Why can't we be happy?

plasticman

Reaction score
The goal isn't 5-1. The goal is the super Bowl and 5-1 is a good start but a 5-1 team can end up 8-8....or 9-8 this season.

The answer to the question is the same answer to the same question given by your girlfriend for the last ten years....."Because I don't see no d__n ring, that's why!!!"

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Do you really think the players look or listen to fans??? The ones who do aren’t champions!!!

Well, how many players do you see getting into fights with fans and critics on social media. I don't expect players to see anything I write here. It still is a good philosophy in general for anything. It works for fellow posters here. Some posters get too high after a win and too low after a loss.

Pretty much works for life in general.

EdmCowboy Fan

Reaction score
5-1, could be 6-0 or even 3-3.....I'm happy and excited about our team.....I don't understand all the negatives.....are some of you just being cautiously optimistic, or just negative?
Dak is good, Zeke is good our receivers are good, our
TEs and OL are good, our defense is above average.....we good....
Because of Risen Star (real name is pullets up the ,,,Risen)

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
clark-griswold-happy-christmas.gif

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The goal isn't 5-1. The goal is the super Bowl and 5-1 is a good start but a 5-1 team can end up 8-8....or 9-8 this season.

The answer to the question is the same answer to the same question given by your girlfriend for the last ten years....."Because I don't see no d__n ring, that's why!!!"

With that negative attitude no wonder she never got a ring o_O.

Need to do things in order and 5-1, 'get your finger ready for action'.....Carry on like this and you've got an Engagement, Wedding and Eternity Rings

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
5-1, could be 6-0 or even 3-3.....I'm happy and excited about our team.....I don't understand all the negatives.....are some of you just being cautiously optimistic, or just negative?
I started like 12 threads trying just to have a football discussion. If it doesn’t include something derogatory. They don’t even wanna respond. They love being *******s

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A lot of us have been burned by the Cowboys the past 2 decades. Most fans are being cautious. Most of the knowledgeable fans can see the defense has improved but still has some holes. The Cowboys have had several real good regular seasons since 07 only to fall flat in the playoffs. We’re all happy about the win last Sunday but we would have lost to a real good team. We saw a rookie QB take it to our defense pretty good. We have a great offense but a defense that gives up big plays and isn’t going to hold up in the playoffs. The defense still has a chance to get better but if it doesn’t it’s going to result in the same sad ending in January. To me this team looks similar to some of the real good Cowboys teams we’ve had the past couple of decades. We have a great offense but a defense that has trouble making critical stops.
But this is the difference. This was an intelligent critiquing. This Wasn’t downright derogatory rhetoric. . That I think he was talking about.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
25 years of misery and not meeting expectations....we are so used to being beaten that we have been programmed to expect it and find faults....
If that’s the case that’s pretty sad. That we can’t look at the future in a different way because of the past. But I bet you’re right probably for some

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
why watch then? Hell, why be a fan? Why care enough to post or to come here?
What does any of that have to do with being unhappy? The team right now is so close to being elite. I have a great appreciation for how good they are right now. But they have a fatal flaw that is about to be revealed to everyone. This team is nothing without Dak... Dak is injured worse than is being told. You don't have to believe me, you'll see it for yourself very soon. It's natural for humans to not believe grand design doom and gloom scenarios. It's in your nature to be skeptical.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
just because they have to be a lot better to win a super bowl

if this was a young team with a young coach or rebuilding or what ever it would be different
Cowboys are the tenth youngest team in the league.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score

Man I stopped working about these type of Dallas "fans" a long time ago. No time to even worry about these Doom and Gloom Debbie downers

ICP

Reaction score
Good grief, I think the vast majority of post are very positive this year so I would say most are happy. If you expect everyone to be drinking the Cool-Aid then you need to....... Well I'm not sure there's anywhere you can go to get that

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think people just want to complain.

The boys at 5-1 are a bit of a surprise yet they have a ton of room to improve. The time for tempering expectations are over. You want the team to go all in? How about we go all in and just root for these guys to all do well and win?

Complainers to the left of me, sanctimonious to the right, stuck in the middle with you.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This team is fun to watch! I enjoy these games and feel they can compete with anyone. Yeah they might have a let down here and there but finally there is hope.