Why can't we be happy?

Brax

Reaction score
I called all of it genius. Lol
And loving every minute of it. You are the angry guy spreading hate and negativity with these dumb threads.
Waaaaaa why can’t you people just be happy? Waaaaaaa why don’t you all shut up and enjoy life?Waaaaaaaa........ :lmao2::lmao:
Talk about pathetic? Why are you even on here if you don’t want to discuss the cowboys? Don’t come on here if you can’t take it.
You should ask yourself this question, look in the mirror if you would like to see pathetic.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
5-1, could be 6-0 or even 3-3.....I'm happy and excited about our team.....I don't understand all the negatives.....are some of you just being cautiously optimistic, or just negative?
Dak is good, Zeke is good our receivers are good, our
TEs and OL are good, our defense is above average.....we good....

This is a message board forum. People have different takes.

Why is it important to you that everyone be in exact alignment with others' opinions?

That's just weird...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only problem is homers like you that can’t handle general discussions.

It’s overly sensitive posters like you that are the problem. Not realistic football fans that want to discuss the team.

Maybe you should go join a fan club. Maybe a fan discussion forum like this isn’t the place for you?
The Cowboys have some sites like their DC.com which is full of positive info and Cowboys Facebook page which are more like that. Not much critical thinking or discussion. Great to follow along and like. Bloggintheboys is another very informative site with awesome writers with limited participation from fans. There’s more sites to follow once your on Facebook that will pop up.

You’re exactly right. An open discussion isn’t the place for the more cheerleading overly homeristic type fan too sensitive to take on most criticism.

What some fans don’t realize is the more positive post don’t drive enough activity. How many times can we all say How Bout Them Cowboys. We tried a Silver Lining forum on the old Dallas Cowboys.com forum. But it was a ghost town. And eventually closed it. These sites depend on traffic to generate revenue from advertisers.

I think these type fans should start their own threads without calling out others and stick together so they can discuss how happy they are with everything and leave the discussions and critical thinking to others. If not then the Homers turn out to be the biggest Trolls.

Brax

Reaction score
5-1, could be 6-0 or even 3-3.....I'm happy and excited about our team.....I don't understand all the negatives.....are some of you just being cautiously optimistic, or just negative?
Very little to not like so far, everyone should be more than happy to this point.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am riding this ride. Enjoying the wins and the week following a win. To many times we lose and can’t enjoy the next week. I would like to beat every team by 20 or more and the opposing team is never even in the game. But will take a nail biter if I need to as long as we get the win.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have some sites like their DC.com which is full of positive info and Cowboys Facebook page which are more like that. Not much critical thinking or discussion. Great to follow along and like. Bloggintheboys is another very informative site with awesome writers with limited participation from fans. There’s more sites to follow once your on Facebook that will pop up.

You’re exactly right. An open discussion isn’t the place for the more cheerleading overly homeristic type fan too sensitive to take on most criticism.

What some fans don’t realize is the more positive post don’t drive enough activity. How many times can we all say How Bout Them Cowboys. We tried a Silver Lining forum on the old Dallas Cowboys.com forum. But it was a ghost town. And eventually closed it. These sites depend on traffic to generate revenue from advertisers.

I think these type fans should start their own threads without calling out others and stick together so they can discuss how happy they are with everything and leave the discussions and critical thinking to others. If not then the Homers turn out to be the biggest Trolls.

None of need some clueless homer telling us we can’t discuss the cowboys.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

#1 We went from a dynasty to nothing for 25+ years. We had some big teases with most of our coaches since Jimmy, including some recent years that looked so dominant we were sure to at least progress to the NFC Championship, but we haven't even passed the 2nd round. I think that burns in Cowboys fans more than some franchises as they continue to look for reasons to not eat the cheese.

#2 Sports is no different than politics. People thrive off division, negativity and hot button issues. Thank goodness only the team has to come together.

#3 Its the internet. It's a cesspool of loudmouths and smack talkers, who probably find it easier in a message board setting. As Streetwise pointed out above, some people thrive off the attention.

#4 As fans, we feel entitled like our opinion actually makes a difference. As if we have a direct line to Jerry. Nothing wrong with a Sunday cause, but understand it leads to some of this behavior. And with so many networks, fantasy football and gambling, and even the NFL acknowledging the fans, it just feeds it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol......great point. What is the team and coaches focusing on this week?

