Why are Marenilli and Linehan still here?

Praxit

Reaction score
I thought they had enough of 8-8's ..:huh: History is not good for Dallas with these guys.

Aven8

Reaction score
Because those two are the only real coaches we have left. The rest, outside of the new Oline coach are very green. And yes that includes JG.

Dre11

Reaction score
Because those two are the only real coaches we have left. The rest, outside of the new Oline coach are very green. And yes that includes JG.

Yet all you'll do is complain about losing. They're the ones calling all the plays. Yet you call them the only real coaches....lol

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread should be fun.

If you like old reptative threads that will never provide a satisfying answer. This thread should be fun.

Otherwise....meh been there done that many times over.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yet all you'll do is complain about losing. They're the ones calling all the plays. Yet you call them the only real coaches....lol
Because they are forced to call plays in Garret’s offense. I don’t understand why no one understands this. Go watch Detroit games when Linehan was coordinator. You’ll see a lot of screens and passes to running backs. Yet. We have one of the best pass catching ones on our team and we never do!

elcowboi

Reaction score
I'm so confused. Didn't the Cowboys have a 9-7 record this year and 13-3 last year? I get saying they need to go but they are over 8-8 though.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If you like old reptative threads that will never provide a satisfying answer. This thread should be fun.

Otherwise....meh been there done that many times over.
Seems like the drama zone deserves this thread.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Linehan given a pass for losing Zeke.

Marinelli given a pass for having young blood to work with.

Whether these things are fair...That is another story.

>start Conan the Barbarian music<

Zordon

Reaction score
Because they have two years left on their deals. Follow the money.

Dre11

Reaction score
Because they are forced to call plays in Garret’s offense. I don’t understand why no one understands this. Go watch Detroit games when Linehan was coordinator. You’ll see a lot of screens and passes to running backs. Yet. We have one of the best pass catching ones on our team and we never do!
First of all, they are not forced to called anything in Garrett's offense, first of all, Garrett has never ran a defense, that solely Marinelli's defense. Second, Linehan and Garrett share the same philosophy and while Garrett want to be a power running team, Linehan has called his own offense as Romo explained in a broadcast last year. Why do you people continue to make up false narratives...lol

phildadon86

Reaction score
First of all, they are not forced to called anything in Garrett's offense, first of all, Garrett has never ran a defense, that solely Marinelli's defense. Second, Linehan and Garrett share the same philosophy and while Garrett want to be a power running team, Linehan has called his own offense as Romo explained in a broadcast last year. Why do you people continue to make up false narratives...lol
Because it’s not false. Linehan runs a similar system yes. But explain how his teams in Detroit had running backs who had over 1000 yards receiving and Zeke has like 15 passes total in his career

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A true mystery. Lump in the HC.

I still think Marinelli has done a decent job overall. Linehan is beyond bad.

Section446

Reaction score
Why is Jerry still here? Why is Dez still here? Why is Garrett still here? Same reason Marenelli and Linehan are... We are a zero accountability team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Linehan isn't bad. He didnt suddenly lose his way. lol...But what he didn't do very well last year was calling good situational plays. We got away from our bread and butter..the run game. He needs to call better games. Bad? NO...just got complacent I think. That said,all the coaches except Richard,will be on the hot seat this year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why is Jerry still here? Why is Dez still here? Why is Garrett still here? Same reason Marenelli and Linehan are... We are a zero accountability team.
Jerry is here...yet not. He isn't running the club for the most part...its Stevie,Will MCclay and Charlotte Jones.Jerry does need to be forced out altogether...he has become a parody of himself and is an embarrassment. The guy shows up to the Senior Bowl and Scouting Combine dressed as a damn coach!!! lol...its flat out a farce!! At least he isnt wearing a whistle around his neck. I do agree..he needs to go,but he still owns the team.Garrett has to put up or shut up this year. Marinelli did a good job with what he has had.Linehan has to get back to calling better plays.He sucked last year in situational times.