchise fallen that fans are pining for the days of Tony Romo?
Romo was just another Dak, a late round "success story" that became stupidly overpaid and always choked in the big moment.
Team needs to find a QB that can deliver when it matters.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a friend, all of a sudden the past few years he is all over Romo. At times I get non stop posts about him.

lk8701

Reaction score
Man, how far has this franchise fallen that fans are pining for the days of Tony Romo?
Romo was just another Dak, a late round "success story" that became stupidly overpaid and always choked in the big moment.

Tony Romo reminds me of Russell Westbrook.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yep and a Oline that doesnt hold and receivers that dont drop passes. Oh yah and a RB that doesnt suck. Oops and a OC that plays the right people and knows what crossing patterns and underneath routes are. :thumbup:

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Regardless who you think is better the same can be said for both. Inferior coaching. Who knows what both could have done with better people running this team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some are acting like things were a lot better when Romo was here. lol Romo had the same 1-3 playoff record that Dak has after his first 6 seasons as the starter. The Cowboys missed the playoffs three straight years under Romo going 8-8 in each of those seasons. They lost two season finale elimination games that were like playoff games with Romo. Apparently some must have forgotten what it was like back then. There were just as many fans if not more complaining about Romo.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
because people only dream of what could have been with a good QB playing with a roster like this.
Roster isnt any better than the 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, or 2018 teams that could make it farther than the 2nd round

Flamma

Reaction score

Ever think it wasn't him, but the team he was on? Similar to Stafford? First year off the Lions he wins a playoff game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our luck with Romo didn’t start changing until we fixed the OL and got a running game. In the two playoff games Romo won Felix Jones had over 140 yards rushing against Philly and DeMarco Murray had 75 yards and a TD against Detroit. I’ll laugh at anyone who tries to spin we would have done better with a young Romo this season. He would have never survived behind this OL and no running game. When we couldn’t run the ball and he was being pressured it led to a disaster! I can provide plenty of examples. It would take a calculator to figure up all the turnovers he committed in those situations. The Cowboys got pounded in some of those games.