Why couldn’t/didn’t NY buzz down to correct

snadler

Reaction score
We have seen all year that NY can and has corrected a clear and obvious fumble or turnover in situations like this..I’m 99.9 % if that’s was in GB, Aaron Rodgers gets the ball back to win that game..now Dak probably turns it over but still

MarcusRock

Reaction score
We have seen all year that NY can and has corrected a clear and obvious fumble or turnover in situations like this..I’m 99.9 % if that’s was in GB, Aaron Rodgers gets the ball back to win that game..now Dak probably turns it over but still

Already a thread for this but the play has to be ruled a fumble. A turnover can be reviewed by the booth buzzing down outside of 2 minutes. Since it was called down and not a turnover, it's not reviewable.

HungryLion

Reaction score

They chose not to and they’re infallible and can do whatever they want.

JBS

Reaction score
Oh , look there are some people in here who know a few things. This is the check from New York that DOES NOT require a challenge. Interested in hearing why it wasn’t done.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Already a thread for this but the play has to be ruled a fumble. A turnover can be reviewed by the booth buzzing down outside of 2 minutes. Since it was called down and not a turnover, it's not reviewable.

My question is could we have challenged within the last 2 minutes. I thought a team couldn't because it is automatically reviewed in the booth.

snadler

Reaction score

I don’t believe that’s correct, I’ve seen several times that NY overrules or changes a call without it being challenged..it has nothing to do whether it was ruled down or not..

phildadon86

Reaction score
But new York can call down for a facemask after the on field refs use the video screen and fan noise to make a call? Lol

mathew1184

Reaction score
Because of..you know...New York.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don’t believe that’s correct, I’ve seen several times that NY overrules or changes a call without it being challenged..it has nothing to do whether it was ruled down or not..

Yes, if the play was ruled a turnover. It's one of the cases where NY can step in and say they saw something. Since this was not ruled a turnover, this was not one of those situations where NY could chime in even if they saw it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
But new York can call down for a facemask after the on field refs use the video screen and fan noise to make a call? Lol

If that's what you can prove happened on that play, sure. You can't. But otherwise, if the refs on the field miss or forget something, they can call it afterwards if they want.

lqmac1

Reaction score
They can only do that if it was ruled a turnover. Other than that, anything outside of the last 2 minutes of a half or game have to be challenged.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
This play was outside of 2 minutes. We could have challenged if we had a timeout. We had none because we had to burn them being confused and stuff.

Yes, I just was reminded that it was outside of 2 minutes. I'm not sure why I thought that it was within 2 minutes.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If that's what you can prove happened on that play, sure. You can't. But otherwise, if the refs on the field miss or forget something, they can call it afterwards if they want.
They literally said that's what happened during the game

lqmac1

Reaction score
It’s definitely frustrating though. It seems like we’re always on the **** end of missed calls.