Are they jumping around like happy go lucky idiots or are they concentrating on mistakes they made?
Right

I promise you while they celebrated Sunday night they broke down film on Monday and there was much to applaud and critique.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am riding this ride. Enjoying the wins and the week following a win. To many times we lose and can’t enjoy the next week. I would like to beat every team by 20 or more and the opposing team is never even in the game. But will take a nail biter if I need to as long as we get the win.
Only fans not enjoying this ride is the dak hating trolls that have seemingly disappeared.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's downhill from here. Dak is injured. Even if he plays, he's not 100%. This is why I can't be happy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
#1 We went from a dynasty to nothing for 25+ years. We had some big teases with most of our coaches since Jimmy, including some recent years that looked so dominant we were sure to at least progress to the NFC Championship, but we haven't even passed the 2nd round. I think that burns in Cowboys fans more than some franchises as they continue to look for reasons to not eat the cheese.

#2 Sports is no different than politics. People thrive off division, negativity and hot button issues. Thank goodness only the team has to come together.

#3 Its the internet. It's a cesspool of loudmouths and smack talkers, who probably find it easier in a message board setting. As Streetwise pointed out above, some people thrive off the attention.

#4 As fans, we feel entitled like our opinion actually makes a difference. As if we have a direct line to Jerry. Nothing wrong with a Sunday cause, but understand it leads to some of this behavior. And with so many networks, fantasy football and gambling, and even the NFL acknowledging the fans, it just feeds it.
Social media provides a voice for everyone on the internet . I think some just want to take on any opposition to their opinions and mindset. Much like we see across social media .

What’s different in this setting than most we encounter is most of us are on the same team or same side. We just don’t always agree on the same course or path to get there.

And our approach and attitudes can differ. Sometimes our intent is misconstrued or interpreted without the emotion and passion of personal contact .

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
The only problem is homers like you that can’t handle general discussions.

I think the problem is that the haters can't handle the success our team is having this year.

It’s overly sensitive posters like you that are the problem. Not realistic football fans that want to discuss the team.

I personally think the haters are the problem. Haters disguised as realistic fans.

Maybe you should go join a fan club. Maybe a fan discussion forum like this isn’t the place for you?

This isn't a fan club site? If not then that would explain a lot. If so, which it is, maybe this isn't the place for YOU?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I was happy when I opened this thread.

Now I'm sad.

Not really. None of this matters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This isn't a fan club site? If not then that would explain a lot. If so, which it is, maybe this isn't the place for YOU?
Do you really believe this site would thrive and survive if everyone just replied .. How bout them Cowboys ??

It’s the open discussion and critical thinking that drives activity generating revenue. Much like on TV.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

You're right -- we're good, sure 'nuff -- I'm sure what we've got here is an influx of fans of other teams muddying the waters for us! :grin:

I'm sure there are the posers that might like us to believe they're legit, though! They're just fooling themselves, however. We're onto 'em!

Of course, there are also some of our very own fans who are nothing but losers, who can't bring themselves to see the brighter side! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm happy and excited about our team too! I can't imagine how any fan isn't.

But I don't see what's wrong with saying, "Yeah, we're good, but I wonder how good?" I mean, nobody would argue (I hope) that we're an unstoppable force like the early-90s Cowboys and 49ers. And it's not negative to say that!

But many are not saying it that way.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m super excited. I’m pleasantly surprised. Lots of adjectives!

JG’s filth however has made everyone gun shy so it’s a natural thing for people to be cautious. This isn’t JG’s Cowboys anymore folks!

True this is not JG's team anymore. However some, seems many, maybe I am wrong, are treating MM as if he is JG....far cry from that....
Again, maybe I am wrong, but they sure seem to be treating him the same.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Right

I promise you while they celebrated Sunday night they broke down film on Monday and there was much to applaud and critique.
Who was out posting bond for you know who Might have sent Gregory he has some experience at it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it comes down to more of what kind of fan are you . And or how your mindset is and conduct yourself.

The Michael Irvin type or Troy Aikman. I’m more of the Aikman type .

Michael tends to lead the way in his eternal optimism. Troy much more analytic and critical.

There’s many other examples but those are pretty good. And as fans we generally gravitate to those opinions which are similar with ours.