Why are our fans so scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Sit back, crack a cold one and enjoy the ride.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Well said. I will. I'm calling out sick Sunday night and I don't even have a sick day left.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I asked the same question in several other threads. Why are some afraid? It really has nothing to do with the past 30 years, or the past 2 years in the playoffs.
But yet they keep throwing that out there. It is like an old sour jokes or stories or topics you hear from the same person(s) over and over.
Get some new material. Past results have nothing to do with future performances.

And I know one of those guys. since 1998 I hear 1 or 2 times a week. Same old crap. Oh how many times have I heard Earl Campbell is the greatest RB ever, college and NFL.
One of the better ones, yes, but so many better ones as well. How many times I hear who is favorite bartender was.

New year, different teams as both teams have a turnover of about 1/3 of the team. Though mostly depth.
SF top team in the NFL, maybe, but they are not unbeatable.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Scared? Of what? It's a professional football game. It's entertainment.
Exactly. No sense being scared or worried about this game. We have zero control over what happens. If Dallas loses I'll be angry for about 10 minutes after the game ends. Then I'll go to bed and look forward to the next game. Same if they win. I'll be happy for about 10 minutes and then go to bed.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't think fans are scared as much as they are frustrated.

The Cowboys have played games like this in the past and they won some and lost some.

The wins did not guarantee season successes and the losses did not guarantee season failures.

If the Cowboys beat the 49ers Sunday and then lose to them in the playoffs, did this game really matter beyond helping the Cowboys make the playoffs like every other (NFC) game they won?

If the Cowboys lose to the 49ers Sunday but beat the 49ers in the playoffs (meaning the Cowboys make the playoffs), did this game really matter beyond hurting the Cowboys post-season seeding?

The only way this game really matters is if the Cowboys lose the game and it prevents them from making the playoffs or it costs them the division or #1 seed in the playoffs.

As a Cowboys fan I want them to win every game of course and NFC opponent games are the second most important games they need to win after division games.

That said, if the Cowboys beat the 49ers Sunday it means little really beyond an NFC win for the Cowboys and an NFC loss for the 49ers, both of which may help with playoff seeding later assuming those teams make it to the playoffs.

NeverBeGameOver

Reaction score
People actually call Cowboys fans insufferable for the opposite reason, that we're supposedly too high on ourselves year after the year. Doesn't add up for me, since just about all the Cowboy fans I know are mostly cautious after decades of losing and falling short. I think haters are people still traumatized by the gloryh0le days of the 90's where we owned the league and crushed their heroes. Also jealousy from being "America's Team," highest viewership ratings, biggest sports franchise in the world and all that.

However, I don't think this forum represents the fanbase as a whole. Lot of loser mentality here, and guys that definitely WANT to lose just to be proven right. I assume it's the work of trolls with nothing better to do, spreading this poison throughout the boards.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Losing to Arizona makes some of these other matchups that much more important. It is hard to get to the SB as a wild card team.

I don't have a ton of faith in this offense putting up a ton of points if Tyron Smith is out. Bosa is a beast, I don't like him going up against Edoga all game.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Answer: The last 27 seasons have made it hard for many fans to invest fully in the idea this team is different than all the other teams of the past.

The ONLY thing that will cure the lack of “faith” in this team will happen WHEN this team wins more than a wild card playoff game. Winning in the playoffs is THE ONLY CURE.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Answer: The last 27 seasons have made it hard for many fans to invest fully in the idea this team is different than all the other teams of the past.

The ONLY thing that will cure the lack of “faith” in this team will happen WHEN this team wins more than a wild card playoff game. Winning in the playoffs is THE ONLY CURE.
Are you sure? Some fans have an incurable dislike for this team. :lmao2:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It’s hard for some people to make themselves vulnerable. Even if it’s only on the internet or with some guy from work and only a game.

It feels better to them to prepare yourself for a loss, only talk about losing, and how bad their team is. Then if they win be surprised by the win—I guess.

They are likely the fans that are caught up in the Taylor Swift likes football now phenomenon. :D

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you sure? Some fans have an incurable dislike for this team. :lmao2:
Winning playoff games is always the cure. When your favorite team cannot win when it matters most for nearly 3 decades, it is understandable why there are skeptics.

Some fans find it hard to “believe“ when their belief of the past has been unable to win a playoff game beyond the wild card round. Until that changes, there will continue to be lots of skeptics. That’s just the way it is for most fans.

I have two sons (one 39 and one 37) that grew up huge Cowboys fans that now refuse to “buy in” because they were 12 and 10 the last time the Cowboys won a divisional playoff game. That’s not “dislike” to them. It’s just their experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.