Why are the Cowboys leaving a roster spot open?

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
He mentioned in his PC that the Cowboys have until 4 pm eastern tomorrow to fill that spot before Thanksgiving.

If they were to bring up on of the TEs from the practive squad, they would have done it already. Right?

What could Dallas be up to? What happens tomorrow? T.O. arbitration hearings are over. Coincidence? Maybe.

Another player? Working on a trade?

Maybe they are just moving slow on Thanksgiving hoilday or are too busy getting ready for Denver.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
TO - has nothing to do with anything

Ryan will be activated and on 53.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:
He mentioned in his PC that the Cowboys have until 4 pm eastern tomorrow to fill that spot before Thanksgiving.

If they were to bring up on of the TEs from the practive squad, they would have done it already. Right?

What could Dallas be up to? What happens tomorrow? T.O. arbitration hearings are over. Coincidence? Maybe.

The trade deadline has passed... my guess would be they're bringing in somebody from outside the organization, and couldn't get the job done until tomorrow...

sacase

Reaction score
I wonder T who they could be snagging O..........

VirusX

Reaction score
silverbear said:
The trade deadline has passed... my guess would be they're bringing in somebody from outside the organization, and couldn't get the job done until tomorrow...
I believe they are trying to get TO released not reinstated.. Meaning we could sign him possibly. I for one am for it.. I dont like the guy as a person but you cant deny his on the field ability.. I say drop the good behavior clause in his contract and see what happens. I think irvin will pressure him to behave as well as BP.. Should be interesting to see the ruling tomorrow.

thewivil

Reaction score
VirusX said:
I think irvin will pressure him to behave as well as BP.. Should be interesting to see the ruling tomorrow.

I think Irvin can really keep him in line if he came to Dallas. I know Irvin is supposed to be objective now that he's with the media, but c'mon, who are we kidding? You know Irvin would definitely do his best to keep T.O. walking the straight and narrow.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
thewivil said:
I think Irvin can really keep him in line if he came to Dallas. I know Irvin is supposed to be objective now that he's with the media, but c'mon, who are we kidding? You know Irvin would definitely do his best to keep T.O. walking the straight and narrow.

I think that anybody who thinks there's a living, breathing human being out there who can "keep TO in line" is a living, breathing IDIOT...

It can't be done, and that has been proven over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... the guy has no respect for anybody or anything-- including himself...

thewivil

Reaction score
silverbear said:
I think that anybody who thinks there's a living, breathing human being out there who can "keep TO in line" is a living, breathing IDIOT...

It can't be done, and that has been proven over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... the guy has no respect for anybody or anything-- including himself...

Hey, T.O. did a pretty good job his first year in Philly. If he could be okay for a year, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
TO doesnt play special teams! :laugh2:
He just rides the short bus.

thewivil

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
MORONS. TO is cancer- you want to catch it? STUPID.

Heh heh, I didn't know cancer was contagious. Now I can't go around my uncle anymore out of fear of me catching it.

And us T.O. lovers are the stupid ones.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Then you are really stupid. TO's type of cancer is INFECTIOUS. Ask the Birds.

Holloway805

05 & 09 Pick a Winner Champ
Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:

Maybe they are just moving slow on Thanksgiving hoilday or are too busy getting ready for Denver.
Damn! Slow down and breathe.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
silverbear said:

Preachin to the choir here SB. But some people are just blind.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
thewivil said:
:eek: :confused: :lmao2:

Reaction score
thewivil said:

I love Mike and he had a great locker room presence however this might be construed as "the blind leading the blind"........ :D

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Has to do with injuries and bringing guys up from the PS.

What if you bring Ryan up on Tuesday and you have a CB blow out a wheel on Wedsnesday?

Then if you want to bring back down to PS you have to release him and hope he clears waivers before you sign a CB.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
thewivil said:
Fox guarding the henhouse ! :D

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
wsmith_1972 said:

The Cowboys have two TEs (Ryan and Curtis) on the PS; both TEs are probably practicing with the first unit instead of the scout team. I think Parcells will make a decision once he has determined which TE has had a better week in the offense and can contribute on special teams Thursday.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
T.O will be fine here and he will behave ...problem is T.O and Key? can they co-exist??