Why are our fans so scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Sit back, crack a cold one and enjoy the ride.

We have a punch of pansies in the fanbase. They wake up scared and cry about everything. Dallas by two scores.

John813

Reaction score
Eh, find a big enough fanbase and you'll see the same ole ****.

That being said, it's just entertainment and I'm here cause it's fun to talk about when I got the free time/autocad decides to **** the bed.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Yea it’s weird. There seem to be a lot of people who think Dallas doesn’t belong on the same field with 49ers. The same team Dallas should have beat if it weren’t for two bad turnovers, it was a close game. This is a good Dallas team that can beat anyone.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
30 years of playoff failure wears a fan‘s soul down.
giphy.gif

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m expecting the Cowboys to win Sunday in SF. But if they don’t, there are 12 games left. There‘s still 75% of the season left. The best thing about a win in SF would be what it would do for the Cowboys psyche.

AND….if we win or lose in SF, it doesn’t guarantee anything in the playoffs.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

:clap:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Answer: The last 27 seasons have made it hard for many fans to invest fully in the idea this team is different than all the other teams of the past.

The ONLY thing that will cure the lack of “faith” in this team will happen WHEN this team wins more than a wild card playoff game. Winning in the playoffs is THE ONLY CURE.
This^^^^

It’s difficult to believe in something unless you’ve seen or been there before.

Just like in our early years we were “Next Year Champions “ until we kicked down the door. Then we believed because we had been there before.

It’s fine if fans want to believe we can do it. There’s always the possibility and why we play the games as we hope our time will come again . But until it does most guard their emotions because of all of the frustration and disappointment this era.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Whose afraid? I believe there is a pretty substantial track record. Go win a big game and change the narrative or slither back into your hole of mediocrity.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Are you sure? Some fans have an incurable dislike for this team. :lmao2:
That's not the least bit accurate. I'm just speaking for myself, but what I dislike is greedy players who fail to live up to their contract demands. I dislike players who keep saying they will get better then never keep their promise.

This is not even close to disliking the entire team, but you already knew that....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m expecting the Cowboys to win Sunday in SF. But if they don’t, there are 12 games left. There‘s still 75% of the season left. The best thing about a win in SF would be what it would do for the Cowboys psyche.

AND….if we win or lose in SF, it doesn’t guarantee anything in the playoffs.
Right, especially if we lose to them in playoffs again.

This is a big game for our confidence moving forward . But as a fan when have the mentality don’t expect to win it’s difficult to be let down.

As fans we don’t need the belief we will win like the players and coaching staff, etc. We are allowed to have doubts and be skeptic while rooting our team on.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
to each their own i guess. remind me again how much sweat you got invested in this? I think wed all love to have a lombardi but their is a group on this board that take it a bit too serious. Its entertainment
Exactly, and you're the one treating it as it's something else.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winning playoff games is always the cure. When your favorite team cannot win when it matters most for nearly 3 decades, it is understandable why there are skeptics.

Some fans find it hard to “believe“ when their belief of the past has been unable to win a playoff game beyond the wild card round. Until that changes, there will continue to be lots of skeptics. That’s just the way it is for most fans.

I have two sons (one 39 and one 37) that grew up huge Cowboys fans that now refuse to “buy in” because they were 12 and 10 the last time the Cowboys won a divisional playoff game. That’s not “dislike” to them. It’s just their experience.
And that is understandable. But to me, enjoy the season. We have 2 seasons at 12-5, and advanced further in the playoffs last year. A game we could have won, both times.

Enjoy the season as it progresses. But we get this...but we can't win in the playoffs...well wait until the playoffs get here to start the whining then. :laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not the least bit accurate. I'm just speaking for myself, but what I dislike is greedy players who fail to live up to their contract demands. I dislike players who keep saying they will get better then never keep their promise.

This is not even close to disliking the entire team, but you already knew that....
Right, but disliking a player(s) because of contracts and greed, or because a fan doesn't like how a player presents himself off the field. Maybe because they don't interview very well, or whatever.
That is different. Disliking the team and finding fault with anything and everything positive is what I am talking about. You see how many times some are not happy with a win.

But to each their own. It does not bother me like it used to, now I find it entertaining and laugh at times. However, sometimes I feel the need to express my opinion over it. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think fans are scared as much as they are frustrated.

The Cowboys have played games like this in the past and they won some and lost some.

The wins did not guarantee season successes and the losses did not guarantee season failures.

If the Cowboys beat the 49ers Sunday and then lose to them in the playoffs, did this game really matter beyond helping the Cowboys make the playoff like every other (NFC) game they won?

If the Cowboys lose to the 49ers Sunday but beat the 49ers in the playoffs (meaning the Cowboys make the playoffs), did this game really matter beyond hurting the Cowboys post-season seeding?

The only way this game really matters is if the Cowboys lose the game and it prevents them from making the playoffs or it costs them the division or #1 seed in the playoffs.

As a Cowboys fan I want them to win every game of course and NFC opponent games are the second most important games they need to win after division games.

That said, if the Cowboys beat the 49ers Sunday it means little really beyond an NFC win for the Cowboys and an NFC loss for the 49ers, both of which may help with playoff seeding later assuming those teams make it to the playoffs.
All true, but you left out the part about how much joy there is in beating a hated rival.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those defining crash and burn games that ruins our season. Tough fought game that we wind up losing and someone like Parsons, Pollard, and or Dak goes down and its over.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I asked the same question in several other threads. Why are some afraid? It really has nothing to do with the past 30 years, or the past 2 years in the playoffs.
But yet they keep throwing that out there. It is like an old sour jokes or stories or topics you hear from the same person(s) over and over.
Get some new material. Past results have nothing to do with future performances.

And I know one of those guys. since 1998 I hear 1 or 2 times a week. Same old crap. Oh how many times have I heard Earl Campbell is the greatest RB ever, college and NFL.
One of the better ones, yes, but so many better ones as well. How many times I hear who is favorite bartender was.

New year, different teams as both teams have a turnover of about 1/3 of the team. Though mostly depth.
SF top team in the NFL, maybe, but they are not unbeatable.
Get some new material? I completely agree. How about they beat the Niners this time. Something new would help.

kskboys

Reaction score

Don't see anyone being scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.