Why Can't Dallas Field a Good Offense & Defense At The Same Time

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The title of that article is
Expected points and EPA explained

You cherry picked one sentence out of context. Let's look at the context shall we?

The next sentence after your cherry pick straight up refutes your position and calls out people with your position as inexperienced. Nevermind this is not discussing NFL official policy.

At this point your are either stupid or **** posting for attention. Either way you go on ignore. I have no time for intentional deception.
I’ve allowed you every opportunity to provide any info that the league doesn’t use Total Yards as their official measurement for ranking offenses and defenses.

All you have is insults because the leagues official measurement doesn’t align with yours .

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I’ve provided you every opportunity to provide any info that the league doesn’t use Total Yards as their official measurement for ranking offenses and defenses.

I'll prove my rebuttal right after you support your assertion.

You gave up on the one source you had right here. That article talks about Football Outsiders developing stats and not NFL policy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again show the proof of any "official" ranking that existed in the first place. Your presumption despite an ability to find proof is interesting psychologically I guess.
Ok Fuzzy. I’m not sure how long you’ve been a fan but it’s been the measurement for all of my 68+ years . Which makes it common knowledge .

Again, if you can provide any evidence the league doesn’t still use Total Yards for it’s official rankings , I’m all ears .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll prove my rebuttal right after you support your assertion.

You gave up on the one source you had right here. That article talks about Football Outsiders developing stats and not NFL policy.
That source actually argues how the official measurement for ranking offenses and defenses is flawed . It doesn’t dispute the league still uses it though.

And it opened up with stating how the league officially measures rankings . Which it doesn’t agree with.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I invite anyone to google "official NFL offense ranking" and "official NFL defense ranking"

You quickly note that no official ranking from the NFL exists. Never has.

Thomas Paine says it best:

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Once again, the loser turns to personal insults. You should give this up, your comprehension is sorely lacking.
I’m not sure where he thinks the NFL comes up with their official rankings? I’ve tried to be cordial .

Now he’s resorted to there is no official rankings. Lol

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not sure where he thinks the NFL comes up with their official rankings? I’ve tried to be cordial .

Now he’s resorted to there is no official rankings. Lol
I'm not sure he's capable of discussion. Something is definitely lacking there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not sure he's capable of discussion. Something is definitely lacking there.
My guess is he’s not old enough to recall how this was always a major topic? Like in SB 27 when our #1 defense faced the Bills #1 offense . Lol

It’s still a topic of discussion . Maybe he just never realized Total Yards was the official measurement. Although many critics like to use scoring defense now. Which is actually a team stat.

kskboys

Reaction score
My guess is he’s not old enough to recall how this was always a major topic? Like in SB 27 when our #1 defense faced the Bills #1 offense . Lol

It’s still a topic of discussion . Maybe he just never realized Total Yards was the official measurement. Although many critics like to use scoring defense now. Which is actually a team stat.
Scoring D is too difficult to remain consistent at.