Why are our fans so scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskboys

Reaction score
I asked the same question in several other threads. Why are some afraid? It really has nothing to do with the past 30 years, or the past 2 years in the playoffs.
But yet they keep throwing that out there. It is like an old sour jokes or stories or topics you hear from the same person(s) over and over.
Get some new material. Past results have nothing to do with future performances.

And I know one of those guys. since 1998 I hear 1 or 2 times a week. Same old crap. Oh how many times have I heard Earl Campbell is the greatest RB ever, college and NFL.
One of the better ones, yes, but so many better ones as well. How many times I hear who is favorite bartender was.

New year, different teams as both teams have a turnover of about 1/3 of the team. Though mostly depth.
SF top team in the NFL, maybe, but they are not unbeatable.
Seriously? Same leadership, same bad 2nd round picks. And if we can't stop the run(ARI), then that is also the same.

For 5 years, Earl Campbell was as good as any RB ever in the NFL. I am not an Oilers fan, so no bias here. Did you happen to watch this cat play? Might have been the best combination of speed/power/moves the NFL has ever seen. There have not been any obviously better ones.

kskboys

Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to be one of those defining crash and burn games that ruins our season. Tough fought game that we wind up losing and someone like Parsons, Pollard, and or Dak goes down and its over.
I personally think we're different this time and that we win this game. However, I have to admit the Ari debacle definitely took some wind out of my sails.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Sit back, crack a cold one and enjoy the ride.
Because our team plays as soft as Charmin against physical teams.

Last 2 games against the 49ers for example.

Remember, we just got punked against the Cardinals.

This team gets no benefit of the doubt from me.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Why are we so cocky, we thought we'd blow out the cards and it didn't happen

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Easy, because we'd just had two blowouts, and ARI is far from a top notch team.
Yet they're still an NFL team not a high school team, and it goes to show my friend that you never look past anyone.

It always seems however that we always have that game where we lose and it's to a team that isn't playing well, yet it's their Superbowl and they play us hard

Momanpr100

Reaction score
We have a sad fan base. During the Jets game, you can hear Zac Wilson making all his line calls, that's unacceptable and speaks volumes to this fan base.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

It starts with many posters are not really Cowboys fans.
They are playing one online much like Skip Bayless does on his shows.

In other cases they grew up Cowboys fans but local teams have come into existence in their area, See Carolina or Vegas or whatever.
So they are sorta Cowboys fans now quite willing to grade them harshly.

Dallas isn't some 5-12 team. The complaints are pretty insane.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yet they're still an NFL team not a high school team, and it goes to show my friend that you never look past anyone.

It always seems however that we always have that game where we lose and it's to a team that isn't playing well, yet it's their Superbowl and they play us hard
It's much more worrisome than that. I feel as if ARI exposed our DLine for being a rush up the field type. Which is fine when you're winning, but the problem w/ that is what ARI showed us. Simply let the rushers run past and hand the ball to your RB. What's the answer to this?

Momanpr100

Reaction score
People crack me up with this whole participation trophy thing, we are not participating in anything, so what's this trophy we get :huh:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Winning playoff games is always the cure. When your favorite team cannot win when it matters most for nearly 3 decades, it is understandable why there are skeptics.

Some fans find it hard to “believe“ when their belief of the past has been unable to win a playoff game beyond the wild card round. Until that changes, there will continue to be lots of skeptics. That’s just the way it is for most fans.

I have two sons (one 39 and one 37) that grew up huge Cowboys fans that now refuse to “buy in” because they were 12 and 10 the last time the Cowboys won a divisional playoff game. That’s not “dislike” to them. It’s just their experience.
They won a playoff game last year.
Anyone that thinks they are owed a Super Bowl is a petulant child beyond reaching.

SF is really good and are justifiably favored. but a loss doesn't hurt this team much.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
People crack me up with this whole participation trophy thing, we are not participating in anything, so what's this trophy we get :huh:
People that complain about participation trophies are the kind of people who quit 3 weeks into a season because they are 1-2.
People that talk tough but have never won anything based on their own individual merit in their entire life.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
People that complain about participation trophies are the kind of people who quit 3 weeks into a season because they are 1-2.
People that talk tough but have never won anything based on their own individual merit in their entire life.
The thing is, I hate participation trophies as well, I make my son throw those away.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

They aren't scared, they probably never accomplished anything in life and the walk in egg shells and with a bad attitude.....simple as that.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Winning playoff games is always the cure. When your favorite team cannot win when it matters most for nearly 3 decades, it is understandable why there are skeptics.

Some fans find it hard to “believe“ when their belief of the past has been unable to win a playoff game beyond the wild card round. Until that changes, there will continue to be lots of skeptics. That’s just the way it is for most fans.

I have two sons (one 39 and one 37) that grew up huge Cowboys fans that now refuse to “buy in” because they were 12 and 10 the last time the Cowboys won a divisional playoff game. That’s not “dislike” to them. It’s just their experience.
Your sons are very smart. When I was 10-12 I thought the Cowboys would win the SB every year. I guess I was a homer then. I miss those days.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Right, especially if we lose to them in playoffs again.

This is a big game for our confidence moving forward . But as a fan when have the mentality don’t expect to win it’s difficult to be let down.

As fans we don’t need the belief we will win like the players and coaching staff, etc. We are allowed to have doubts and be skeptic while rooting our team on.
Knowing this team we might beat the 49ers and then hear how great we are and then lose to the Chargers the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.