Why can't we be happy?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, Oct 20, 2021.

1. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

18,810 Messages
    19,924 Likes Received
    I’m stoked on this season! This team feels different they’re playing with confidence and belief in one another, and when injuries happen this staff seems to be able to adjust. Those are things we haven’t seen from this team before. I’m excited to see how the rest of this season plays out.

I’d like to see some change in personal when it comes to #52 and #42 and I’d like to see Parsons in on a few more snaps at DE, and I’m curious to see how they’re going to manage Gallup and Wilson’s playing time. I do believe Collins goes back to RT with a possibility of a move to LG to keep Steele on the field as well. I think with Collins suspension and his lack of availability the last couple of years they might use that as some leverage in putting him there. Just a guess not saying it will happen. Hopefully we will see more Cox at LB after the bye as well.

Go Cowboys!

2. Shane612

Shane612 Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    Haven't you learned anything from the last 20 years, or so.....?
    :muttley::muttley::laugh::muttley::muttley:

Aulac likes this.
  3. Aulac

Aulac Well-Known Member

1,048 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    We started out 11-1 in 2016 and we couldn't even win a single playoff game.

4. Aulac

Aulac Well-Known Member

1,048 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    You must be new to Cowboys fandom?

5. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

24,172 Messages
    24,375 Likes Received
    Lol. I would expect nothing less than a I told you so. I heard there is no muscle tear. But when they said same as Gallup I thought he may miss 2 games. I think he will not be 100%. I think they will lean on the run and keep him in the pocket and perhaps dink and dunk. He has to plant and push off. Hope I am right. We won’t hear for a week or when they start practicing. Game time decision.

6. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    34,666 Messages
    61,510 Likes Received
    Happy is personal. Everyone is responsible for their own happiness.

Posters don't want to be happy or buy in? OK by me. They have their reasons.

7. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Benched

42,300 Messages
    28,060 Likes Received
    Homers are useless for anything but cheerleading.

Cowfan75 and gp_cowpolk like this.
  8. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

13,082 Messages
    19,618 Likes Received
    And bugging realists

9. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Benched

42,300 Messages
    28,060 Likes Received
    So you enjoy some clueless homer suggesting to you what you can and can’t discuss? :flagwave:

10. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Benched

42,300 Messages
    28,060 Likes Received
    And looking dumb.

11. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    31,729 Messages
    27,560 Likes Received
    :clap:

12. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

13,082 Messages
    19,618 Likes Received
    The dumb looking guy always gets the hottest babes

13. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Benched

42,300 Messages
    28,060 Likes Received
    No he doesn’t. Lol

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  14. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,406 Messages
    28,134 Likes Received
    They said they would re-evaluate him on Monday.

glimmerman likes this.
  15. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

13,082 Messages
    19,618 Likes Received
    Well some times the dumb looking guy with the eggplant in his underwear gets one also but he is still dumb looking

16. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

4,458 Messages
    3,006 Likes Received
    I personally have known a number of sports fan who over decades seem to never be satisfied. It could be in their nature to be that way. Or it could be that they like to think they can coach or general manage better themselves and can only use the internet (or bar talk) to manage by proxy because they cant do it in real life.

Another reason you hear negativity is because its not really negativity it is people being perfectionists or at least people assuming you have to keep tweaking and improving to keep streaks alive. Thats what the players and coaches are doing. As soon as the next day after a win their high-fiving is done and they are looking at how to improve. Fans cheer during the game and then during the week they come here to discuss ways to improve. They are just doing what the team is doing.

Ranching likes this.
  17. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

24,172 Messages
    24,375 Likes Received
    No doubt. Hopefully the swelling and soreness goes down. Once he starts trying to practice it will flare up. See how bad.

JoeKing likes this.
  18. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

30,290 Messages
    33,114 Likes Received
    We are.

Diehardblues likes this.
  19. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

30,290 Messages
    33,114 Likes Received
    The bigger question is, why are you so focused on the small number of posters who are never happy?

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  20. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

31,717 Messages
    56,384 Likes Received
    This is an open message board.
    We have avowed Eagles' fans chit-chatting up in here and I applaud the few good ones, but we also have about a 15% chatty clientele that likes to actively rile up the board for (usually) their own narcissistic reasons and then that can cause a chain effect.

Thankfully, we have some super-cool posters active up in here and I still have true moments of enjoyment reading this board.

Even though I don't post much anymore (been busy and a few posters were exhausting during the off-season), my love hasn't diminished.

Ranching and Xelda like this.