Why can't Dallas develop OL personnel from within...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
cowboyed;2407654 said:
Newt has a point.

He absolutely has a point.

He played on lines that could lose starters and plug in players like John Gesek, Derek Kennard and Frank Cornish and still win championships.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Seven;2407798 said:
Make no mistake. He's the spin master. He gets everything he wants. One way or the other. If you don't buy into it, he'll buy you into it.

Brace yourself. There's the off-spring............ :eek:hboy:

I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll bet you I'm dead and in the ground before there's a real GM for this team.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jobberone;2407971 said:
I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll bet you I'm dead and in the ground before there's a real GM for this team.

Jobber. Not to get sappy but I hate that you say that. :(

Live long...........er. :D

AbeBeta

Reaction score
rathalarge;2407938 said:
Not after they've had major injury medical concerns coming out of college, like Rogers and Peterman. Lets face it, by the time many players get out of college, they have played with some type of injury, regarding of the positon they play because the game is physical. That's why teams have medical teams, and at the NFL Combine, study players' injury history. Parcells was advised, "not to take Rogers"!!!

No, you are wrong. O-linemen can't make it in the NFL if they are unwilling to play with pain. Peterman's injury certainly had nothing to do with being hurt in college and neither did the knee that got Rogers booted off the team.

Second, the Rogers meme about Parcells is idiotic. If he was on our draft board, then it wasn't everyone in the room who was advising not to take him. That's just Larry Lacewell trying to make himself look good after he was asked to leave.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2408059 said:
O-linemen can't make it in the NFL if they are unwilling to play with pain.

Add to that, lesser talents on the offensive line can make it if they can play through pain and have a tough and intelligent style of playing football. It is an area where overachievers can make it if they have those qualities.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2407942 said:
Our OL has been dreadful for most of the last 10 years.

If you think that means they have done a good job in any aspect with the OL, then I don't know what else can be said.

No, I think what you fail to understand is that not having the league's best line is not an indication that our line sucks.

In fact, earlier in the year some folks were calling our line the best group in the league. They may not be playing great but they certainly aren't dreadful. Since this is the bye week I want you to sit down and watch some other teams play. Our line will look pretty good compared to what many teams are rolling out there.

rathalarge

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2408059 said:
No, you are wrong. O-linemen can't make it in the NFL if they are unwilling to play with pain. Peterman's injury certainly had nothing to do with being hurt in college and neither did the knee that got Rogers booted off the team.

Second, the Rogers meme about Parcells is idiotic. If he was on our draft board, then it wasn't everyone in the room who was advising not to take him. That's just Larry Lacewell trying to make himself look good after he was asked to leave.

Rogers had major shoulder concerns coming out of college, which is why he spent his first year on the Cowboys going on IR, opting for surgery against Parcells' wishes, because he was so tough.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
rathalarge;2408273 said:
Rogers had major shoulder concerns coming out of college, which is why he spent his first year on the Cowboys going on IR, opting for surgery against Parcells' wishes, because he was so tough.

Get your facts correct.

Rogers was not on IR his first year in Dallas.

Going into his SECOND season, he opted for surgery on his KNEE not his shoulder.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
JakeCamp12;2407946 said:
If you think we stink at drafting lineman, take a look at our history of wide receivers...can you name a wide we have developed since Irvin and Harper? And Landry drafted Irvin, not Jimmy. So we have not developed a legit #1 wide out since Tom Landry....that was 1988....:banghead:

Landry may have drafted Irvin, but he did NOT develop him. Irvin was injured his rookie season, and Landry left the following year.

You can make a point that Jimmy developed Irvin from college INTO the pros. Irvin had the exact mentality and on-field attitude that Jimmy wanted.

rathalarge

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2408296 said:
Get your facts correct.

Rogers was not on IR his first year in Dallas.

Going into his SECOND season, he opted for surgery on his KNEE not his shoulder.

Got my facts straight, ... and you are correct!!